General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:

Full quote

Trump is in Tucson, spewing malice. He says Harris is a liar and you can check it out on Snopes and Snoops. He says she never worked at McDonald's. He says the ABC moderator's hair isn't as good as it used to be. There's a venomous twang in his voice as he brings up subject after subject that is irrelevant to anything but his defensiveness and personal fragility. This is what a malignant narcissist sounds like after being narcissistically pummeled. He's flailing, in a sad and futile effort to ward off his inevitable decline.

OMG, JD Vance is an idiot.

The bottom line: In addition to hurting U.S. businesses and workers, tariffs also drive up prices, and inflation expectations are starting to rise.

• The U.S. current account deficit also is helping further weigh down the value of the dollar, economists say, another factor that could boost inflation.
    • Manufacturers, including Whirlpool and Polaris, have recently said they are struggling to meet consumer demand due to supply-chain constraints and coronavirus-related safety measures — both of which are pushing up costs.

Clearly, the Trump administration’s trade policies were not successful. American deficits with China and the rest of the world were higher last year than they had been in over a decade. And while it is a little unfair to consider 2020 data without recognizing the peculiar economic distortions created by the coronavirus pandemic, U.S. trade and current account deficits were much higher during Trump’s presidency than they had been under former president Barack Obama.

The evidence is clear—the Trump tariffs have failed and the costs on the U.S. economy continue to pile up.
    From my previous post:

*****start
    "A spokesperson for the American Farm Bureau stated that “farmers have lost the vast majority of what was once a $24 billion market in China” as a result of Chinese retaliatory actions."
    And China found other suppliers since.

www.brookings.edu

More pain than gain: How the US-China trade war hurt America

The ultimate results of the phase one trade deal between China and the United States — and the trade war that preceded it — have significantly hurt the American economy without solving the underlying economic concerns that the trade war was meant to resolve, write Ryan Hass and Abraham Denmark.
    www.brookings.edu
    Despite Trump’s claim that “trade wars are good, and easy to win,” the ultimate results of the phase one trade deal between China and the United States — and the trade war that preceded it — have significantly hurt the American economy without solving the underlying economic concerns that the trade war was meant to resolve.
    and the manufacturing and freight transportation sectors have hit lows not seen since the last recession. Trump’s actions amounted to one of the largest tax increases in years.”
    A September 2019 study by Moody’s Analytics found that the trade war had already cost the U.S. economy nearly 300,000 jobs and an estimated 0.3% of real GDP. Other studies put the cost to U.S. GDP at about 0.7%.
    And once a truce was signed, China signed a deal,
    "essentially paid for the deal with a promise of a windfall in purchases of American goods. It appears that President Trump accepted an IOU as a declaration of victory."

******end.

Trump is extra hateful tonight in AZ. I think he realizes deep down that he looked like a fool in the debate. He ramped up his attacks on Springfield’s Haitians and even said the entire city was ruined by them. He also said this piece of lunacy again:

From my previous post:

*****start

And China found other suppliers since.

www.brookings.edu

More pain than gain: How the US-China trade war hurt America

The ultimate results of the phase one trade deal between China and the United States — and the trade war that preceded it — have significantly hurt the American economy without solving the underlying economic concerns that the trade war was meant to resolve, write Ryan Hass and Abraham Denmark.
    www.brookings.edu

And once a truce was signed, China signed a deal,

******end.

The only thing mass tariffs made Great was the late 1920's Depression! If trump becomes president and implement this stupid plan, the GLOBAL ECONOMY will be wrecked for DECADES! The sad truth of this is that there is documented evidence that PROVES his idea is idiotic, but he's too stupid to understand that evidence.

I was looking for this number. Trump’s venue in AZ seats less than 3,000. And he couldn’t fill it, lol.

Alberto Gonzales, a Republican attorney general under the George W Bush administration, has announced his endorsement of Kamala Harris.

“As the United States approaches a critical election, I can’t sit quietly as Donald Trump – perhaps the most serious threat to the rule of law in a generation – eyes a return to the White House,” Gonzales, who served as the US’s 80th attorney general from 2005 to 2007, wrote in an article for Politico.

“For that reason, though I’m a Republican, I’ve decided to support Kamala Harris for president.”

Gonzales said Trump’s actions contravened “fidelity to the rule of law”, including the then president’s involvement in the January 6 insurrection on Capitol Hill.

Pointing to the “intoxicating” nature of power and how Trump appears unlikely to “respect the power of the presidency in all instances”, Gonzales wrote:

“Perhaps the most revealing example relates to Trump’s conduct on Jan 6, 2021, when he encouraged his followers to march to our nation’s capital in order to challenge the certification of Joe Biden’s electoral victory.”

Gonzales continued: “Trump failed to do his duty and exercise his presidential power to protect members of Congress, law enforcement and the Capitol from the attacks that day. He failed to deploy executive branch personnel to save lives and property and preserve democracy. He just watched on television and chose not to do anything because that would have been contrary to his interests.”……..

Alberto Gonzales, a Republican attorney general under the George W Bush administration, has announced his endorsement of Kamala Harris.

“As the United States approaches a critical election, I can’t sit quietly as Donald Trump – perhaps the most serious threat to the rule of law in a generation – eyes a return to the White House,” Gonzales, who served as the US’s 80th attorney general from 2005 to 2007, wrote in an article for Politico.

“For that reason, though I’m a Republican, I’ve decided to support Kamala Harris for president.”

Gonzales said Trump’s actions contravened “fidelity to the rule of law”, including the then president’s involvement in the January 6 insurrection on Capitol Hill.

Pointing to the “intoxicating” nature of power and how Trump appears unlikely to “respect the power of the presidency in all instances”, Gonzales wrote:

“Perhaps the most revealing example relates to Trump’s conduct on Jan 6, 2021, when he encouraged his followers to march to our nation’s capital in order to challenge the certification of Joe Biden’s electoral victory.”

Gonzales continued: “Trump failed to do his duty and exercise his presidential power to protect members of Congress, law enforcement and the Capitol from the attacks that day. He failed to deploy executive branch personnel to save lives and property and preserve democracy. He just watched on television and chose not to do anything because that would have been contrary to his interests.”……..

I gotta think GWB is gonna endorse Harris, but is waiting for the best timing.

Former President Donald Trump said at a campaign rally Thursday that he would eliminate taxes on overtime pay if he wins a second term in November.

"I’m also announcing that as part of our additional tax cuts, we will end all taxes on overtime," he said in Tucson, Arizona.

"That gives people more of an incentive to work. It gives the companies a lot — it's a lot easier to get the people," he added.

Trump said that when workers are past 40 hours a week, "your overtime hours will be tax free."

The Trump campaign did not immediately respond to a request for details about the plan.

After the remarks, the Harris campaign called Trump's proposal "his latest snake oil sales pitch."…..

I gotta think GWB is gonna endorse Harris, but is waiting for the best timing.
    He released a statement saying he wouldn’t be endorsing any candidate. I saw it a few days ago, unless it was fake or something.

Linda Ronstadt is slamming former President Trump for bringing “his hate show” to an Arizona venue bearing her name.

Donald Trump is holding a rally on Thursday in a rented hall in my hometown, Tucson. I would prefer to ignore that sad fact. But since the building has my name on it, I need to say something,” the “You’re no Good” singer wrote in a Wednesday social media post.

Trump is poised to deliver a campaign speech Thursday at Linda Ronstadt Music Hall in Tucson.

“I don’t just deplore his toxic politics, his hatred of women, immigrants and people of color, his criminality, dishonesty and ignorance — although there’s that,” said the 78-year-old performer, who grew up in the Grand Canyon State.

“For me it comes down to this: In Nogales and across the southern border, the Trump Administration systematically ripped apart migrant families seeking asylum,” Ronstadt said.

“Family separation made orphans of thousands of little children and babies, and brutalized their desperate mothers and fathers,” Ronstadt said, calling it a “humanitarian catastrophe.”…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom