General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    The facts I have about his political leaning came from what I once read that he wrote. He said he is a Libertarian. And one time he said he leans to the GOP. I went to his old 538 site before the fancy one that he's no longer at. Back then I read everything he posted.

He's pretty good at doing the non bias thing, but the thing is he has a bias.

The kind of person who would like working in a polling house aren't going to be liberals. Nor will we much ever populate a police station.
    Can you find that article?

Nothing weird here

There is nothing anyone can say about Donald Trump, not the most nonsensical mad libs thing that can’t to be considered as something that actually happened

“Did Trump once hit on a mannequin at Macy’s?” Maybe

“Did Trump once get in a Twitter war with Janet from Three’s Company?” Possibly

“Did he suggest making a Trump $250 dollar bill?” Wouldn’t be surprised

Last edited:
    I see some aggregator sites have Trump winning a higher % of the popular vote than he did in 2020, which just seems really odd to me. After Jan 6, being found liable for sexual assault, being found to have run Trump Inc fraudulently, and being convicted for false business records (feloniously) these pollsters think more people are voting for him?

Plus the number of MAGA who died from Covid was higher than Dems.

I just don’t buy their premise that more people will vote for Trump in 2024 than did in 2020.

Trump isn’t doing any rallies this week? Did I hear that correctly? I wonder if it’s because he doesn’t want people to compare crowd sizes? Or he’s having trouble booking venues since he doesn’t pay? Or just being lazy as some have suggested? Or he thinks he can win without campaigning?

This guy thinks he’s losing his grip - which was tenuous at best.

Trump isn’t doing any rallies this week? Did I hear that correctly? I wonder if it’s because he doesn’t want people to compare crowd sizes? Or he’s having trouble booking venues since he doesn’t pay? Or just being lazy as some have suggested? Or he thinks he can win without campaigning?

This guy thinks he’s losing his grip - which was tenuous at best.

He's got a crowd size problem:

Ivanka-Trump-Japan.jpg

I agree with this. I've never understood the idea that Trump is "tough". He just reeks of insecurity to me. He whines all the time. Tweets like a hormonal teenager. Basically, every trait of someone who is deeply, deeply insecure. He should just be called out on it...
    If Trump shows up to the debate, I'm confident Harris will expose how weak and insecure Trump is. She will dismiss Trump and wave him off without any need for any shows of bravado, because Trump doesn't warrant any shows of bravado. I wouldn't be surprised if she laughs at him several times, which infuriates Trump more than anything else. She should get Seth Meyers to write a few Trump zingers for her to have at the ready.

In 2020 when her campaign was brainstorming on how she would debate Trump if she won the nomination, the question came up of what she should do if Trump stalked her from behind like he did in the debate with Hillary Clinton. Kamala said she was just turn around to face him and ask him why he was being so weird. That's why she resonated so much with Walz when he described Trump, Vance and Republicans as weird. It's the same thought she's had since 2020.

Last edited:
    Great article on how Harris is muting Trumps ability to wage a war of words/insults etc - its spot on.

I believe the Harris-Walz campaign is getting quality psychological and sociological advice, because they realize that psychology and sociology plays just as much a role in election outcomes as policy, perhaps even more so than policy does. They are handling Trump and his fascist minions exactly how they should be handled. The first rule is don't get hooked in by them. Focus on your goals and only reply to them in the context of how their actions and words apply to your goals. Keep speaking directly to everyone else and never speak directly to them. It makes them feel ignored and unimportant. When they feel that way, they escalate and show everyone just how terrible they are.

When Kamala Harris criticizes Trump's lies and behavior during the debate, I'd like to see her do so by saying "see how he's lying to you or see how bad he's behaving" as opposed to saying to Trump "you are lying or you are behaving badly." I'd like to see her treat Trump like he doesn't deserve to be spoken to or a part of the converstation with voters, because Trump doesn't deserve either of those. It will also make him escalate his bad behavior in order to get the attention he's obsessively compulsively driven to seek. Both Hillary and Biden made the mistake of directly addressing Trump which puts everyone's focus on himself, which is what he so desperately needs. Starve him of that and he will implode causing him to have a major outburst. I want everyone on the planet to see that happen live.

Not even talking about who they support, really. More a comment on how it seems that some men who perceive they aren’t centered any longer immediately want to burn it all down. I learned as a child that I don’t run things. That I’m not the center of everyone’s attention. That if I want something I have to earn it, because it won’t be given. That’s what I meant by “grow up”. It was just a rant.

I understand the importance of working to help these men. I was just muttering about it, basically.
    One of the upsides of growing up with narcissistic parents and siblings is I learned how to live without being the center of attention and it reinforced my empathy for everyone. It just goes to show there's an upside to everything.

Today at the press conference Doucy (who I don’t always mind too much) asked a really stupid (and ignorant question which was handled really well IMO.

Reading about “code-switching” on Twitter, which I had heard of, just refreshed my memory.

Growing up backwaters Cajun with parents and grandparents generation mostly speaking their native language of Cajun French while going to a K-12 school with less than 350 total students, but then competing at state and national debate tournaments while going to a AAA high school in the city, I naturally ended up code-switching a lot. I still do. We all do to some degree. The most important part of communication is to speak to people in their language, which is much more than mere vocabulary.

I get that and I don't disagree but from a certain point of view when minorities, women, gays etc. are getting real attention, focus and power (a very small balancing of the historical scales) this can come across as a little "All Lives Matterish"

It is "All Lives Matter"-ish. People are pretty emotional and self-centered in aggregate. If the perception of the general left wing dialogue is that women and minorities need help because white men have enacted laws and policies and traditions that make it hard for women and minorities to advance - all of which is true; and if you're a white man who is struggling and falling behind and not getting any of these advantages, you are going to feel attacked, and move away from that side.

It's a matter of human emotion and feelings and perception. That's just reality.

I'm not making any particular policy or messaging prescription, just a general observation. A decent percentage of young white men believe they are being attacked, they're struggling to afford basic things in life (like all young people), and they don't see any effort by the left to make their lives better, and instead believe they are being made to be the bad guys.

It's actually harder for younger white men than older white guys like me. I actually did benefit from a lot of those rules and systemic abuses - and I'm self aware enough to realize that. Those sytemic advantages still exist, but they are diluted, the economy is changing rapidly and it's really hard to be young right now -- for white men as well. They're going to go to the people/party/movement that is speaking directly to them.

It is "All Lives Matter"-ish. People are pretty emotional and self-centered in aggregate. If the perception of the general left wing dialogue is that women and minorities need help because white men have enacted laws and policies and traditions that make it hard for women and minorities to advance - all of which is true; and if you're a white man who is struggling and falling behind and not getting any of these advantages, you are going to feel attacked, and move away from that side.

It's a matter of human emotion and feelings and perception. That's just reality.

I'm not making any particular policy or messaging prescription, just a general observation. A decent percentage of young white men believe they are being attacked, they're struggling to afford basic things in life (like all young people), and they don't see any effort by the left to make their lives better, and instead believe they are being made to be the bad guys.

It's actually harder for younger white men than older white guys like me. I actually did benefit from a lot of those rules and systemic abuses - and I'm self aware enough to realize that. Those sytemic advantages still exist, but they are diluted, the economy is changing rapidly and it's really hard to be young right now -- for white men as well. They're going to go to the people/party/movement that is speaking directly to them.
    Perceived victimization is what it sounds like me. Trump is the king of victimization. He pouts like a baby about how unfair he has it as he flies on a private jet, plays golf all day and practically gets away with murder.
    These young white men should be gay, black or a woman and see how hard it is.

Perceived victimization is what it sounds like me. Trump is the king of victimization. He pouts like a baby about how unfair he has it as he flies on a private jet, plays golf all day and practically gets away with murder.
    These young white men should be gay, black or a woman and see how hard it is.

People can only be what they are though -- and there is a lot of uncertainty around life for everyone right now, things are harder for everyone in the under 30 crowd, including young white men. So, in aggregate, it's probably easier to be a young white male, than young black woman, but that doesn't necessarily mean their lives are easy or they aren't also struggling. And they will go to whoever is speaking to them directly and telling them why their life is hard (it's the immigrants, or women, or DEI, etc) and promising to make their life better.

People like simple answers. In a complex world, whoever can make things seem simple and promise to make things better will attract followers.

I don't think it will be hard for Harris to win more of that share of voters -- just need to speak directly to them, explain why life is harder and how her policies will directly help them.

People can only be what they are though -- and there is a lot of uncertainty around life for everyone right now, things are harder for everyone in the under 30 crowd, including young white men. So, in aggregate, it's probably easier to be a young white male, than young black woman, but that doesn't necessarily mean their lives are easy or they aren't also struggling. And they will go to whoever is speaking to them directly and telling them why their life is hard (it's the immigrants, or women, or DEI, etc) and promising to make their life better.

People like simple answers. In a complex world, whoever can make things seem simple and promise to make things better will attract followers.

I don't think it will be hard for Harris to win more of that share of voters -- just need to speak directly to them, explain why life is harder and how her policies will directly help them.
    I get that. I am not saying it isn’t hard for the under 30 crowd. I am saying perspective is everything and Trump does a good job of making people think they are victims and missing out because of others.
    This has also been the strategy of the GOP for a long time of making people feel if others are doing well, that impacts their ability to do well. Another group of people doing well doesn’t prevent you from also succeeding. Jealousy and coveting what others have is the problem too.

I get that. I am not saying it isn’t hard for the under 30 crowd. I am saying perspective is everything and Trump does a good job of making people think they are victims and missing out because of others.
    This has also been the strategy of the GOP for a long time of making people feel if others are doing well, that impacts their ability to do well. Another group of people doing well doesn’t prevent you from also succeeding. Jealousy and coveting what others have is the problem too.

Yep, and we counter it with empathy. Talking directly to them, addressing their concerns and taking their fears seriously. Doesn't mean changing policy, just talking to them and assuaging fears that just because others are getting more, they are then going to get less. Talk explicitly about how these policies will help young, poor white men, as well as women and minorities. Rising tide lifts all boats sort of thing.

Essentially, make it clear that liberal/progressive policies aren't going to make any demographic the enemy (but you can make clear that wealth accumulation by the very top is unhealthy for the economy). Some groups need more help than others due to past systemic abuses, but that everyone is going to be richer and safer b/c of xyz policies.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom