/* */

General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    That article is a prime exhibit of the media trying to be 'balanced' by bending over way too far to accommodate one side of things.

Like, it doesn't even mention that the Trump campaign did, in fact, release a political video on TikTok using footage from Arlington. The article uses a photo of Trump looking serious at a completely different event, and not the more relevant photo of him grinning and giving a thumbs up by a grave.

It literally quotes the family member saying Harris wasn't invited, and then further down quotes Cotton attacking her for not going, and only reiterates that she wasn't invited by characterising that as a "White House official and a Harris aide" disputing it, despite, again, the article having literally quoted the family member saying she wasn't.

If you just read that article, you could have the impression that the Trump campaign hadn't filmed it for political purposes and that they weren't pretending that Harris had been invited.

Just terrible journalism.
    I do agree but the article is definitely using the defense those on the right are using about this

My understanding is that the issue isn't that Trump was there, isn't that he was invited in the first place but was all about using footage as a campaign ad, as well as the manhandling of the employee, and the thumbs up at the grave site picture

I agree in principle. But from a woman’s viewpoint it’s so frustrating. Men have so many advantages and as soon as they feel the least bit ignored they want to stomp their feet and vote for a sociopath? Grow up.

Sorry, just venting.

This is the frustration of any minority group when speaking from their experience or trying to address problems in their community. The frustration is real, and yet we've seen it happen repeatedly whether it be through DEI attacks, book bans, etc.. Majority groups (especially the activist within those groups) always act out and fearmonger when they perceive they aren't at the center of any discussion or policy or that whatever is being discussed isn't the most differential to "them".

The main difference here is that women aren't in shear numbers a minority to men in this country. She may very well be able to beat Trump by mostly focusing her campaign on women (that's not necessarily what she's doing, but I'm just saying). The idea behind having a policy agenda and positive role models is to give these young men somewhere to go if they're tired of all of the negative BS coming out of the right wing. Show them they have a future and place within our inclusive society, so that they don't have to fear a future where they aren't at the center of every policy and where they have equal (and not less opportunity) with everybody else within our society.

Last edited:
    I do think it would be a good thing for the Harris campaign to speak too and have a policy platform to address issues, problems and the concerns of young men. It's easy to tell them to "do better" without a real and visible option and goal for young men to model themselves after. In that void, the Trump surrogates and the Joe Rogan's of the world are filling young men's minds with these caustic attitudes towards society, government, woman and their concerns. And this is kind of happening across the board regardless of race. They need to have young and older male surrogates alike talking to this demographic. Perhaps this is something that can be a focus forTim Walz with strong support and vocalization of this issues and policy proposal by Harris to address the concerns for this demographic.

Harris can also easily shoot holes in Cheato's macho image. He's an abject coward, his response to Covid was to curl up into a little ball, suck his thumb and pretend it wasn't happening.
    He whines like a child, constantly. Leaders take responsibility, Cheato can only ever steal credit.

I do think it would be a good thing for the Harris campaign to speak too and have a policy platform to address issues, problems and the concerns of young men. It's easy to tell them to "do better" without a real and visible option and goal for young men to model themselves after. In that void, the Trump surrogates and the Joe Rogan's of the world are filling young men's minds with these caustic attitudes towards society, government, woman and their concerns. And this is kind of happening across the board regardless of race. They need to have young and older male surrogates alike talking to this demographic. Perhaps this is something that can be a focus forTim Walz with strong support and vocalization of this issues and policy proposal by Harris to address the concerns for this demographic.
    The article does touch on this a bit
    =====================

..........I recognize that many young men feel uncomfortable about the Democratic party, partly because some Democrats unfortunately treat men as a problem – and sometimes as the problem. If the Democrats were smart, they’d see that young men – like every other group in society – have problems that they need help with, problems like affording a home, finding a good-paying job, obtaining health insurance, affording college and having enough money to raise a family.

Regardless of how you feel about Harris, the truth is that her policies will do far more for young men than Trump’s policies will. It’s not even close. She is serious about lifting up young men and young women, and she has plans to do so.

Unlike Trump, Harris will help with soaring rents and home prices. She has pledged to build 3m new homes to help drive down housing prices. In another big step to make housing more affordable, she plans to give a $25,000 subsidy to first-time home buyers. Unlike Trump, Harris is also attacking the problem of high grocery prices – she has promised to crack down on price-gouging at the supermarket............

If you’re a young man frustrated by how little your job pays, you should know that Trump – doing a big favor for his corporate allies – did nothing to raise the $7.25-an-hour federal minimum wage. Harris strongly supports raising the minimum wage.

Trump has made two big promises to make your life more affordable. Without giving details, he says he will cut auto insurance prices nationwide in his first 100 days in office. He also says he will cut energy and electricity prices in half during his first year in office. If you believe those far-fetched promises, then you’ll probably believe me when I say I have a bridge to sell you.

If you’re a young father or if you hope to have a family someday, you should know that Harris’s policies will do far more for you than Trump’s. Recognizing how expensive it is to raise a family, Harris has called for creating a children’s tax credit of $3,000 per child per year and $6,000 for a newborn.

To improve work-family balance, Harris has long pushed to enact paid family and medical leave so that people can take much-needed paid time off to spend with their newborns or care for sick parents or children. (Most Republicans oppose a paid leave law because their corporate donors oppose it.) Trump doesn’t have similar pro-family policies – his main policy proposals are huge tax cuts for corporations and the ultra-rich and large tariffs on imports that will dangerously push up inflation...........

Harris can also easily shoot holes in Cheato's macho image. He's an abject coward, his response to Covid was to curl up into a little ball, suck his thumb and pretend it wasn't happening.
    He whines like a child, constantly. Leaders take responsibility, Cheato can only ever steal credit.

I agree with this. I've never understood the idea that Trump is "tough". He just reeks of insecurity to me. He whines all the time. Tweets like a hormonal teenager. Basically, every trait of someone who is deeply, deeply insecure. He should just be called out on it...

James Carville projects:

His advice is for Harris to break away from the past, “From Labor Day to Election Day, to clinch victory and drive a nail into Mr. Trump’s political career, there are three imperatives Ms. Harris must drive at successfully to become the certified fresh candidate at the ballot box in November,” he added.

Carville's projecting in this case because his sage advice logically excludes his own sage advice from the past.

He's a long winded ghost from the past. And forceful with his advise in the way of it he makes it very clear that he expects his advice to be advice which is heeded. "... there are three imperatives Ms. Harris must drive at successfully to become the certified fresh candidate at the ballot box in November,” he added.

I never have liked him.

The article does touch on this a bit
    =====================

..........I recognize that many young men feel uncomfortable about the Democratic party, partly because some Democrats unfortunately treat men as a problem – and sometimes as the problem. If the Democrats were smart, they’d see that young men – like every other group in society – have problems that they need help with, problems like affording a home, finding a good-paying job, obtaining health insurance, affording college and having enough money to raise a family.

Regardless of how you feel about Harris, the truth is that her policies will do far more for young men than Trump’s policies will. It’s not even close. She is serious about lifting up young men and young women, and she has plans to do so.

Unlike Trump, Harris will help with soaring rents and home prices. She has pledged to build 3m new homes to help drive down housing prices. In another big step to make housing more affordable, she plans to give a $25,000 subsidy to first-time home buyers. Unlike Trump, Harris is also attacking the problem of high grocery prices – she has promised to crack down on price-gouging at the supermarket............

If you’re a young man frustrated by how little your job pays, you should know that Trump – doing a big favor for his corporate allies – did nothing to raise the $7.25-an-hour federal minimum wage. Harris strongly supports raising the minimum wage.

Trump has made two big promises to make your life more affordable. Without giving details, he says he will cut auto insurance prices nationwide in his first 100 days in office. He also says he will cut energy and electricity prices in half during his first year in office. If you believe those far-fetched promises, then you’ll probably believe me when I say I have a bridge to sell you.

If you’re a young father or if you hope to have a family someday, you should know that Harris’s policies will do far more for you than Trump’s. Recognizing how expensive it is to raise a family, Harris has called for creating a children’s tax credit of $3,000 per child per year and $6,000 for a newborn.

To improve work-family balance, Harris has long pushed to enact paid family and medical leave so that people can take much-needed paid time off to spend with their newborns or care for sick parents or children. (Most Republicans oppose a paid leave law because their corporate donors oppose it.) Trump doesn’t have similar pro-family policies – his main policy proposals are huge tax cuts for corporations and the ultra-rich and large tariffs on imports that will dangerously push up inflation...........

People like to be catered to... young men included. And young men are falling behind in some ways, but the rhetoric from the left focuses heavily on women and minorities. Which is understandable b/c those were the demographics with historic and ongoing road blocks thrown in front of them. However, the net effect is that young men feel like they're being ignored, and basic human psychology is that people will gravitate to the ones that are catering to them.

This isn't an issue of policy -- as discussed above, Harris' policies will help young men more than Trump's will. Also some of the broader societal changes we're going through should be beneficial for young men as well, but the rhetoric isn't focused on that... In general we should be mindful how the things we're advocating are beneficial for everyone, and specifically address every demographic's concerns.

I agree with this. I've never understood the idea that Trump is "tough". He just reeks of insecurity to me. He whines all the time. Tweets like a hormonal teenager. Basically, every trait of someone who is deeply, deeply insecure. He should just be called out on it...

Great article on how Harris is muting Trumps ability to wage a war of words/insults etc - its spot on.

(NewsNation) — Voter registration surged 700% after President Joe Biden announced he would not seek reelection, according to the CEO of a nonpartisan voter engagement organization.

Andrea Hailey, chief executive of Vote.org, says that nearly 40,000 new voters registered within 48 hours of Biden’s announcement that he was suspending his campaign and endorsing Vice President Kamala Harris.

“We particularly saw spikes among young people,” Hailey told “The Hill on NewsNation.” “Most of the registrations were (ages) 18 to 34.”

Hailey noted significant registration increases in key swing states, including Pennsylvania, Ohio, Michigan and Wisconsin. By the end of the week following Biden’s announcement, Vote.org had recorded more than 142,000 new registrations nationwide...........

Vote.org reports an 81% conversion rate from registration to voting, suggesting a high likelihood that newly registered individuals will cast ballots in November..........

I agree in principle. But from a woman’s viewpoint it’s so frustrating. Men have so many advantages and as soon as they feel the least bit ignored they want to stomp their feet and vote for a sociopath? Grow up.

Sorry, just venting.

I think the media makes the gender divide seem like a bigger deal than it is.

41 percent of women support Trump, and 51% of men support Trump.

A randomly selected man isn't much more likely to support Trump than a randomly selected woman.

I think the media makes the gender divide seem like a bigger deal than it is.

41 percent of women support Trump, and 51% of men support Trump.

A randomly selected man isn't much more likely to support Trump than a randomly selected woman.
    Not even talking about who they support, really. More a comment on how it seems that some men who perceive they aren’t centered any longer immediately want to burn it all down. I learned as a child that I don’t run things. That I’m not the center of everyone’s attention. That if I want something I have to earn it, because it won’t be given. That’s what I meant by “grow up”. It was just a rant.

I understand the importance of working to help these men. I was just muttering about it, basically.

Not even talking about who they support, really. More a comment on how it seems that some men who perceive they aren’t centered any longer immediately want to burn it all down. I learned as a child that I don’t run things. That I’m not the center of everyone’s attention. That if I want something I have to earn it, because it won’t be given. That’s what I meant by “grow up”. It was just a rant.

I understand the importance of working to help these men. I was just muttering about it, basically.

I just don't think it really has anything to do with gender.

Today at the press conference Doucy (who I don’t always mind too much) asked a really stupid (and ignorant question which was handled really well IMO.

Reading about “code-switching” on Twitter, which I had heard of, just refreshed my memory.

I just don't think it really has anything to do with gender.
    Maybe you missed the post that Optimus made that started this discussion? With young voters it does seem to be about gender.

It’s the most startling thing I’ve seen in this year’s presidential campaign – the astoundingly large gap between how young men and young women plan to vote this November. Among women under age 30, an overwhelming 67% plan to vote for Kamala Harris, while just 29% say they’ll back Donald Trump.

But among young men, a majority – 53% – plan to vote for Trump, while 40% say they’ll support Harris, according to a New York Times/Sienna College poll. That’s an astonishing 51-percentage-point gender gap.

Today at the press conference Doucy (who I don’t always mind too much) asked a really stupid (and ignorant question which was handled really well IMO.

Reading about “code-switching” on Twitter, which I had heard of, just refreshed my memory.

Im just confounded by this "code-switching" angle.

I do that EVERY SINGLE day in my job. If im meeting with someone from South Louisiana, my tone, tenor and accent will NOT be the same as when i meet with a client from Ruston LA who is involved in farming/agriculture operations.

One of the most successful conversation tools it being able to assimilate to your audience. Nor will my word selection in discussing certain aspects in the meeting.

They are looking for literally anything that will stick, and to date, having no success.

People like to be catered to... young men included. And young men are falling behind in some ways, but the rhetoric from the left focuses heavily on women and minorities. Which is understandable b/c those were the demographics with historic and ongoing road blocks thrown in front of them. However, the net effect is that young men feel like they're being ignored, and basic human psychology is that people will gravitate to the ones that are catering to them.

This isn't an issue of policy -- as discussed above, Harris' policies will help young men more than Trump's will. Also some of the broader societal changes we're going through should be beneficial for young men as well, but the rhetoric isn't focused on that... In general we should be mindful how the things we're advocating are beneficial for everyone, and specifically address every demographic's concerns.
    I get that and I don't disagree but from a certain point of view when minorities, women, gays etc. are getting real attention, focus and power (a very small balancing of the historical scales) this can come across as a little "All Lives Matterish"

He's infamous for doing shirt like that. I believe this is the same fool when asked if he had any regrets about something, Biden responded, "I regret allowing you to ask a question."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom