General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
NFL and politics
=============
That didn’t take long at all. The funtime tradition that erupts every election cycle when America’s favorite league gets pulled kicking and screaming into our political dog mess. The NFL is back. So is the discord.

We didn’t even have to wait until Thursday night’s season kickoff to wonder if the two-time defending Super Bowl champion Kansas City Chiefs are clumsily trying to make America great again, one faux pas at a time.

Or if the Philadelphia Eagles, who will appear in the NFL’s prime time matchup Friday night in Brazil, are operating as the worst covert super PAC ever while attempting to swing Pennsylvania in favor of Vice President Kamala Harris.

And who knows? By Monday night, when the New York Jets play the San Francisco 49ers, maybe Aaron Rodgers — “immunized” quarterback and Robert F. Kennedy Jr.'s one-time potential running mate — will remember that it’s kind of been a long while since he’s not so subtly suggested that someone in the “woke mob” was a Jeffrey Epstein associate.

If football’s journey into the 2024 election has already started ahead of Week 1, then just you wait. In the most momentous presidential election of our lifetime (at least until 2028), the NFL will naturally play a starring role in helping a divided nation pick sides.

As if we needed more assistance in this pursuit, we’ve got the wife of an NFL superstar and — long sigh — a kicker serving as tour guides into our deepest tensions.

In August, Brittany Mahomes, the spouse of Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes, caught the Swifties’ attention by apparently double-tapping and thus “liking” an Instagram post from Donald Trump’s account that outlined the 2024 GOP platform.

The 20-point post hit on the usual trite MAGA talking points: promoting fears that migrants are rampant criminals, that trans women are taking over sports and that public schools must be stopped from influencing young minds on any topic about race in America.

Though Mahomes reportedly removed her like and then took aim at “haters” who dared to take notice of her social media activity on her public and verified account, she had stepped in it politically.

Aligning herself with Trump — an unforgivable sin to many of Taylor Swift’s biggest fans. Swift, the tight end’s famous girlfriend, once tweeted directly at Trump that “we will vote you out.”

Note to the NFL’s broadcast partners: Now you can justify all of those close-up shots inside the Chiefs’ family suites this season — and a hidden mic, if possible — so the viewing audience can spy any frosty interaction between Mahomes and her so-called bestie………

Months later, the Eagles organization rushed to distance itself from political propaganda that depicted Harris, the Democratic presidential nominee, as the “official candidate of the Philadelphia Eagles.”

Those green and white posters were outfitted inside the windows of bus stops around the city and appeared to be actual ads. They even included a link to the team’s official webpage that features nonpartisan voting information.

However, the posters were fakes and on Monday, the team had to pause its usual football content and address the “counterfeit political ads.”

The notion that someone, or some group, would steal an NFL team’s logo and font as the vehicle to push an agenda speaks to the league’s power.

Football matters too much in red states, blue states, swing states and any other place in our country.

No other sport possesses such an outsize influence — so much so that the game, and those who play it or even speak about it, can shape ideology…….

Some “connect the dots” type information here. I don’t think Silver can work for Polymarket and still be given the benefit of the doubt about his neutrality. JMO.

So the DOJ indicted Tenet Media over Russian misinfo.

here is an exhibit from indictment - Russian talking points

Read them and then think about the last 2 months of Trump/Vance speeches and "interviews"

I think this can have its own thread. I will quote this post on it. If Russia spent $10M on just one media company in TN, just imagine how much they have greased the wheels elsewhere.

I always remember an Oye post on PDB

Basically he said

"You can support Donald Trump because of his racism or you can support Donald Trump in spite of his racism. There is no third option”

IMG_8892.jpeg

PS - really miss Oye/Ayo. Both here and on EE. I hope he’s doing okay

Last edited:
Sooo this just dropped. Team Trump issue an internal memo to stop lower levels from speaking to the press ( presumably over leaks) and this memo leaks ...Same day.

Others are speculating there may be some connectivity to the RT/tenet media situation

So the DOJ indicted Tenet Media over Russian misinfo.

here is an exhibit from indictment - Russian talking points

Read them and then think about the last 2 months of Trump/Vance speeches and "interviews"

In case anyone was wondering, not that it is any surprise, CONGRESS PERSON 1 is Matt Gaetz.

Some “connect the dots” type information here. I don’t think Silver can work for Polymarket and still be given the benefit of the doubt about his neutrality. JMO.

You know last week he had Kamala odds up. Just got a campaign email saying Silver is saying it is a toss up and to donate.
A blow out in polls right now doesn’t help the Dems because people will mail it in like they did for Hillary. A little fear of losing goes a long way to motivate. Remember 6 weeks ago Trump was picking out curtains for the Oval Office and they picked Vance as VP.

He posted this fake image and lie. And nobody will ask him to justify it.

Full text

I guess we’ll need separate house and senate races threads soon
=======

The damage Trump is doing to himself is playing out in private conversations like this:

"We have a really good shot at taking the Senate. Manchin leaving gets us to 50. Tester is toast. That's 51. Between that and the Supreme Court, we can hold off Harris for two years and get more reinforcements then fight in 2028 for the White House. If Trump gets in, we set back the pro-life cause and free markets by a generation at least."

You can say that is crazy talk. But that crazy talk is happening more and more.

Trump, with Vance as his pick, hurt himself with the economic wing of the GOP. His Florida and IVF remarks hurt him with the pro-life wing. He was already hurt with the natsec wing.

He's cutting off all three legs of the stool at the same time hoping "But Harris" saves him. He's got real damage control to do.

No amount of bullying "but you're helping Harris" is going to fix this. Only Trump pivoting can.

Accepting his party’s nomination in 1984, Democrat Walter Mondale vowed to cut the deficit with a memorable line about the tough medicine either he or Ronald Reagan would have to administer to the country.

“Let’s tell the truth,” Mondale said, “Mr. Reagan will raise taxes, and so will I. He won’t tell you. I just did.”

Now, as Labor Day marks the final stretch of another presidential campaign, it’s time for another round of truth-telling.

The best possible outcome in November for the future of the Republican Party is for former President Donald Trump to lose and lose soundly. GOP leaders won’t tell you that on the record. I just did.

Trump will never concede defeat, no matter how thorough his loss. Yet the more decisively Vice President Kamala Harris wins the popular vote and electoral college the less political oxygen he’ll have to reprise his 2020 antics; and, importantly, the faster Republicans can begin building a post-Trump party.……

With just 61 days until election day, Republicanstrategists are likely keeping a close eye on gender polling as Vice President Kamala Harriscontinues to enjoy support from a majority of women while former president Donald Trumpstruggles to hold onto women supporters.

Post-Democratic National Convention, Harris has managed to increase the percentage of women supporting her by three points, according to polling from Reuters/Ipsos.

That could be attributed to Democrats’ push for reproductive freedoms, including abortion, which is among a top concern for voters this election cycle.

Meanwhile, Trump is losing support from women and instead picking up more from men. The former president had a five-point increase in support from men post-DNC……

Trump spoke at the NY Economic forum today.

Several clips are out there but this one is the one i want to post- remember, he is speaking to a room full of folks who understand the economy more than he ever will, by the time they were 30.

The question was what legislation would be passed to help make child care more affordable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom