General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
Reaction score
Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
Yep, and we counter it with empathy. Talking directly to them, addressing their concerns and taking their fears seriously. Doesn't mean changing policy, just talking to them and assuaging fears that just because others are getting more, they are then going to get less. Talk explicitly about how these policies will help young, poor white men, as well as women and minorities. Rising tide lifts all boats sort of thing.

Essentially, make it clear that liberal/progressive policies aren't going to make any demographic the enemy (but you can make clear that wealth accumulation by the very top is unhealthy for the economy). Some groups need more help than others due to past systemic abuses, but that everyone is going to be richer and safer b/c of xyz policies.
Reason always get trumped by fear. Pun intended.

During a campaign stop at the Livingston County Sheriff’s Office in Howell, Michigan, Donald Trumpsuggested that deputies there should be deployed to the majority-Black city of Detroit.

“I’d love to have them working there during the election,” he told the group on August 20, standing in front of law enforcement officials and squad cars.

A week later, Trump held a “town hall” in La Crosse, Wisconsin. The next day, he rallied in Johnstown, Pennsylvania. He will speak in the town of Mosinee, Wisconsin, on September 7.

These relatively small cities — spread across midwestern swing states and far from dense metropolitan areas — all have one thing in common: They are former “sundown” towns, where threats of Jim Crow-era violence enforced racial segregation.

After a series of rallies in major cities to kick off his general election campaign, the Republican presidential candidate zeroed in on a handful of cities with familiar pasts.

Viral criticism across social media has argued that Trump’s latest campaign stretch isn’t a coincidence but a “dogwhistle” to racist supporters. Vice President Kamala Harris’s campaign accused the former president of deliberately campaining in the former “KKK capital of Michigan.”………

Critics may be quick to write off Donald Trump’s meandering monologues and inability to succinctly articulate a party line as a major flaw.

But what is actually happening is the “most brilliant thing” academics have ever seen, the former president himself has claimed.

On Friday, while speaking at a rally in Johnstown, Pennsylvania, he divulged what he claims to be his newly-coined strategy for the first time: the weave.

“When I do the weave... you know what the weave is?” Trump asked the crowd.

“I’ll talk about nine different things and they all come back brilliantly together,” he continued, waving his arms and interlocking his fingers.

Trump has long had a knack of making simple phrases rambling or extraordinarily complicated.

In January, for example, he once described using an iron dome missile defense system as “ding, ding, ding, ding, ding, ding… Boom. Okay. Missile launch. Whoosh. Boom.”

Now, he is trying to spin his wordy responses and long, disjointed speeches as an intentional tactic.……

The Republican presidential nominee, however, believes that his dissenters are mistaken and insists that he’s “not rambling” at all.

“Friends of mine that are like English professors, they say: ‘It’s the most brilliant thing they’ve ever seen,’” he said of the weave on stage on Friday.

“But you know the fake news, you know what they say: ‘He rambles.’ It’s not rambling.”

While he didn’t disclose which English professors that complimented his linguistic abilities, Trump did reveal just how the weave works.

“What you do is you go off a subject, mention another little tidbit. And you get back onto the subject,” he explained. “You go for two hours, and you don’t even mispronounce one word.”

But not everyone is convinced by his claim.……

Donald Trump’s former adviser has urged Fox News pundits to “cut the Kamala c**p” and stop referring to the vice president by her first name because it “personalizes her.”

Peter Navarro, a former trade adviser to Trump when he was in office, went on a three-minute rant about “Kamala” while appearing on Steve Bannon’s War Room on Tuesday.

Navarro warned Fox News and Newsmax hosts that in referring to Harris by her first name, they “personalize her” and it is not doing Trump any favors in the presidential campaign.

“Never refer to Kamala Harris only by her first name,” he said. “She is not a soccer star. Pelé, Messi, I get it, but when you use Kamala these days it does not do us any good. Works in the other direction. It personalizes her, it creates a favorable impression.”

Navarro, released in July from a four-month prison sentence, had some suggestions for fellow conservatives on how they could refer to the vice president.

“The only exception to that rule is if you use it with a Trump-like nickname. Kamachameleon... that’s not bad. Kamaliar... that’s not bad.”……..

Kamala Harris’s presidential campaign has raised more than half-a-billion dollars since the start of late July, and she’s now giving some of the haul away to other Democrats.

The vice president’s camp raised $540 millionin just over a month as she continues to gain momentum following the departure of President Joe Biden from the ticket and his endorsement of her on July 21.

Control of Congress will decide if Harris will be able to enact her agenda if she wins in November, and while the presidential race between her and former President Donald Trump remains close, so too do a number of down-ballot races for the Senate and the House.

The Harris campaign and the Democratic National Committee are now sending almost $25 million to campaigns on the congressional and state levels. They said it’s “the largest transfer ever in a presidential cycle.”…….

The southern strategy probably prevents more from coming over. You might be poor, but you are better than those other people and should vote differently.
Yep. It amazes me when I hear such individuals act this way. Hell, my job specifically treats under-insured and uninsured patients. We have folks walk in with their MAGA gear on and everything and all I can do is side-eye. Our CFO is a Trump supporter and I had to tell her once, "you know, your position might be first to go with the proposals your candidate is proposing."

Yep. It amazes me when I hear such individuals act this way. Hell, my job specifically treats under-insured and uninsured patients. We have folks walk in with their MAGA gear on and everything and all I can do is side-eye. Our CFO is a Trump supporter and I had to tell her once, "you know, your position might be first to go with the proposals your candidate is proposing."
what did she say to that?

Donald Trump’s former adviser has urged Fox News pundits to “cut the Kamala c**p” and stop referring to the vice president by her first name because it “personalizes her.”

Peter Navarro, a former trade adviser to Trump when he was in office, went on a three-minute rant about “Kamala” while appearing on Steve Bannon’s War Room on Tuesday.

Navarro warned Fox News and Newsmax hosts that in referring to Harris by her first name, they “personalize her” and it is not doing Trump any favors in the presidential campaign.

“Never refer to Kamala Harris only by her first name,” he said. “She is not a soccer star. Pelé, Messi, I get it, but when you use Kamala these days it does not do us any good. Works in the other direction. It personalizes her, it creates a favorable impression.”

Navarro, released in July from a four-month prison sentence, had some suggestions for fellow conservatives on how they could refer to the vice president.

“The only exception to that rule is if you use it with a Trump-like nickname. Kamachameleon... that’s not bad. Kamaliar... that’s not bad.”……..

Who wants to tell Navarro that Pele is a nickname, not his first name and Messi is the last name of Lionel Messi, not the first name of some dude called Messi Garcia?

That or they're coordinating with the super PACs. Lots of ads being played in AZ. Kinda odd since they're all pretty close.
I spent the last few days in NV, and TV viewers are being bombarded with campaign commercials - I estimate 75% pro-Trump/anti-Harris.

So the DOJ indicted Tenet Media over Russian misinfo.

here is an exhibit from indictment - Russian talking points

Read them and then think about the last 2 months of Trump/Vance speeches and "interviews"

I spent the last few days in NV, and TV viewers are being bombarded with campaign commercials - I estimate 75% pro-Trump/anti-Harris.
That's interesting, but it seems to be backfiring. As recently as 26 AUG, Trump had a 4 point lead in Nevada, but recent polls in 270 show that Kamala has a slight lead.

The NYT shows the same trend.

I wonder if these polls are accounting for turnout due to abortion, since abortion is on the ballot in 2 states that are within the margin of error: Nevada and Arizona. Trump has a huge 7 point lead in Arizona per the CNN poll, but that seems like an outlier compared to other good polls in the last few days, however most show a lead. Kamala has a lead in Nevada within the margin of error, but it may be underestimating her lead if polls are not accounting for a possible big turnout due to abortion. Even Florida could be interesting, since abortion is on the ballot, even though polls show that Trump has an 8 point lead.

The 2024 presidential election will kick into yet another gear in the coming days, with the first ballots set to go out in North Carolina on Friday, a debate Sept. 10 and early voting starting in a handful of states shortly thereafter.

The battleground is coming into focus.
There are generally thought to be seven states that are the most in play: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania and Wisconsin.

But not all swing states are of equal importance. Two — Georgia and Pennsylvania — loom particularly large. It has a lot to do with math……

So why are these two states so important?

The most obvious reason is the sheer number of electoral votes available. Among the seven states mentioned above, Pennsylvania (19 electoral votes), Georgia (16) and North Carolina (16) are the biggest prizes.

But it’s also because those electoral votes happen to be just enough for Trump. If he can hold North Carolina — the only one of these seven states he won in both 2016 and 2020 — he probably needs to win only Georgia and Pennsylvania in addition.
Michigan is close behind Georgia and North Carolina, with 15 electoral votes.

But, crucially, winning two of the three key states (Pennsylvania, Georgia and North Carolina), plus Michigan, probably would not be enough for Trump; sweeping those three biggest prizes probably would.

The Georgia-North Carolina-Pennsylvania path gets Trump to exactly 270 electoral votes, as long as he holds on to Maine’s 2nd Congressional District, which he won by 10 points in 2016 and seven points in 2020. (Maine and Nebraska are the only states that award electoral votes to the winner of each district. Nebraska’s 2nd District is also in play.)……

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
Top Bottom