/* */

General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SamAndreas

It's Not my Fault
    Reaction score
    Today it begins, Kamala has reached the point that she's the Democratic Party nominee:

There's video from today. this link has video from her first public appearance since Biden endorsed her:

She spent yesterday on the telephone for most of the day. I read that yesterday that she called the party leaders in all 50 states. That would take me three days.

She's renamed her YouTube channel, that's the where to go for video: https://www.youtube.com/@kamalaharris

This is her video on her channel from two hours ago:

To play it, start it, and then move it up to 5:47. This was one of those live videos which don't start at zero.

I've named this thread General Election 2024 Harris vs Trump

Trump needs an introduction post as well, a MAGA suporter ought to write it: @Farb, @SaintForLife , @Others, calling for someone to please introduce your GOP candidate for this 2024 general election thread.

Last edited:
    I believe Trump's actions throughout his life more than his words, as I do with every person. Trump never shuts up, always talks over other people, and always demands to be heard. Trump doesn't ever want any microphone that he knows about to be muted, never ever never. You can keep trying to read Trump's mind all you want, just be careful you don't get lost in that melting maze. I'm sticking with relying on Trump's entire lifetime of behavior, because actions speak louder than words.
    You claim to be informed because Trump said he wants the microphones live, so you're believing his words, not his actions. Regardless of what you think of Trump and his advisors, they are not stupid people. They know the muted mics helped him against Biden, and I don't have to read their minds to know that. He will undoubtably try to distract Kamala, but she has to be able to tune it out, and it will allow us to hear her. If the mics are live, the debate will deteriorate into something worthless, and that doesn't serve the country. I think a combination of muted and open exchange might work well to allow for an Oxford-style of debate, but there has to be an ability to mute the mics to assure an intelligible debate, because Trump won't follow the rules.

Well, this seems like a great idea
    ========================

Donald Trump is vowing to end the Biden administration’s wide-reaching efforts to curb abusive policing, promising if he returns to the White House to rein in federal oversight of local law enforcement and empower officers to aggressively “clean up” American cities.

Among the changes Trump has promoted: allowing the use of stop-and-frisk to interrogate suspects, rescinding a Biden administration ban on the transfer of military equipment to local police departments, deputizing local officers to enforce immigration laws, and deploying the National Guard to fight crime.

“The Democrat party has a war on with police,” Trump said at a campaign rally last month in Charlotte. “We will give our police back their power, protection, respect that they deserve.”

On the campaign trail and in meetings with supporters, Trump has signaled his intent to curb federal monitoring of local police and to withhold funds from departments unwilling to employ more confrontational tactics, according to people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations………

Trump has garnered support from many police groups, in part by promising to strengthen qualified immunity to shield officers from civil liability for their actions.

“We’re going to indemnify our police so when they do the job they won’t lose their pension, their family, their life,” he said at a May fundraiser in Texas, according to donors who were there.

He has detailed plans on his campaign website to direct the Justice Department’s civil rights division to investigate “radical, Marxist” state prosecutors whom Republicans accuse of failing to bring nonviolent drug cases or other low-level charges that have disproportionately been prosecuted against racial minorities……

Wow, so on the one hand he says he will curb monitoring, while contradicting it by saying he will withhold funds if they don't get rough! How will he know if they haven't started roughing people up unless he monitors the police?

This is part of Hitler's playbook.

Well, this seems like a great idea
    ========================

Donald Trump is vowing to end the Biden administration’s wide-reaching efforts to curb abusive policing, promising if he returns to the White House to rein in federal oversight of local law enforcement and empower officers to aggressively “clean up” American cities.

Among the changes Trump has promoted: allowing the use of stop-and-frisk to interrogate suspects, rescinding a Biden administration ban on the transfer of military equipment to local police departments, deputizing local officers to enforce immigration laws, and deploying the National Guard to fight crime.

“The Democrat party has a war on with police,” Trump said at a campaign rally last month in Charlotte. “We will give our police back their power, protection, respect that they deserve.”

On the campaign trail and in meetings with supporters, Trump has signaled his intent to curb federal monitoring of local police and to withhold funds from departments unwilling to employ more confrontational tactics, according to people who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations………

Trump has garnered support from many police groups, in part by promising to strengthen qualified immunity to shield officers from civil liability for their actions.

“We’re going to indemnify our police so when they do the job they won’t lose their pension, their family, their life,” he said at a May fundraiser in Texas, according to donors who were there.

He has detailed plans on his campaign website to direct the Justice Department’s civil rights division to investigate “radical, Marxist” state prosecutors whom Republicans accuse of failing to bring nonviolent drug cases or other low-level charges that have disproportionately been prosecuted against racial minorities……

I'm sure this policy with help him with the demographic of black men. Nothing they appreciate more than unaccountable police. /s

I find some of the political strategy interesting.

Harris is positioning herself as the change candidate, somewhat, which is interesting b/c she's part of the current administration. But she's banking on how unlikeable Trump is, and she is still a fresh face. And although she's 60, she is just clearly younger, more coherent and put together than Trump or Biden. To that end, giving detailed policy speeches or long interviews with the media doesn't help her much. The less she can be nailed down to certain positions, the more people can project on her what they want... and not alienate people who might not like certain policies she may endorse.

This is not a bad strategy b/c Trump himself is notoriously light on policy. There was the Project 2025 policy, which is probably something of a template that Trump's administration will try to push through, but it's enormoulsy unpopular and Trump is trying to run away from it. SFL tried to post policies, but all that was, was a list of things he'd like to see happen without actual policies on how to make that happen. So, this race doesn't really come down to a policy/wonkish choice.

We generally know what they'll do though. Trump will push for more tax cuts, specifically skewed to the wealthy, less regulation (including environmental protections), probably less support for Ukraine, probably less pushback on authoritarian regimes and less emphasis on multilateral alliances, attempted mass deportations. Harris will push for tax hikes on wealthy and corporations, not sure on her emphasis on climate change, but will probably keep what is in place now. She'll probably continue the Democrats shift away from a friendly immigration policy to something more like what they had 15 years ago.

Something along those lines.

She's also shifted from making Trump seem threatening, and more pointing out how ridiculous he is. It definitely annoys him more, and probably erodes some of the support he gets from people who want a tough guy president. It's hard to imagine that when you laugh at him and then point out how he just whines like a hormonal teenager.

Harris is positioning herself as the change candidate, somewhat, which is interesting b/c she's part of the current administration. But she's banking on how unlikeable Trump is, and she is still a fresh face. And although she's 60, she is just clearly younger, more coherent and put together than Trump or Biden. To that end, giving detailed policy speeches or long interviews with the media doesn't help her much. The less she can be nailed down to certain positions, the more people can project on her what they want... and not alienate people who might not like certain policies she may endorse.

This is not a bad strategy b/c Trump himself is notoriously light on policy. There was the Project 2025 policy, which is probably something of a template that Trump's administration will try to push through, but it's enormoulsy unpopular and Trump is trying to run away from it. SFL tried to post policies, but all that was, was a list of things he'd like to see happen without actual policies on how to make that happen. So, this race doesn't really come down to a policy/wonkish choice.

We generally know what they'll do though. Trump will push for more tax cuts, specifically skewed to the wealthy, less regulation (including environmental protections), probably less support for Ukraine, probably less pushback on authoritarian regimes and less emphasis on multilateral alliances, attempted mass deportations. Harris will push for tax hikes on wealthy and corporations, not sure on her emphasis on climate change, but will probably keep what is in place now. She'll probably continue the Democrats shift away from a friendly immigration policy to something more like what they had 15 years ago.

She's also shifted from making Trump seem threatening, and more pointing out how ridiculous he is. It definitely annoys him more, and probably erodes some of the support he gets from people who want a tough guy president. It's hard to imagine that when you laugh at him and then point out how he just whines like a hormonal teenager.
    This is the 3rd election in a row with Trump. People are burnt out on him. Harris is a new competitor and it was obvious no one wanted to see Biden vs Trump and didn’t like the choice options.

This is very astute post. What is irritating me lately is the drum-beat in the media for Harris to reveal her policies, which I believe she should and will, but they don't point out that Trump doesn't reveal his policies either, and don't brow-beat him to reveal his policies. He doesn't reveal anything when he is interviewed, and the closest thing to a policy is Project 2025, which he disavows, but in Trump opposite world that is an endorsement.

This is the 3rd election in a row with Trump. People are burnt out on him. Harris is a new competitor and it was obvious no one wanted to see Biden vs Trump and didn’t like the choice options.
    Also, Biden has been around for about 4 decades, first as a senator, then a VP, and then president, while Harris has only been on the national scene for about a decade.

This is very astute post. What is irritating me lately is the drum-beat in the media for Harris to reveal her policies, which I believe she should and will, but they don't point out that Trump doesn't reveal his policies either, and don't brow-beat him to reveal his policies. He doesn't reveal anything when he is interviewed, and the closest thing to a policy is Project 2025, which he disavows, but in Trump opposite world that is an endorsement.

And yet when you confront a MAGA supporter, its all " yes he does"

nope. Outside of him sayin "drill baby drill" and " ill lower taxes" thats all you get. Well how is that going to help exactly? Whose taxes getting cut?

nope. Outside of him sayin "drill baby drill" and " ill lower taxes" thats all you get. Well how is that going to help exactly? Whose taxes getting cut?
    Don’t forget he is going to give us the best health care ever for everyone and not a peep about how or what this will look like. Mind you, he was saying that his first term and never did a thing.

Here's the thing. Democrats will hold Kamala accountable. We want her to publish her platform.

Earlier this morning I went to her website. No link or tab for her platform. She needs that, at a minimum.

I go to Trump's. He has a platform.

Both hit you up for money, first. Ha.

If Kamala were running against any Republican but Trump, I think she loses. Harris is pretty far left. Let's not forget she did not "earn" the democratic nomination. In fact, I submit that there would an almost zero chance Kamala Harris is the nominee of the Democratic Party if Biden did not seek re-election and the regular process plays out with primary voting. Her best appeal, in my opinion, is that she's not DJT.

I'm just here hoping and praying that somehow Harris wins convincingly, and it could mean Trump goes away.

Service workers for sure as he stated and now Harris is also jumping on that bandwagon. American workers are also expected a tax cut according to his Agenda 47.

His platform is listed on his website. I can provide a link. Has Kamala put her policies out there yet, besides the ones she stole from Trump?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom