/* */

General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Which would be a conflict of interest for him to evaluate polls and comment on polling would it not?

Only if he had a vested interest in one outcome?

I mean to put in a football persepective.

I never heard anyone say Pat Mcafee is compromised from a Draft Kings sponorship.

You have yet to connect those dots.

This criticism would make sense to me if it became public knowledge Nate had a 10 million dollar Harris for president prop bet.

Only if he had a vested interest in one outcome?
    I posited that a replacement of one candidate would potentially drum up interest and the volume of betting. Why is that alone not enough to say he’s got a conflict of interest in campaigning for Biden to step aside?

I posited that a replacement of one candidate would potentially drum up interest and the volume of betting. Why is that alone not enough to say he’s got a conflict of interest in campaigning for Biden to step aside?

This is assuming Nate gets paid for new users/volume thresholds, also those numbers are a big enough motivation to compromise his analysis of the race. That's a lot if's. Again, we do not hold sports pundits to this level of scrutinity. In fact, they are public about betting on games, and even sharing thier bets.

I think this is an extremely unfair take that isn't consistent across media.

P.S. Is't it far more likely Nate is a more analytical, and data driven. He is basing his opinion on that? That's why his opinion aligns with donors, and party big wigs who are looking at the same data?

This is assuming Nate gets paid for new users/volume thresholds, also those numbers are a big enough motivation to compromise his analysis of the race. That's a lot if's. Again, we do not hold sports pundits to this level of scrutinity. In fact, they are public about betting on games, and even sharing thier bets.

I think this is an extremely unfair take that isn't consistent across media.
    Do sports pundits get that kind of money from the gambling sites? It’s worth knowing Nate has these conflicts so you can evaluate how much weight to give his opinions. Over half a million is a huge amount he is getting from one betting site.

I would suggest she avoid Josh Shapiro. He's a lighting rod.

One, he's also been a State attorney general, together they would be dubbed as being the twin cops or some such rot.

On some liberal stuff he's outstanding, but there's a moneyed interest trend which appears when money and corporations are involved. For instance he wants to cut the state corporate tax rate a lot. Doesn't mention changing the other tax rates.

Supports charter schools.

Two, He's a Conservative Jew who strongly supports Israel to the hilt, and it's latest war in Gaza. That's the lightning rod part.

He might get Harris his states votes, but cause her to lose Michigan, as well as some other states over his strong anti-palestinian views. He condemned the Palestinian protests.

Do you remember VP candidate Joe Lieberman who's presidential ticket lost to GWB 24 years ago? He reminds me of Lieberman a lot.

Last edited:
    Do sports pundits get that kind of money from the gambling sites? It’s worth knowing Nate has these conflicts so you can evaluate how much weight to give his opinions. Over half a million is a huge amount he is getting from one betting site.

McAfee's Fanduel deal was over 100 million.

I think Nate simply saw no conflict of interest. This exact model exist in sports.

McAfee's Fanduel deal was over 100 million.

I think Nate simply saw no conflict of interest. This exact model exist in sports.
    Okay. Nate Silver is a full time employee of the site from what I understand. He’s not being sponsored. I’m still going to be skeptical of what he says, though. Partly because of his work, and partly because he’s been wrong lately.

Okay. Nate Silver is a full time employee of the site from what I understand. He’s not being sponsored. I’m still going to be skeptical of what he says, though. Partly because of his work, and partly because he’s been wrong lately.

I mean he just joined as well. He is also simply an advisor. This is an extremely flimsy motive to disregard an opinion you disagree with.

This is an extremely flimsy motive to disregard an opinion you disagree with.
    J-Donk, what the heck is that.

I disregard an opinion when I disagree with it.

I don't know how one would split them apart, they go hand in hand. One implies the other.

I mean he just joined as well. He is also simply an advisor. This is an extremely flimsy motive to disregard an opinion you disagree with.
    It isn’t the only motive. But it is one data point.

When you take away a woman’s right to choose? After it was decided a half century ago? Yeah.
    Women are turning away from Trump.
    I'm sure it will be a big issue for many people, but imo it's behind the economy/inflation, the border and Ukraine.

I'm sure it will be a big issue for many people, but imo it's behind the economy/inflation, the border and Ukraine.
    for women it is not. just research 2022 midterms. Your God signed his death warrant with the Dobbs decision. Thank you for addressing this subject though. You are seriously underestimating the power of the womens vote. That vote kept Herschel
    Walker from a Senate seat in Georgia in 2022.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom