General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

What do you mean "duped," none of the definitions for duped seem to me to apply to me over this.

My post was about easily observable political narrative. It contained links so that others could easily go there to see it for themselve

The only bit of narrative I recall authoring in the entire post was an attempt to spell the sounds of a motorcycle being kick started by Ted Lieu.

We could talk about that, I would even like some help with this because I'm not very good at "spelling," and "spelling" is after all a form of humor which from my experience, Conservative tend to employ the most often, and are therefore better at it than me.

So are you up for that? Here's what I need help with. "Chugga - cough - varrroom - It's Alive!" I think it needs to cackle and sound a bit more like The Pet Detective when he gets to the "it's alive" part.

Like this, I want my spelling to sound more like this:

Like I said, you were duped and you don't seem to mind that you were duped. The definition fits.

Sounds like they want to turn it into a reality show

“Who wants to be the next President?!”
    ==============================

In the morass in which the Democratic party now finds itself over Joe Biden’s troubled presidential candidacy, a prominent narrative is that the party is confronted by two dire options: an aged and weakened Biden stumbles on to November, or he stands down, igniting an acrimonious and chaotic scramble for his replacement.

Either way, Donald Trump wins.

Over the past few days, however, energy has been building around a third, more optimistic solution. Advocates of this alternative model believe it could reinvigorate Democrats by putting the spotlight on young fresh talent, inspire the country with a powerful articulation of the party’s values and, critically, prevent Trump from returning to the White House bent on unleashing a full-blown attack on American democracy.

The idea is being floated by a loose affiliation of Democratic party stalwarts, including former senior government officials and elected representatives, major donors, and current party officeholders.

They are calling their plan the “blitz primary”– a quick-fire, tightly controlled selection process that would culminate with a younger successor to Biden being nominated at next month’s Democratic national convention.

“The question is: how can we flip this disaster into something remarkable?” said Ted Dintersmith, a venture capitalist and entrepreneur who is a leading proponent of the blitz primary idea. “What would totally shift the national narrative, turning bad options into an opportunity?”

Dintersmith, who in 2012 was appointed by Barack Obama to represent the US at the UN general assembly, estimates that about 70 prominent individuals have participated in the search for an alternative.

Discussions have focused on how to move beyond the crisis in which the Democratic party has been propelled by Biden’s lamentable performance in last month’s presidential debate which has sewn doubt both about the president’s mental acuity and his electability.

The blitz primary is posited on Biden voluntarily stepping down as the party’s nominee and playing an active role in the process. With his involvement, a shortlist of five to eight younger candidates would be identified, drawn from the Biden administration, Democratic state governors and other rising stars of the party.

Names mentioned include Vice-President Kamala Harris; Governors Gretchen Whitmer of Michigan, Gavin Newsom of California, and Andy Beshear of Kentucky; the US senator from Georgia, Raphael Warnock; and Biden cabinet members such as the Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo and the Transportation Secretary, Pete Buttigieg.

A controversial aspect of the blitz primary model is that Harris would be required to compete on equal terms – there would be no anointing her as Biden’s heir. Allan Katz, the former US ambassador to Portugal under Obama who has helped frame the blueprint, said that if she emerged as the nominee she would do so “as a much stronger, much better candidate than if the nomination was just handed to her”.

The younger generation of leaders would be introduced to the nation through a series of televised town halls running up to the convention in Chicago on 19 August. Moderators would be selected for their dynamic ability to attract large primetime audiences especially of younger voters, snatching back the media limelight from Trump.

Oprah Winfrey, Michelle Obama, the historian Doris Kearns Goodwin, and even Taylor Swift have been floated as fantasy interlocutors.…….

Wow, did that all come from the Guardian? I guess so.

I'll fill that hole in. Mountain hellbilly folk have no trouble filling in holes. It's what we do. we're happy when were filling in holes.

To begin there is nothing there but narrative. Narrative is just someone talking out loud on the Internet. Some sot decided to have a bowel movement, that's fairly apt description for this situation.

Someone from another country had a movement. Probably couldn't help it.

The issue I have with that is it doesn't describe the USA. What it might describe is some mother's basement apartment where her 45 year son resides. never going outside for some exercise. fat as blubber probably.

That's what I think that fellers problem is, realy, that's what I think. He / she should get outside and exercise. What that feller said is moot in the USA.

I don't know that fellers desired pronouns that's why you saw me use all those "they." No problem there, I'm happy to do that.

I wonder if they have ever visited here in the USA? Know anything about us. hardly anything about us.

Doesn't matter though because they will not in all likelihood will ever attract my attention again. I bet I will go through my entire life and never hear from them again.

Optimus Prime please don't take this wrong. This offering doesn't please me, but so many of your offerings do please me. Keep up the outstanding work. It is good work even if I scorn it a wee little bit, some times.

This time I was grumpy in the morning. Were having a heat wave I don't quite know how to deal with. It pleased me that you provided something I could hiss at. You did a good job.

All that criticism was directed at them. Them who don't know us at all.

Like I said, you were duped and you don't seem to mind that you were duped. The definition fits.

"Like you said" means you're farting gaslight in my direction, that's what that means.

My suggestion is you can't help that, but why don't you light them afire first ? That's what most civilized folk would do.

It's actually fun to do. Try it.

Here are the video instructions about how to do that.

If the Ferguson's can do it you can do it too.

Here John Candy is having some troubles. Can you help him?

If I tried to help then I would become too impatient, and that would be too abrupt. It would be better if I didn't have a gun.

But you don't have a gun, if you helped them it would all be OK.

Washington (CNN) — Organizers for at least one Chicago fundraiser scheduled during the Democratic National Convention have decided to not to proceed with the mid-August event, a source with knowledge of the discussions told CNN.

In the immediate wake of President Joe Biden’s debate performance, organizers paused conversations on planning the fundraiser until after the July 4 holiday to allow the dust to settle. This week, the host committee decided not to proceed with the event, citing a disagreement over how to proceed given the continued erosion of support for Biden’s candidacy.

The event, designed as a lunch for a few dozen wealthy Windy City denizens, is just one of many events planned in conjunction with the party’s convention, when the campaign was expecting to tap into high-dollar supporters’ enthusiasm and wallets for the home stretch of the race……

I read the text of this post but I didn't click the video....because the nonsensical B.S. in Trump's words displayed above is enough to remind me that #1) I hate the sound of his voice 2) I don't believe that Trump respects women and anything he says about "beautiful inside" is his attempt to hide his "real" thoughts.
    Meanwhile back at the ranch, the previously always-faithful-to-Biden NBC Network ran this....(Yahoo reposted this NBC NEWS offering)

I read the text of this post but I didn't click the video....because the nonsensical B.S. in Trump's words displayed above is enough to remind me that #1) I hate the sound of his voice 2) I don't believe that Trump respects women and anything he says about "beautiful inside" is his attempt to hide his "real" thoughts.
    ya, his voice sucks and we know he does not respect them and has called them many names while president. I know he has insulted Chris Christy so it's just rabling from a demented mind.

Meanwhile back at the ranch, the previously always-faithful-to-Biden NBC Network ran this....(Yahoo reposted this NBC NEWS offering)
    The key quote that focuses on the regular Democratic voters...(NON elite) is this:
    "People are very frustrated that the President appears defensive and in denial. He's like the grandpa who refuses to give up the car keys, even though it's not safe for him to drive anymore."

The key quote that focuses on the regular Democratic voters...(NON elite) is this:
    "People are very frustrated that the President appears defensive and in denial. He's like the grandpa who refuses to give up the car keys, even though it's not safe for him to drive anymore."
    ............or this.... I don't respond to many things either. Many. I admit that.
    Yet you two often will quote me and here you chose not to.

I read the text of this post..
    You're one thirsty little dude, Stevie. You tagged me in another thread about not replying to your post in this thread? No wonder I didn't remember seeing your post it that other thread.

Thirsty, thirsty, thirsty little devil.

Like I said in that other thread, fret not, I'll respond to what you post whenever it's worth responding too.

Don't stay thirsty, my friend. It's kind of creepy.

1720701430768.png

Uhmm, Steve, who do you think you're talking to?

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom