General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

You really want Biden to step aside badly, don’t you? You can admit it.

SFL can't help himself, but overall Republicans have been quiet on this issue. They don't want him to drop out. Why would you want a guy to drop out that you are currently beating?

Also, does this notion that CNN is trying to draw in more conservative viewers mean that you believe CNN is either trying to help Trump or hurt Biden, or do you just believe CNN is being dishonest?
    Okay quit trying to make a conspiracy out of thin air. It’s none of the above. CNN has new leadership who has publicly said they want to change the perception of CNN as too liberal. This just isn’t in dispute.

CNN brass also decreed that they would do no fact checking of Trump in real time during the debate. Who can say why they made that decision, but we see the outcome.

CNN is also really dwelling on Biden since the debate, and nearly ignoring Trump. And before you say well, Trump hasn’t done anything, that is not entirely true. He has been posting unhinged rants every day on his discount Twitter and has called in to shows. He’s come out and claimed he knew nothing about his very own Project 2025, and that some of the items were horrible but he wishes whoever is doing it good luck. This is complete brain malfunction. He should be subject to withering ridicule from every media outfit over that alone. Can you imagine if Biden claimed he had no knowledge of an important DNC policy paper that was written by Cabinet members? But instead we get a NYT columnist saying it isn’t fair to say that Trump is in favor of Project 2025.

SFL can't help himself, but overall Republicans have been quiet on this issue. They don't want him to drop out. Why would you want a guy to drop out that you are currently beating?
    I don’t exactly agree here. GOP Twitter is full of Biden references. And I took Trump’s brag that “I got him out” as an indication he thinks it’s a good thing, that he wants Biden out. And Don Jr. is on some show today saying Biden will be dropping out. I think MAGA would love to see Biden drop out, if for no other reason than it would be a huge amount of chaos and only lead to more infighting, IMO anyway.

You are correct about the right not wanting Biden to drop out.

I definitely want Biden to stay in especially after everyone realized his mental state after he had the worse debate performance in history. Anyone would want to run against a candidate like Biden.

Honestly I'm loving seeing the Democrats in this horrible situation and there aren't any good options to get out of it. I would call it karma.

You are correct about the right not wanting Biden to drop out.

I definitely want Biden to stay in especially after everyone realized his mental state after he had the worse debate performance in history. Anyone would want to run against a candidate like Biden.

Honestly I'm loving seeing the Democrats in this horrible situation and there aren't any good options to get out of it. I would call it karma.
    Why do you continue to advocate for him dropping out then? You make no sense.

Ted Lieu brought it up again, and it took off on Twitter.

First the Ted Lieu kick start. Chugga - cough - varrroom - It's Alive!.

It's currently trending as $TrumpPedoFiles

And as $TrumpandEpstein

(I'm having fits using my hashtag key, so I used the Dollar sign instead.)

Ted Lieu brought it up again, and it took off on Twitter.

First the Ted Lieu kick start. Chugga - cough - varrroom - It's Alive!.

It's currently trending as $TrumpPedoFiles

And as $TrumpandEpstein

(I'm having fits using my hashtag key, so I used the Dollar sign instead.)

You've been duped.

Investigative journalist who wrote a book on Epstein and she doesn't like Trump:

Those sitters...
    You haven't shown anymore credible, definitive evidence that these "sitters" exist? At this point you're talking about "sitters" like people talk about bigfoot.

What credible, definitive proof that enough of these "sitters" exists to overcome the surge in women voters that's been happening and increasing since Dobbs overturne Roe in 2022.

I'll give you mine. The polls said the ballot measure in Kansas to protect abortion rights in the state constitution would fail. It was passed by over 60% of the voters with record voting turnout. The same thing happened in Ohio except was passed with 56% of the vote. Walker losing in GA had a lot to do with a increase in woman voters showing up to vote for Warnock. There are other examples of that actually happening. It's not theoretical. It's happened and happening in the actual elections.

Show me an election since Dobbs overturned Roe in 2022 where a group of "sitters" decided on their own the outcome of an election.

Last edited:
    You've been duped.

Investigative journalist who wrote a book on Epstein and she doesn't like Trump:

What do you mean "duped," none of the definitions for duped seem to me to apply to me over this.

My post was about easily observable political narrative. It contained links so that others could easily go there to see it for themselve

The only bit of narrative I recall authoring in the entire post was an attempt to spell the sounds of a motorcycle being kick started by Ted Lieu.

We could talk about that, I would even like some help with this because I'm not very good at "spelling," and "spelling" is after all a form of humor which from my experience, Conservative tend to employ the most often, and are therefore better at it than me.

So are you up for that? Here's what I need help with. "Chugga - cough - varrroom - It's Alive!" I think it needs to cackle and sound a bit more like The Pet Detective when he gets to the "it's alive" part.

Like this, I want my spelling to sound more like this:

You've been duped.

Actually, I think you are duped, but you’re a willing participant in it, so there’s at least a chance you know or suspect and just don’t care. 🤷‍♀️

The girl who is in the affidavit that I read about only recanted the part where she said she had videotapes of several men with young girls. That’s the only part she recanted. She never said she had a tape of Trump, and she never recanted her testimony about him. This is going from memory but you don’t easily forget her testimony about Trump once you have read it.

Prosecutors failed to file charges because it was politically expedient for them to do so, it’s funny how you are suspicious of prosecutors and think they’re all dirty when they are prosecuting Trump or insurrectionists, but now these guys are A-OK and couldn’t possibly have failed to indict these men because of political considerations?

Also, are you going to sit there and say that Trump was unaware of the girls that Epstein was trafficking? I don’t think even you would try to say that. So he knew about it, was still great friends with the guy, and appears on his call logs many, many times. He was very proud of his playboy status in those days as well. Epstein was very good about involving everyone in his orbit in those “massages” by underage girls. According to what you posted, Trump didn’t break off his friendship with Epstein until after Epstein was arrested, thanks for that, that’s news to me.

So you are still going to maintain that Trump never did anything with these girls? That’s a huge stretch, IMO, especially when you consider that Trump is immoral, sexually promiscuous, and had a history of walking in on underage girls changing at his beauty pageant and bragging about it. You sure you want to die on this hill?

Is this the same poll that was brought up somewhere before? I tried searching for the poll, but there are many mentions of polls, lol.

We talked about this in the debate thread. I think it's just name recognition.

Also, you people need to be consistent. Polls matter, or they don't?

Biden is still down, and down in every swing state. The definition of a swing state is starting to include places like Virginia.

Last edited:
    We talked about this in the debate thread. I think it's just name recognition.

Also, you people need to be consistent. Polls matter, or they don't?

Biden is still down, and down in every swing state. The definition is swing state is starting to include places like Virginia.
    I don’t think polls matter so much but the trend is interesting.

I don’t think the polls are as bad as you think they are. I just saw an aggregate tonight that has Trump and Biden pretty much tied nationally, and Biden up in MI and WI, IIRC. I posted it somewhere in here earlier today.

I also saw a post from Trump’s discount Twitter where he was pitching a fit because Fox had some Dem internal polling (supposedly leaked to them) and he only wants them to ever talk about Rasmussen, lol. So I assume he didn’t like what those polls said.

I don’t think polls matter so much but the trend is interesting.

I don’t think the polls are as bad as you think they are. I just saw an aggregate tonight that has Trump and Biden pretty much tied nationally, and Biden up in MI and WI, IIRC. I posted it somewhere in here earlier today.

I also saw a post from Trump’s discount Twitter where he was pitching a fit because Fox had some Dem internal polling (supposedly leaked to them) and he only wants them to ever talk about Rasmussen, lol. So I assume he didn’t like what those polls said.

You are cherry picking polls now. You are using Bloomberg instead of Emerson to say Biden is up in WI, and MI, but then you just used Emerson to say the other candidates don't poll as well as Biden.

The only poll that showed Biden up in a Swing state is Bloomberg, and it's not considered that accurate.

I could have linked the usatoday poll today that showed Harris>Biden. I didn't because the poll is generally considered bunk.

Find one aggregate and stick to it. Stop trying to swap around, and find data that fits your convictions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom