General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

If he's not backing out and he wants to win in November, Biden needs to get out and talk to everyone that will listen - LIVE. Prove you are capable and competent. Don't hide behind tape delays and edits. Show yourself often. It's the only way.....and I'm not sure that will be enough. Republicans will hammer the brain freeze relentlessly in commercials once the election nears.
    He was live yesterday several times at the WH. CNN didn’t carry it domestically. It was live on social media.

Either Trump is just completely lying about knowing nothing about Project 2025, or he is too stupid or disinterested to have any knowledge of what his people are cooking up. Either option should be disqualifying.

This, so much this:

This person is exactly right. If Trump and his people knew or believed they were actually ahead in the polls they wouldn't:
    • Try to panic and trick the Democratic party into replacing Biden which would be like the Democratic party shooting itself in the heart
    • Try to distance themselves from Project 2025
    They might be successful with the first, but there are too many video clips of everyone around Trump saying that Project 2025 is Trump's project and he will do it. There's also lots of video clips of Trump saying he will do almost every single thing in Project 2025.

My only complaint about that tweet is that nothing about Trump and Republicans should ever be equated with anything Jedi, they are a Sith's Sith through and through.

Last edited:

I told someone this today. I'm swapping jobs, and background checks today are insane. I'm honestly thinking about starting my own "consulting firm" LLC just incase I ever get laid off. God forbid I ever have more than 3 months of an employment gap. I can't imagine how prejudicial job searches are for felons.

This is a parody account. But a salient point.

These types of responses miss the bigger much more obvious point.

Trump is stating directly that something he knows absolutely nothing about is ridiculous and abysmal. How can he say that? And, if they are ridiculous and abysmal, why is he wishing them luck?

These types of responses miss the bigger much more obvious point.

Trump is stating directly that something he knows absolutely nothing about is ridiculous and abysmal. How can he say that? And, if they are ridiculous and abysmal, why is he wishing them luck?
    Yeah I noticed that too. He also sent well wishes to Ghislaine Maxwell when she went on trial. Kind of jarring. He’s just a mess.

Ladies and gentlemen...I give you, the party who wants to get rid of the Dept. of Education.

1720310933768.png

For Joe Biden and Donald Trump, the road to the White House runs through battleground states clustered along the Great Lakes, and in the fast-growing “sun belt” of the south.

But if the election turns out to be extremely close, the two candidates’ fortunes may hinge on a few hundred thousand voters clustered in a single congressional district in the middle of the country.

This lesser-known front can be found in Nebraska, one of only two states in the country, along with Maine, that allocate a portion of their electoral votes by congressional district, rather than giving all of them to the winner of the state.

In 2020, Biden became the first Democrat in 12 years to win Nebraska’s second congressional district, which encompasses the largest city, Omaha, and its suburbs.

The pressure to win a majority of its voters is expected to be even higher this year, as Biden looks to fend off a resurgent Trump while reassuring Democrats that he can still do the job after his troubling performance in their first debate.

While much of the candidates’ attention is focused on the seven swing states expected to decide the election (Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, Nevada, Arizona, North Carolina and Georgia) the Biden campaign also counts winning the Nebraska district as among its priorities – so much so that some Trump allies are encouraging the state’s Republican lawmakers to change their rules to ensure the former president wins the entirety of its electoral votes.

“I think the district is probably going to get more attention this time than it did even in 2020,” said Ryan Horn, a Republican media strategist who splits his time between Omaha and Washington DC.

Though Biden won its vote in 2020, the district was then not essential to his victory, since he also triumphed in all the battleground states that Trump had won four years earlier, albeit narrowly.

But polls indicate the Democrat’s standing with voters has weakened since then, and it is not difficult to imagine a scenario in which the race does come down to the urbanized and relatively diverse district spread across three counties on Nebraska’s eastern flank.

If Trump wins Arizona, Georgia and Nevada and a Republican-leaning district in Maine, but Biden wins the three traditionally Democratic Great Lakes states and Nebraska’s congressional district, that would give the president the 270 votes he needs to clinch re-election.

But if the Nebraska district flips to Trump, that would tie the candidates with 269 electoral votes each, and the House of Representatives would determine the election’s outcome.

Each state’s delegation would get one vote, and Republicans would have the advantage: the GOP controls 26 delegations and Democrats 22, while two are tied.…….

…..Citing theTrump vs US ruling, Cohen told The Daily Beast that the former president could now wield his power in whatever way he wants if he takes back the White House this November.

“He’ll run the country like a king, like a supreme leader, like a monarch, like a dictator, like the Führer,” Cohen said, invoking the German word strongly associated with Nazi leader Adolf Hitler.

“If re-elected in November, in light of the Supreme Court ruling, his worst impulses will be magnified a hundredfold.”

“The depth of Donald’s actions will not be merely isolated to critics, political enemies and the like,” he added, offering the example of “uber-wealthy” individuals like Elon Musk-types seeing “consequences”.

“Donald cares for no one or anything other than the almighty dollar,” Cohen said, warning: “No one will be safe.”

Cohen went on to claim that Trump plans to dismantle parts of the government to consolidate power to the executive branch in which he now has immunity from criminal prosecution.

“Members of the Supreme Court and federal judges will similarly become neutered as Donald fulfills his promise to dismantle our tripartite system of government, stripping the legislative and judicial branches of their coequal power and conferring all power to the executive branch; meaning himself,” Cohen said.……..

Status
    Not open for further replies.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom