General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Could have gone in a few threads
    =======================

Nearly three in five Americans wrongly believe the US is in an economic recession, and the majority blame the Biden administration, according to a Harris poll conducted exclusively for the Guardian. The survey found persistent pessimism about the economy as election day draws closer.

The poll highlighted many misconceptions people have about the economy, including:

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
    • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
    • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

Many Americans put the blame on Biden for the state of the economy, with 58% of those polled saying the economy is worsening due to mismanagement from the presidential administration.

The poll underscored people’s complicated emotions around inflation. The vast majority of respondents, 72%, indicated they think inflation is increasing. In reality, the rate of inflation has fallen sharply from its post-Covid peak of 9.1% and has been fluctuating between 3% and 4% a year.

In April, the inflation rate went down from 3.5% to 3.4% – far from inflation’s 40-year peak of 9.1% in June 2022 – triggering a stock market rally that pushed the Dow Jones index to a record high.…..

LANSING, Mich. (AP) — Facing a room of Arab American activists from across the country angry at President Joe Biden’s response to the Israel-Hamas war, a well-known adviser to Donald Trump was asked this week what the former president would have done differently had he been in office.

Richard Grenell, Trump’s former ambassador to Germany, repeatedly pointed to Trump’s governing record and said that other countries’ fear of him decreased global conflict. But two people in the room said Grenell didn’t provide the specific policy changes they were hoping to hear, which left at least one leader dissatisfied and unswayed.

The nearly two-hour meeting marked the beginning of increased outreach by Trump allies in swing state Michigan, where key parts of Biden’s coalition are angry with him over Israel’s offensive following Hamas’ Oct. 7 attack.

But any apparent political opportunity for Trump may be limited by criticism from many Arab Americans about the former president’s ban on immigration from several majority Muslim countries and remarks they felt were insulting.

“We appreciate the outreach,” said Khaled Saffuri, an Arab American political activist who was in attendance Tuesday night. “But it won’t be easy to convince the community to switch from Biden to Trump, because even though we are angry with Biden, many still have a bad taste in their mouth from the four years of Trump.”…….

Could have gone in a few threads
    =======================

Nearly three in five Americans wrongly believe the US is in an economic recession, and the majority blame the Biden administration, according to a Harris poll conducted exclusively for the Guardian. The survey found persistent pessimism about the economy as election day draws closer.

The poll highlighted many misconceptions people have about the economy, including:

• 55% believe the economy is shrinking, and 56% think the US is experiencing a recession, though the broadest measure of the economy, gross domestic product (GDP), has been growing.
    • 49% believe the S&P 500 stock market index is down for the year, though the index went up about 24% in 2023 and is up more than 12% this year.
    • 49% believe that unemployment is at a 50-year high, though the unemployment rate has been under 4%, a near 50-year low.

Many Americans put the blame on Biden for the state of the economy, with 58% of those polled saying the economy is worsening due to mismanagement from the presidential administration.

The poll underscored people’s complicated emotions around inflation. The vast majority of respondents, 72%, indicated they think inflation is increasing. In reality, the rate of inflation has fallen sharply from its post-Covid peak of 9.1% and has been fluctuating between 3% and 4% a year.

In April, the inflation rate went down from 3.5% to 3.4% – far from inflation’s 40-year peak of 9.1% in June 2022 – triggering a stock market rally that pushed the Dow Jones index to a record high.…..

People in this country are very dumb and lack basic reasoning skills. It's no wonder the social structure in this country is falling apart.
    Did you see the clip where he discusses how hot he was/is, and how he’s not sure if he’s hotter now than back then? 🤮

Let's ask Stormy.

Last edited:
    Sigh. I fear that the Orange One will win. We win be the laughing stock of the world and there would be a real chance of the country falling apart.

You think Biden should be impeached over giving aid to Israel?

We were still fighting in Afghanistan, Iraq, and Syria when Trump left office.

300k civilians died because of the Iraq war.

Here you go again, holding Democrats to some standard that doesn't exist for Republicans.

You can't utter a single criticism of Dear Leader.
    No I don't think he should be impeached. I was highlighting the absurd Democrat position on Trump's impeachment. But if we are going by that Democrat standard then Biden should impeached.

It's obvious that that impeachment was to cover up all the shady things Joe and Hunter were involved in with Ukraine. It's even more interesting with the CIA interfering in Hunter's investigation. We will see exactly what Joe and Hunter were doing in Ukraine when Trump is President again.

What's your point about Iraq, Afghanistan etc? Trump didn't get us into those wars did he? Are you complaining that he didn't get us out of those wars?

I remember the media and the Democrats as well as the military throwing a conniption fit when Trump talked about getting out of Afghanistan. It was similar to the anger at the holdup in funding Ukraine. Interrupting the money stream for the military industrial complex makes people really mad including Democrats.

Reminder: what SFL says in the post above is largely untrue. It’s partisan propaganda meant to excuse Trump’s failings as president.

Also, Trump is completely irresponsible to be talking about a Russian hostage. He gave up that woman Russian spy who infiltrated the NRA and GOP without getting anyone in return. She was put on a plane to Russia so fast it made your head spin.

GOYxMFHXAAAW4GY

Actually a person might be able to get a felony waiver. If they get just one or two non violent felony counts against their name.

Probably not Trump though.

------

Yesterday, 16 years ago Utah Phillips died. He ran for US Senate In Utah once, on the Wobbly ticket. Anyway he has a song for this situation, it's in the medphour, Good Though:

Former president Donald Trump is reportedly considering Arkansas Senator Tom Cotton to be the Republican nominee for vice presidentin this year’s general election, a move that could outrage some Democrats but would bring an experienced, low-drama personality onto the GOP ticket.

According to The New York Times, Mr Trump began discussing Mr Cotton as a vice presidential contender in recent weeks, adding to a mix of candidates that include three other Republicans from the upper chamber: Marco Rubio of Florida, Tim Scott of South Carolina and Ohio’s JD Vance……

But according to the Times, Mr Trump has praised Mr Cotton’s skills as a television guest, as well as his service in Iraq and Afghanistan as a US Army officer.

Mr Cotton also would provide Mr Trump with an opportunity to stoke liberal outrage, as he became an object of scorn among Democrats for a June 2020 op-ed published in the Times in which he argued that Mr Trump should deploy federal troops to put down civil rights protests in the wake of the murder of George Floyd by a group of Minneapolis, Minnesota, police officers.……

...While he’s long lagged Biden in cash on hand, Trump’s fundraising outpaced the president’s by $25 million last month, and included a record-setting $50.5 million haul from an event in Palm Beach, Florida. One adviser to major Democratic Party donors provided a running list that has been shared with funders of nearly two dozen reasons why Biden could lose, ranging from immigration and high inflation to the president’s age, the unpopularity of Vice President Kamala Harris and the presence of third-party candidates like Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

“Donors ask me on an hourly basis about what I think,” the adviser said, calling it “so much easier to show them, so while they read it, I can pour a drink.”

The adviser added, “The list of why we ‘could’ win is so small I don’t even need to keep the list on my phone.”

...While he’s long lagged Biden in cash on hand, Trump’s fundraising outpaced the president’s by $25 million last month, and included a record-setting $50.5 million haul from an event in Palm Beach, Florida. One adviser to major Democratic Party donors provided a running list that has been shared with funders of nearly two dozen reasons why Biden could lose, ranging from immigration and high inflation to the president’s age, the unpopularity of Vice President Kamala Harris and the presence of third-party candidates like Robert F. Kennedy Jr.

“Donors ask me on an hourly basis about what I think,” the adviser said, calling it “so much easier to show them, so while they read it, I can pour a drink.”

The adviser added, “The list of why we ‘could’ win is so small I don’t even need to keep the list on my phone.”

Nobody I know is freaking out. Well, Trump cultists are due to the multiple indictments.

What you going to do?

Celebrate when Biden loses.
    Oh, I have no doubt that you would love it if your false god won. Of course, if he was walking by you while you were on fire he wouldn’t stop to…well, let’s just say, put out the fire.

What you fail to comprehend is that your life not only won’t improve under Trump, it will likely get worse. For instance, if he would succeed in deporting all aliens you will see your food prices skyrocket. But perhaps you could volunteer to do stoop labor in the fields or your children, if you have them could do stoop labor.

I don’t expect you to understand.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom