General Election 2024 Biden vs Trump (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
    Not open for further replies.

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    As we head toward the summer and the National Party Conventions, it might be handy to have a thread focused on the upcoming matchup of current President Biden vs Former President Trump.
    As of April 28,2024 , CNN's poll shows Trump leading. Yet polls are not always accurate and they are constantly changing.
    Feel free to use this thread for all things relating to Biden vs Trump.

Oh, I have no doubt that you would love it if your false god won. Of course, if he was walking by you while you were on fire he wouldn’t stop to…well, let’s just say, put out the fire.

What you fail to comprehend is that your life not only won’t improve under Trump, it will likely get worse. For instance, if he would succeed in deporting all aliens you will see your food prices skyrocket. But perhaps you could volunteer to do stoop labor in the fields or your children, if you have them could do stoop labor.

I don’t expect you to understand.
    they will just blame Bidem when meat and produce prices jump.. if you think "inflation" is bad now, just wait, It'll make what we are dealing with now childs play..

Curious if the same people slamming Burns for such a political partisan commencement speech said the same thing about Butker’s anti Biden, diabolical lies, ‘be a housewife’ speech
    ====================

Documentarian Ken Burns put his “longstanding attempt at neutrality” aside to issue a stern warning about presumed Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump as he spoke at a commencement.

“There is no real choice this November,” Burns told Brandeis University graduates last week.

“The presumptive Republican nominee is the opioid of all opioids, an easy cure for what some believe is the solution to our myriad pains and problems,” he said.

Burns warned students that the United States is at “an existential crossroads” in political and civic lives. Without using direct names, he told students, “The choice could not be clearer.”

His comments quickly spread online and garnered strong rebuke from the MAGA faithful with one labeling his comments “highly inappropriate.”

The documentarian is a known Democratic supporter – though he told students that he had consciously tried to maintain neutrality to preserve the integrity of his documentaries’ messages.

But when it comes to the potential outcome of the November election, Burns felt compelled to tell students that “taking the other route” will lead to a chaotic decline that will “engulf and destroy us”.

“Do not be seduced by easy equalization, there is nothing equal about this equation,” Burns added.……

Curious if the same people slamming Burns for such a political partisan commencement speech said the same thing about Butker’s anti Biden, diabolical lies, ‘be a housewife’ speech
    ====================

Documentarian Ken Burns put his “longstanding attempt at neutrality” aside to issue a stern warning about presumed Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump as he spoke at a commencement.

“There is no real choice this November,” Burns told Brandeis University graduates last week.

“The presumptive Republican nominee is the opioid of all opioids, an easy cure for what some believe is the solution to our myriad pains and problems,” he said.

Burns warned students that the United States is at “an existential crossroads” in political and civic lives. Without using direct names, he told students, “The choice could not be clearer.”

His comments quickly spread online and garnered strong rebuke from the MAGA faithful with one labeling his comments “highly inappropriate.”

The documentarian is a known Democratic supporter – though he told students that he had consciously tried to maintain neutrality to preserve the integrity of his documentaries’ messages.

But when it comes to the potential outcome of the November election, Burns felt compelled to tell students that “taking the other route” will lead to a chaotic decline that will “engulf and destroy us”.

“Do not be seduced by easy equalization, there is nothing equal about this equation,” Burns added.……

Of course they didn’t. They thought that was just fine. They are the best at holding other people to standards they flaunt. Hypocrites of the first order.

It doesn't need to change the opinion of even most of his voters.

He can't afford to lose ANY.

I mean he lost by 7 million votes the last time, I don't see many people who didn't vote for him last time voting for him now.

So the only path is decreasing Biden's turnout and holding his. 10% loss in battleground would be crippling and cost him the election in a landslide again. Which is what 2020 was - a landslide. He got blown out of the water and the only reason people pretend that the election was close is because of the votes counts in some swing states. It wasn't close and it won't be again.

He beat Hillary through low voter turnout. I don't ever seeing people doing that again.

Between this and the all out war declared on women by the right, people are going to vote - and they are going to be washed out

They are running a confirmed rapist, tax cheat, and now convicted election fraudster that was convicted of what Nixon would have been convicted of had he not resigned and been pardoned.

His voters don't matter - there aren't enough of them to win if sane and responsible Americans come out and vote, it is as simple as that.

I mean he lost by 7 million votes the last time, I don't see many people who didn't vote for him last time voting for him now.

So the only path is decreasing Biden's turnout and holding his. 10% loss in battleground would be crippling and cost him the election in a landslide again. Which is what 2020 was - a landslide. He got blown out of the water and the only reason people pretend that the election was close is because of the votes counts in some swing states. It wasn't close and it won't be again.

He beat Hillary through low voter turnout. I don't ever seeing people doing that again.

Between this and the all out war declared on women by the right, people are going to vote - and they are going to be washed out

They are running a confirmed rapist, tax cheat, and now convicted election fraudster that was convicted of what Nixon would have been convicted of had he not resigned and been pardoned.

His voters don't matter - there aren't enough of them to win if sane and responsible Americans come out and vote, it is as simple as that.
    Thank you for your post.

that's what a lot of the right doesn't understand. a simple 3-5% swing is hurts him tremendously..

that's what a lot of the right doesn't understand. a simple 3-5% swing is hurts him tremendously..
    3-5% loss - not even adding them to the Biden column just R's who sit it out or vote for the crazy Kennedy (every family has one) - gives you the same map as 2020 just with more comfortable margins and possibly moves North Carolina into the blue, and making the margin like 9 million.

Adding them to the Biden column? Well, let's just say it would not be a good day for Republicans

Should it change people's votes?

Did it change yours?
    Maybe it should change pro Trump voters, but I doubt it will. Nothing has changed with me. I will not cast a vote for president. I will only vote "down ballot".

Maybe it should change pro Trump voters, but I doubt it will. Nothing has changed with me. I will not cast a vote for president. I will only vote "down ballot".
    You are within your rights to do so.

But, I would ask…what, exactly, has Biden done or not done that you would not cast a vote for him?

You are within your rights to do so.

But, I would ask…what, exactly, has Biden done or not done that you would not cast a vote for him?
    Not interested in rehashing my thoughts that I've expressed numerous times.
    I am going out to enjoy my Saturday.
    NJ is blue skies and 80F. Wishing you a nice weekend as well @bird

It’s early, and we have thought the tide was turning before, but I really think it might be turning this time. Before, Trump hadn’t killed people with his pandemic incompetence and he hadn’t inspired violent insurrection trying to overturn an election he lost. I give you Colin Cowherd, who seemed to support Trump a while ago:

It is possible that Trump's conviction will not change many voters plans as to who they will vote for...
    I think it's entirely possible that in four years one will not be able to find hardly anyone whoever supported Trump across all of America.

It will have been those other guys who did that. Or it won't have ever happened.

Watch this video it's enlightening about this, this actually did happen there in the 1920's.

But by the time I was growing up there in the 1960's, forty years later I never heard anything mentioned about it by my elders, it was not mentioned at school either.

I didn't learn about that which happened there until I was 50 years old.

They didn't tell the kids what they did.

If you believe they should change their votes for the good of the country, then so should you.
    The hypothetical people I believe should change their votes are those who plan to vote for Trump. I...Steve plan to only vote for my state's Senate and House of Reps..so I have no adjustment needed....(and btw I am out enjoying the day. I have a moment to be on this thread while my wife is in a store we just arrived at)

Last edited:
    The hypothetical people I believe should change their votes are those who plan to vote for Trump. I...Steve plan to only vote for my state's Senate and House of Reps..so I have no adjustment needed....(and btw I am out enjoying the day. I have a moment to be on this thread while my wife is in a store we just arrived at)
    Interesting. Again, your right to do so. That being said if you are supporting politicians that support Trump then…your protest lack of vote doesn’t really serve its purpose, does it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom