First presidential debate (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

TBH, I think if there was a good second choice he would.

Emerson came out today with a Trump vs Biden, and vs the field. It's not good for anyone except Trump.

Biden -3
    Harris -6
    Newsom -8
    Whitmer -10

I think this is why MAGA wants Biden out. He’s still the best chance to beat Trump right now.

Biden was +9 at this point in the race in 2020. I do not understand individuals on this board going with the "polls don't matter".
    Polls have deteriorated since 2020, I don’t think that is in any doubt. I think they are skewed towards Rs and have been since 2020, it’s been pretty consistent.

I don't think it's really a messaging problem, I think it's a media problem.
    It's not a messaging or a media problem.

Biden's mental state is the problem.
    First, most Americans are tragically uninformed when it comes to how politics and policies are affecting their lives.
    Why is that?
    Second, half of US media (right wing news) produces purposeful propogande and misinformation peddling for support of the GOP.
    Even if you aren't plugged into those sources of media, it filters into social media where there is a lot of propaganda exposure for the average American.
    Ah it's only the right wing that produces the propaganda huh?

The corporate media that just got caught lying to the public about Biden's condition for 3.5 years doesn't put out propaganda?
    Third, the balance of the media of focused more on horse race and click bait news for profit motive and don't do a serious job of informing voters with accurate and in depth, comprehensive coverage and how government policy is actually effecting their lives. It's also not clear that voters would listen if they did.
    The corporate media serves the establishment, the US security state and the military industrial complex. The Democrats are currently aligned with all of them.

They have convinced the people who consume the corporate media that the reason they don't accurately report on things is because they want a horse race and click bait news for profit.

It's just hard to imagine that people would believe that BS when the corporate media is caught time after time after time lying us into war, lying about US foreign policy, the Hillary concocted Russiagate BS, etc.

It's not a messaging or a media problem.

Biden's mental state is the problem.

Why isn't it a Trump mental state problem?

Why is that?
    Because most don't really care to take the time to understand what's going on. Or they have their heads so full of crap by their chosen social media news informers that they don't know what way is up or which way is down.

Ah it's only the right wing that produces the propaganda huh?

The right wing only produces propaganda news. They'll report legitimate news when it's convenient and lines up with their cause, but even then the purpose is solely to manipulate viewers to support the GOP.

The corporate media that just got caught lying to the public about Biden's condition for 3.5 years doesn't put out propaganda?
    Sure. 🙂

The corporate media serves the establishment, the US security state and the military industrial complex. The Democrats are currently aligned with all of them.

They have convinced the people who consume the corporate media that the reason they don't accurately report on things is because they want a horse race and click bait news for profit.

It's just hard to imagine that people would believe that BS when the corporate media is caught time after time after time lying us into war, lying about US foreign policy, the Hillary concocted Russiagate BS, etc.

And there goes your propaganda talking.

As we got closer to J6, I had a feeling there was going to be violence that day. You know why? I paid attention to the social media chatter leading up to it.
    Oh okay
    Trump, much like a mob boss, has a talent for distancing himself just enough from the dirty work to protect himself from culpability. But make no mistake, what happened was no accident, and Trump is 100% responsible. The whole goal was to prevent the certification of the election results on that particular day - and if he succeeded in that, who knows what could happen then? Maybe ultimately nothing that would have prevented Biden's inauguration, but hey - don't know till you try. And you think this guy won't try to do much worse if put in power a second time?
    Trump is like a mob boss huh? People just know what kind of crimes Trump wants them to comitt without Trump saying anything about it right?

What a convient narrative when you don't have any facts that back up your argument.

If Trump was 100% responsible then he or someone in his Administration must have communicated with the Proud Boys to coordinate the attack on the Capitol right? Oh that never happened.

Your criticisms of the application of law speak more to the inadequacy of our laws and system to deal with the situation we're in. I don't particularly blame the "nonviolent protesters" - they're just cult followers. The cult leader is the one abusing their trust, and people who should know better are either ignorant or afraid of being cast out of the cult.
    It's funny how the left has to refer to Trump supporters as a cult because many of you live in such a bubble that you can't even comprehend why people would support someone like Trump.

We want someone who is going to buck the system in any way possible. The system needs to be cut back to where it serves the interests of the American people and not the elite, the military industrial complex, the weapons manufacturers, the powerful companies, like how it is currently.

I would think one could make the argument that the Democrats are largely more of a cult for continuing to support a corpse for President.

From my previous post:

Are you saying the only reason why Trump didn't get charged with participating in a coup was because the Biden administration didn't direct his DOJ to prosecute him?

For as many times as Democrats repeat over and over that Trump participated in a coup, I've yet to see one credible reason why Trump wasnt charged for it.

Why isn't it a Trump mental state problem?
    Because he didn't look like a corpse at the debate.
    Because most don't really care to take the time to understand what's going on. Or they have their heads so full of crap by their chosen social media news informers that they don't know what way is up or which way is down.
    The answer is the corporate media.
    The right wing only produces propaganda news. They'll report legitimate news when it's convenient and lines up with their cause, but even then the purpose is solely to manipulate viewers to support the GOP.
    Do you think that's something that only happens on the right?
    You couldn't even answer yes or no lol
    And there goes your propaganda talking.
    Do you not feel like the media lied to you about Biden's condition for 3.5 years?

Because he didn't look like a corpse at the debate.

So looking like a rambling, crazy person with no connection to reality and spewing lies left and right is better?

The answer is the corporate media.

No, it's not.

Do you think that's something that only happens on the right?
    Yes, without a doubt.

You couldn't even answer yes or no lol

Do you not feel like the media lied to you about Biden's condition for 3.5 years?

No, they haven't. You don't even know that he has any type of "condition" other than being old. I already knew he was old, they've reported on that a lot.

If Trump was 100% responsible then he or someone in his Administration must have communicated with the Proud Boys to coordinate the attack on the Capitol right? Oh that never happened.
    You say this, without any knowledge of the truth of the matter. As reported by The NY Times. As we know the leaders of the Proud Boys were actually convicted of sedition. There’s evidence they got their marching orders from someone associated with the Trump WH.

‘A member of the far-right nationalist Proud Boys was in communication with a person associated with the White House in the days just before the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol, according to a law enforcement official briefed on the investigation.

Location, cellular and call record data revealed a call tying a Proud Boys member to the Trump White House, the official said. The F.B.I. has not determined what they discussed, and the official would not reveal the names of either party.”

Is this the same “corporate media” that you are quoting right and left these days? lol.

There was no conspiracy to cover anything up. The media maybe feels like they missed a story, but no mainstream media lied to the public about Biden. They’re not Fox, OAN or NewsMax or any of the lesser RWNJ media who lie for Trump every day.

Just because your sources lie to you doesn’t mean every media source lies like they do. They don’t. And you are caught in a propaganda bubble through your own inability to reason things out.

“We stand with President Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris,” the caucus leaders said in a statement. “For the last year and a half, the Biden-Harris Administration partnered with the Congressional Hispanic Caucus’ initiative to take CHC on the Road. Through that initiative we have worked to empower Latino communities across the country.”

So looking like a rambling, crazy person with no connection to reality and spewing lies left and right is better?
    Trump is old, but Biden has obvious cognitive decline like Parkinsons like the doctor talked about on NBC

It's just funny that after Biden's condition is exposed the first thing yall go to is what about Trump.
    No, it's not.
    Why do you trust the corporate media? Do you ever get tired of being lied to by the media?
    Yes, without a doubt.
    I can admit there is a lot of propaganda on the right.

The fact that you can't admit the same about the left wing media says a lot about you.
    No, they haven't. You don't even know that he has any type of "condition" other than being old. I already knew he was old, they've reported on that a lot.
    The jig is up. Everyone saw Biden at the debate.

The more you lie and claim he's just old shows you aren't a credible person.

Trump is old, but Biden has obvious cognitive decline like Parkinsons like the doctor talked about on NBC

It's just funny that after Biden's condition is exposed the first thing yall go to is what about Trump.

Why do you trust the corporate media? Do you ever get tired of being lied to by the media?

The fact that you can't admit the same about the left wing media says a lot about you.

SFL, why do you want Biden out so bad? Simple question. If you think he’s terrible, why do you care so much that he steps aside?

I don't think it's really a messaging problem, I think it's a media problem.

First, most Americans are tragically uninformed when it comes to how politics and policies are affecting their lives. Second, half of US media (right wing news) produces purposeful propogande and misinformation peddling for support of the GOP. Even if you aren't plugged into those sources of media, it filters into social media where there is a lot of propaganda exposure for the average American. Third, the balance of the media of focused more on horse race and click bait news for profit motive and don't do a serious job of informing voters with accurate and in depth, comprehensive coverage and how government policy is actually effecting their lives. It's also not clear that voters would listen if they did.

I agree with all of that but your point about the GOP is why I think about this the way I do. Democrats need to be more effective in countering that propaganda. Not something I think is a strength of the left. We shouldn’t be losing the messaging battle on something like healthcare, for instance, but yet far too many people will still vote against their own best interests on those kinds of quality of life matters.

Trump is an old wack job who is untethered from reality and encourages the same in his devotees and followers.

Yes, that's why I don't watch or listen to right wing news sources and mostly avoid social media news.

At least you can admit that much.

Sure, sure. What you deem credible matters not to me. You have an awful track record on that subject.

Remember when Hillary had Parkinson’s?
    YES! I was just thinking about that tonight. This is just horribly unethical for NBC to have some supposed doctor on and diagnose Biden from video.

I have read several psychiatrists on Twitter who regularly diagnose Trump’s mental disorders, but no main stream legacy broadcast network has showcased them.

NBC really screwed the pooch here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom