First presidential debate (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

YES! I was just thinking about that tonight. This is just horribly unethical for NBC to have some supposed doctor on and diagnose Biden from video.

I have read several psychiatrists on Twitter who regularly diagnose Trump’s mental disorders, but no main stream legacy broadcast network has showcased them.

NBC really screwed the pooch here.
    And all of those doctors who spoke about Trump lead off with the caveat "I can not diagnose anyone based on just observing them or watching videos of them."

None of them said about Trump, "I can diagnose him from across the mall."

But yes, @J-DONK, we're the one's huffing copium, gaslighting ourselves, and acting just like conspiracy mongering Trump supporters.

I read that a pedestrian approached George Stephanopoulos and asked him, "Do you think Biden should step down? You've talked to him more than anybody else has lately." George's response: "I DON'T THINK HE CAN SERVE 4 MORE YEARS."
    (this was apparently caught on tape)
    And if that tape really existed, you think we'd only being hearing rumors about it? I don't.

ETA: There is a recording.

Last edited:
    That’s interesting and not surprising. If that’s true that it was recorded, that will be another devastating hit to Biden. The mountain keeps getting steeper.
    Just wolfing down the bait that has a big old warning sign of "BAIT" sitting right next to it.

The substance is that it's obvious that you are ready to pounce on anything critical of Biden, no matter how specious it is. That obvious bias on your part has to be taken into consideration for every claim you make, especially the claims you make that don't have anything supporting them.

That's how the substance of my reply relates to what you said.

Well a lot of people deny that he seems too frail to finish a 2nd term...
    People not agreeing with you is not denial. His mobility and energy are obviously low. That does't necessarily mean he's too frail to serve out his 2nd term. We had a president who was bound to a wheel chair finish his term.

Biden's age alone raises the odds that he might not finish his term. There's a chance every president doesn't finish their term, that's why we have presidential succession in the Constitution itself. Harris and Biden's team are more than capable of taking over if needed.

...so there are a lot of brainless supporters. Steph is not just another journalist. He was selected as the trusted journalist to interview Biden to demonstrate that he can do the job. If he was secretly caught saying he is not, that will carry a lot of weight.
    And if it's not true at all or Steph says Biden is good to go?

ETA: There is a recording. Details later in this thread.

It is the fence sitters.
    There you go talking about those bigfoots as if it's been proven they exist and there's enough of them to change the outcome of the election. That's one of those unsupported claims that your biases have to be taken into account for. No one such just accept it's true just because you say it is.

Last edited:
    He already released a statement owning up to it and saying he shouldn't have made a comment.
    Thanks. I'm surprised it took this long to surface.

Some quotes from the article:
    TMZ posted video of the encounter, which it said was on a New York City street, in which Stephanopoulos was asked, “Do you think Biden should step down?”

Stephanopoulos appears to say, “I don’t think he can serve four more years," though the audio of the response is a little difficult to hear.
    “Earlier today I responded to a passerby. I shouldn’t have,” Stephanopoulos said Tuesday night in a statement released by ABC News spokesman Brooks Lancaster.
    In a separate statement, ABC News said, “George expressed his own point of view and not the position of ABC News."

Such a "I can neither deny or confirm" response by ABC and George. If he said it, confirm it. If he didn't, deny it. Sounds like ABC and George are giving non-responses their attorneys told them to give.

Other sites are reporting the same thing. ABC doesn't have a story on it at all.

Last edited:
    The Black and the Hispanic caucuses are both standing resolutely with the white as white can be Biden, I wish there was a "white supremacist panic time" dancing banana gif.
    All you have to do is ask:

_15nGA4AT-ROXp2xDXXRN72S7TWbrkuL7h0Rm-LYB7PL3N0kT8iV2ariuEZ0Nt2vzJ2OLZSoxcdGVvNfZEk9Mm9sweTNUoWGXcpM

Just wolfing down the bait that has a big old warning sign of "BAIT" sitting right next to it.

The substance is that it's obvious that you are ready to pounce on anything critical of Biden, no matter how specious it is. That obvious bias on your part has to be taken into consideration for every claim you make, especially the claims you make that don't have anything supporting them.

That's how the substance of my reply relates to what you said.
    Pisst, he's a retired Bernie bro.

Thanks. I'm surprised it took this long to surface.

Some quotes from the article:

Such a "I can neither deny or confirm" response by ABC and George. If he said it, confirm it. If he didn't, deny it. Sounds like ABC and George are giving non-responses their attorneys told them to give.

Other sites are reporting the same thing. ABC doesn't have a story on it at all.
    It sounds like George changed his mind. People are allowed to do that.

Donk is allowed to change his mind too.

I was thinking more along the lines of this with "peanut butter jelly time" lyrics replaced with "white supremacist panic time."

I've seen those before, funny, but that is not what you asked for. You said you wanted "a "white supremacist panic time" dancing banana gif."

I covered every base, and even include an yellow outer shell for their abject cowardness to show, in my search. You got the white inside with the with the yeller cloak of abject cowardness as an extra detail all covered for you, the air currents lifting the robe denoting KKK, showing their true insides under their hooded robe.

That's a dance. It's classic panic dance, but in the classic form it's a cute girl who has accidently walked over and air outlet grate while wearing a skirt. Sometime one finds out they aren't wearing underwear. Since it's staged I'm sure they know that.

It was a dot gif.

So you got what you asked for. I'm glad and don't mind at all that you were able to find what you actually wanted. That was the point.

People often ask for things they don't want when they get them. This is grand. Everything came out for the better. You found what you wanted, and I helped by showing you what you didn't want. You wanted a video not a dot gif. That's what got you to look for what you wanted.

That's my job, I'm that kind of faerie.

:p

new dem leadership meeting w Jeffries this am. Concerns at the top level of the caucus about Biden’s drag on frontliners.
    — frontliners met w Jeffries this am.
    — CBC lunching today at noon - regular gathering. They also met last night
    — Pelosi’s morning Joe comments were like a bomb dropping. Jeffries said he wouldn’t comment until he spoke to Pelosi. Aguilar told us to ask Pelosi about her comments.

Concern is growing in the capitol. Lots of buzz that more members will come out against Biden today. No one we’ve spoken to seem satisfied with White House

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom