First presidential debate (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

IF Biden steps down, which he thinks eventually Biden will cave to public pressure, and polling. That's a really big IF.

What's also interesting is Biden puts out that letter, and Carville immediately puts out a letter saying don't cave. He will listen to us eventually.
    In the bolded part of your post, who exactly is "he" and who exactly is "us?"

It seems to me you are saying that Biden will eventually listen to the minority of Demcorats, such as yourself, and bow out of the race.

Is that what you're saying?

In the bolded part of your post, who exactly is "he" and who exactly is "us?"

It seems to me you are saying that Biden will eventually listen to the minority of Demcorats, such as yourself, and bow out of the race.

Is that what you're saying?

72% of Americans qualifies as an "us"

That's not a minority.

Those are the rules of the convention, if I read the article correctly delegates are bound to vote for the winner of the primary on the first ballot. After that, if there’s no nominee they can vote their conscience.

But ignoring the rules would be a horrible message, not to mention opening up the DNC to lawsuits from disgruntled voters. Just stop with the crazy ideas here. This isn’t a game, or like the tweet I posted earlier - this isn’t Bewitched, where you can just substitute a different Darren.
    You touch on something that I haven't seen anyone discuss yet.

If at the convention the Democratic party ignores the will of how voters voted in the primary elections, Trump and the Republicans are going to run with "see they're the ones who don't respect election outcomes. I told you they fix it to get what they want." And guess what, even more people will be cynical, disillusioned, and distrustful of American elections and democracy, which will bring us even closer to the brink of losing our democracy all together.

If Biden does not choose to step down, the will and vote of the voters must be honored.

I don't care!!! I really don't care. All day and all night I don't care.

I don't care to eat green eggs and ham, says Sam I am.

I am Sam. I don't care Donk, I don't care at all.

Biden will be the candidate, win or lose in 2024.

If it comes out that Biden has a neurodegenerative disease. Biden is done.

You want to reply let me stop you. There is no debate. His campaign is over.

You touch on something that I haven't seen anyone discuss yet.

If at the convention the Democratic party ignores the will of how voters voted in the primary elections, Trump and the Republicans are going to run with "see they're the ones who don't respect election outcomes. I told you they fix it to get what they want." And guess what, even more people will be cynical, disillusioned, and distrustful of American elections and democracy, which will bring us even closer to the brink of losing our democracy all together.

If Biden does not choose to step down, the will and vote of the voters must be honored.
    Here, here, that ought to be nuf said, the dire end of this topic. Thank you MT-15

The will of the voters, like me, and well like all of us who already have voted, will be honored, or all hell will come of that. I mean that.

I've already told that idiot Adam Schiff that. Honor our vote, or I won't vote for you.

Maybe all the polling is wrong? Who knows.
    Since Roe was overturned by Dobbs in 2022, polling has been wrong in every federal and state election. The wrongness of polls continued with all of the most recent elections, including recent primaries, special elections, and state ballot measures.

Here's to hoping the polls are as wrong now as they have constantly been for the last two years.

NBC News has an expert on that 100% claims Biden has Parkinson's.

No reliable or reputable neurologist will ever utter the words "I could have diagnosed him from across the mall."

You're so eager to find things to post that support what you think and say, that you aren't thinking.

Every one of those observable symptoms he mentions have several other things that cause them that aren't Parkinson's. If someone has Parkinson's they will have those symptoms, but someone having those symptoms doesn't mean they have Parkinson's.

No neurologist worth listening to will diagnose just off of those symptoms. They would run a series of neural imaging and electrical nerve tests.

My father had all of those symptoms the doctor in the video mentioned. After examination and testing by doctors, they found it was caused by a combination of spinal stenosis and peripheral neuropathy.

Last edited:
    72% of Americans qualifies as an "us"

That's not a minority.
    You spoke to all of them yourself?

Are or you relying on polls that have been inaccurate since 2022? It's the polls. That's all you got is polls and you treat them as absolutely accurate fact, even though you know they have not been accurate since 2022.

But let's look at your polls that you use to support your opinion.

When people are asked questions along the lines of if they approve or disapprove of Biden, his approval percentage runs in the 30's.

When people are asked who they will vote for, around 43% to 45% say they will vote for Biden, even in recent polls since the debate. That's all people polled. Over 50% of Democrats say they will vote for Biden.

Biden being the Democratic party nominee is something to be decided by Democrats only, not the general population. Over 50% of Democrats will still vote for Biden.

Furthermore, the majority of Democratic leadership, and the highest ranking ones, still support Biden.

Most importantly. the majority of Democrats who voted for Biden in the primaries still want and support Biden.

Only a small minority of Democratic leaders, donors, pundits and voters are trying to force Biden out of the race. All of them are ignoring the vote and the will of the majority of Democratic voters.

Last edited:
    Oh dear, I looked at the news and it appears that Adam Schiff's name is going to be totally impossible for me to find on my November general election ballot.

He just kept sounding off all day like an idiot. He continued to do it after I warned him. I can't abide with that. He can't turn himself into MAGA like creep and still get my vote.

I believe in democracy, and he believes in overturning a settled primary election.

He's a coward, a craven coward because he's doing this out of his fear.

Why I couldn't vote for him now even if I wanted to. Not after he added more today over what he already had added to what he added yesterday.

Dang, since I won't be able to find his name, I guess I will simply have to write in Barbara Lee's name to honor her for being the best Congresswoman I ever had as a congresswoman. She is truly is awesome. She's the one I want to be my new Senator now.

That other forgotten guy, he completely lost my interest. I'm not interested in having craven cowards speak for me.

Barbra Lee spoke, and will continue to speak for me. She is truly lovely.

She's brave too, after 9/11 she spoke for me very well. She bucked the entire Congress both House and Senate, and the whole USA standing up for what was right.

She was the lone vote in Congress who told GWB not to invade Iraq. Was in time proven to have been correct, all others were proven to have been wrong. Even Biden was wrong on that one.

That war was not just, we were had by the talking heads.

Barbra Lee stood up for us, and me, she suffered the cost. So that's where the vote Adam Schiff would have gotten, will go.

Bye Adam Schiff, you no longer interest me at all.

You spoke to all of them yourself? Are or you relying in polls that have been innaccurate since 2022? It's the polls. That's all you got is polls and you treat them as absolute accurate fact, even though you know they have not been accurate at all since 2022.

But let's look at your polls that you use to support your opinion.

When people are asked questions along the lines of if they approve or disapprove of Biden, his approval percentage runs in the 30's.

When people are asked who they will vote for, around 43% to 45% say they will vote for Biden, even in recent polls since the debate. That's all people polled. Over 50% of Democrats say they will vote for Biden.

Biden being the Democratic party nominee is something to be decided by Democrats only, not the general population. Over 50% of Democrats will still vote for Biden.

Furthermore, the majority of Democratic leadership, and the highest ranking ones, still support Biden.

Most importantly. the majority of Democrats who voted for Biden in the primaries still want and support Biden.

Only a small minority of Democratic leaders, donors, pundits and voters are trying to force Biden out of the race. All of them are ignoring the vote and the will of the majority of Democratic voters.
    You know what happened along these line way back in February of 2020???

I went to a Democrat party debate watching function.

It was nice, but the upshot was they were all panicking in fear. Many of them were actually considering that asine billionaire who was also running. They had all given up on Biden. He hadn't won a primary contest yet, you know the early primaries which always show us who our next president will not be.

I was there and I was not worried, I said to them to not worry Biden will win in the end, I also told them my theory that he and Kamala were working together, and that she would become his VP.

That was early, it turned out I was right, and they were all wrong, and about to sell out to that Yankee billionaire creep. I don't remember his name. He owns some newspaper in New York I don't read.

I don't remember his name because I wasn't interested in him. So how do you think they took my words of wisdom?

Everything I said to them turned out to be right come that November. I was right about the primary, right about the general, and right about him picking Harris for VP. They were as it turned out, were actually working together.

They laughed at me, but it turned our they were the cowardice fools about to sell out to the billionaire, and I was right.

I've not seen a one of them since. Didn't get my chance to crow. That's how reality really is. I didn't expect any better from them, and I was not disappointed that I didn't get to crow.

Cowards are always, always are, they always will be. Sit tight and don't be buffaloed by fear.

So my suggestion for this time is the same as it was last time in 2020, sit tight, have some faith, Biden will prevail, and Harris will prevail with him.

Last edited:
    You know what happened along these line way back in March of 2020??? I went to a Democrat party debate watching function.

It was nice but the upshot was they were all panicking on fear. Many of them were actually considering that asine billionaire who was also running. They had all given up on Biden. He hadn't won a contest yet, you know the early primaries which always show us who our next president will not be.

I was there and I was not worried, I said to them to not worry Biden will win in the end, I also told them my theory that he and Kamala were working together, and that she would become his VP.

That was in March, it turned out I was right, and they were all wrong, and about to sell out to that Yankee billionaire creep. I don't remember his name. He owns some newspaper in New York. I don't remember his name because I wasn't interested in him.

So how do you think they took my words of wisdom?

Everything I said way back in March turned out to be right come that come that November. I was right about the primary, about the general, and right about him picking Harris for VP. They were as it turned out, were working together

They laughed at me, but it turned our they were the cowardice fools and I was right.

I've not seen a one of them since. Didn't get my chance to crow. That's how reality is. I didn't expect any better from them, and I was not disappointed.

Cowards are always, always are, they always will be.

So my suggestion for this time is the same as it was last time in 2020, sit tight, have some faith, Biden will prevail, and Harris will prevail with him.
    Too many Hudsons and not enough Hickses.

Too many Hudsons and not enough Hickses.
    How on Earth did you know that that many of my ancestors had come here from Wales? They came here in mass from there way back in the 1600's

I don't think I've ever talked about that here.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom