First presidential debate (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

I don't know why MT15 has responded, but Trump did try to prosecute HRC you dingbat. It was his DoJ that found nothing.

You've been living in a banana republic for awhile homie.
    But no charges brought against political opponents or political prisoners? Thanks. That proves my point. Stick to checkers.

There are multiple post in this thread talking about how Biden has been hidden away. That he has a small circle of long time advisors, and family. That the media doesn't have much access. Even then, there were was concern and rumors. Jon Stewart even ran a piece of this very topic on his first show back.

You don't read any of those post you come in here dump your drivel and run away.
    What are those posts based on? Reports from the media?

So you expect people to believe excuses from the same media that's been covering for Biden?

Y'all all have been mocking me and thinking it was beyond the pale for me saying that Biden was clearly declining.

It's obvious I was right, but anyone could have seen that including the media that had no idea according to you.

Denying that the media knew is North Korea type propaganda just like the people here who said Biden was fine after the debate and just had a cold.

But no charges brought against political opponents or political prisoners? Thanks. That proves my point. Stick to checkers.

No, it doesn't prove your point Farb.

Farb the big brained gensius right now:

"Trump was guilty enough to get prosecuted, but HRC wasn't so that proves my point."

Is there a messageboard you and SFL belong to and come from that isn't SR? Can they send over the actual smart ones from now on?

It's like he doesn't even realize he made your point for you. If it would have been a banana republic under Trump, then they still would have went after Clinton even after finding nothing substantial like Biden has done to Trump.

What are those posts based on? Reports from the media?

So you expect people to believe excuses from the same media that's been covering for Biden?

Y'all all have been mocking me and thinking it was beyond the pale for me saying that Biden was clearly declining.

It's obvious I was right, but anyone could have seen that including the media that had no idea according to you.

Denying that the media knew is North Korea type propaganda just like the people here who said Biden was fine after the debate and just had a cold.

Let's end this discussion right now.

What should the media have done?

It's like he doesn't even realize he made your point for you. If it would have been a banana republic under Trump, then they still would have went after Clinton even after finding nothing substantial like Biden has done to Trump.

Please god, there has to be smarter conservatives that can come debate.

It's this with you two:

No, it doesn't prove your point Farb.

Farb the big brained gensius right now:

"Trump was guilty enough to get prosecuted, but HRC wasn't so that proves my point."

Is there a messageboard you and SFL belong to and come from that isn't SR? Can they send over the actual smart ones from now on?
    Proving one party uses lawfare and the other doesn't does prove my point. Thanks.

You're just dishonest. You know Trump is guilty of many things, even if he has played the judicial system to prevent getting convicted. Clinton may not be completely innocent, but she is an honest angel in comparison. You can see a car speeding past you and know the truth, even if that driver doesn't get caught.

Proving one party uses lawfare and the other doesn't does prove my point. Thanks.

Farb you should get checked for cognitive decline. Your long term memory is obviously impaired.

It's ok the AP remembers.

Democrats used the law to indict Trump for a few of his crimes, and Trump has twisted the law, with the aid of his cronies, to avoid being prosecuted.

Let's end this discussion right now.

What should the media have done?
    There ain't no ending this debate now. You want to bury the fact that the media covered for Biden. This will be a good story to remind people about when they lecture me on posting better sources.

They could have honestly reported on his condition instead of cooperating with his Administration to try to hide it from the public. It's pretty simple.

Farb you should get checked for cognitive decline. Your long term memory is obviously impaired.

You know when you've went to insults with every post you've lost the debate.

Trump wanted to.... but didnt.

There ain't no ending this debate now. You want to bury the fact that the media covered for Biden. This will be a good story to remind people about when they lecture me on posting better sources.

They could have honestly reported on his condition instead of cooperating with his Administration to try to hide it from the public. It's pretty simple.

The media is not a monolith. All of these stories are from before the debate. Who didn't report on this honestly?

You know when you've went to insults with every post you've lost the debate.

Trump wanted to.... but didnt.

Farb is giving moronic answers with comments like "Stick to checkers."

If you don't want to be made fun off, stop being so comedically dumb.

It worse than that. Trump investigated the Clinton Foundation for nearly his entire term, but failed to find evidence of wrongdoing. We would've been a banana republic if not for a few people checking Trump's desires. He will not have adults in any future term.

Here is an excerpt, since it is behind a paywall:

"The Justice Department kept open the investigation into Hillary Clinton’s family foundation for nearly all of President Donald J. Trump’s administration, with prosecutors closing the case without charges just days before he left office.

Newly released documents and interviews with former department officials show that the investigation stretched long past when F.B.I. agents and prosecutors knew it was a dead end. The conclusion of the case, which centered on the Clinton Foundation’s dealings with foreign donors when Mrs. Clinton served as secretary of state under President Barack Obama, has not previously been reported.

Mr. Trump, who campaigned on a promise to “lock her up,” spent much of his four-year term pressuring the F.B.I. and the Justice Department to target political rivals. After being accused by the president’s allies of serving as part of a deep-state cabal working against him, F.B.I. officials insisted that the department acknowledge in writing that there was no case to bring.

The closing documents, which were obtained by The New York Times as part of a Freedom of Information Act lawsuit, spelled the end to an investigation that top prosecutors had expressed doubts about from the beginning. Still, it became a rallying cry for Republicans who believed the F.B.I. would ultimately turn up evidence of corruption and damage Mrs. Clinton’s political fortunes....."

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom