First presidential debate (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Since we usually have a separate thread for these
    =================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

No, absolutely not, "we need to" avoid talking about that Criminal non-stop. Getting us to talk about him is his MO. If we do that his gaslight enters our homes, it will suffocate us if it goes on too long.

My wife and I are strictly limiting how much we talk about that bastage to about a half hour per day for this reason.

Anymore discussion about him per day is counterproductive. We need to maintain our mental health first and foremost. The more dire it is, the more important it is to maintain our mental health going forward.
    I don't talk about that orange idiot with anyone outside our discussions here, because, why would I?

The problem with this is that I'm convinced that Biden/Harris is the best ticket, but that ticket seems to be destined to lose, and then we'll have to accept whoever Harris choses as her VP. A Harris/generic democrat ticket is more likely to win, and if they win, would have America's support. We should have a choice of leaders that we believe can lead us for the next 4 years.
    Did you ever watch the movie wag the dog?

That movie begins, "there's a crisis in the White House." Well there's a crisis among the Criminal's gang who want to loot the national treasury, he's not going to win this election which he needs to carry out that grand theft of public funds unless he can wag the dog.

His gaslight is focused on convincing you that Biden is going to lose, so you will force Biden out, so that with a disorganized, dismayed opposition, he can win.

Did you ever watch the movie wag the dog?

That movie begins, "there's a crisis in the White House." Well there's a crisis among the Criminal's gang who want to loot the national treasury, he's not going to win this election which he needs to carry out that grand theft of public funds unless he can wag the dog.

His gaslight is focused on convincing you that Biden is going to lose, so you will force Biden out, so that with a disorganized, dismayed opposition, he can win.

I haven't seen Wag the Dog, but I'm going to watch it soon now that I saw the preview.

We can hope that this is all a ruse, but most people on this forum are not spinning their opinions. I know I saw a diminished man on the stage, and I'm a huge supporter. Imagine what tepid supporters that blame him for immigration, inflation, and other things are thinking about doing with their votes.

That's not a concern. It's his ex, not his current wife. I think Newsome would be a great choice. After Newsome, I would consider Adam Kinzinger. Such a bi-partisan ticket might be necessary to assure victory, plus Adam is a very moderate Republican.
    Then try this argument, he married her, then divorced her, and that doesn't show us the kind of person who would be a good leader of the USA.

I would never vote for him in a primary.

Once stuck with him after the primary, I would vote for him in a general election, and have. He wasn't my pick for Governor, but I did hold my nose and did vote for him. But I didn't like voting for him very much.

I don't talk about that orange idiot with anyone outside our discussions here, because, why would I?
    Dave, over time I have come to regard you as a healthy individual insofar as your mental health. It shows in your posts. You don't seem to be depressed like so many others are here.

I know there are a lot of reason this would be a very bad idea to put Fluoxetine in our water supply, but the temptation is there to do so. I would estimate that half of the people in America are depressed. A serious national health concern.

Kinzinger is a patriot against everything anti-democratic. He may differ in some policy ideas, but those are irrelevant compared to the task of beating Trump and MAGA zombies. No matter what, I think it needs to be a young, good looking and well spoken white man, because Kamala is enough revolutionary change for one ticket. Could tap Andy Beshear. Trump is horrible, but he understands that Americans are shallow, so someone that looks good matters to many voters.

I think there are valid concerns about racism and misogyny. We've made a lot of progress but have a lot of ground left to cover.

I didn’t see it posted:

I have no idea why Hunter Biden is involved in this decision. He has obvious decision making issues, and a massive conflict of interest.

Democrats have been mystified that Mr. Biden has been relying on advice from his son, Hunter Biden, who was convicted last month on gun charges stemming from when he was taking crack cocaine, rather than from the party’s top leaders.

His entire family sucks. This dude should have never run.

I don't know what he is waiting on. The polling is already at the point you should drop out.

Rest of his thread:

“Oh, but we simply didn’t know. We were misled by masterminds such as KJP.”

Either you’re a terrible liar or you’re terrible at your job. There really isn’t an exonerating or reasonable excuse for just now noticing what has been obvious since at least the 2020 election.

And when I say there really aren’t any good excuses, I mean it. Look at this self-serving horseshirt explanation from CNN.

The “It's just this war and that lying son of a birch, Johnson!” defense.

1000005531.jpg

Also, note subtle pro-Biden spin. "We couldn't really cover his age because Trump lies a lot." I'm sorry. Do you know who Biden is? We still pretending he doesn't have a lying problem? Even when they're defending themselves for being bad at their jobs, they're bad at their jobs.

"We didn't see anything unusual in POTUS spending ~50% of his presidency holed up in Delaware, taking only pre-approved Qs, declining media layups like the Super Bowl interview, or hiding behind a wall of aides to shield him from photojournalists. We never saw the signs!"

"We never dreamed there might have been a bigger story behind the roaring return of a stutter that had laid dormant for decades. Three presidential election cycles with not a trace, and then - BAM. Stutter's back! Was that something we should have been curious about?"

"It simply never occurred to us that anything was amiss when the EASTER BUNNY HAD TO SHIELD THE PRESIDENT FROM US."

One of these "We simply didn't know!" journos is going to publish a gossipy palace intrigue article on Biden's decline now that the "weapons free" order has gone down the line. That author is going to win a Pulitzer, and I'm going to be so annoyed.

Rest of his thread:

“Oh, but we simply didn’t know. We were misled by masterminds such as KJP.”

Either you’re a terrible liar or you’re terrible at your job. There really isn’t an exonerating or reasonable excuse for just now noticing what has been obvious since at least the 2020 election.

And when I say there really aren’t any good excuses, I mean it. Look at this self-serving horseshirt explanation from CNN.

The “It's just this war and that lying son of a birch, Johnson!” defense.

1000005531.jpg

Also, note subtle pro-Biden spin. "We couldn't really cover his age because Trump lies a lot." I'm sorry. Do you know who Biden is? We still pretending he doesn't have a lying problem? Even when they're defending themselves for being bad at their jobs, they're bad at their jobs.

"We didn't see anything unusual in POTUS spending ~50% of his presidency holed up in Delaware, taking only pre-approved Qs, declining media layups like the Super Bowl interview, or hiding behind a wall of aides to shield him from photojournalists. We never saw the signs!"

"We never dreamed there might have been a bigger story behind the roaring return of a stutter that had laid dormant for decades. Three presidential election cycles with not a trace, and then - BAM. Stutter's back! Was that something we should have been curious about?"

"It simply never occurred to us that anything was amiss when the EASTER BUNNY HAD TO SHIELD THE PRESIDENT FROM US."

One of these "We simply didn't know!" journos is going to publish a gossipy palace intrigue article on Biden's decline now that the "weapons free" order has gone down the line. That author is going to win a Pulitzer, and I'm going to be so annoyed.

I love how I've already had this debate with your yesterday,, and proved you wrong. You just decide to repost the same drivel with a new twitter post.

I love how I've already had this debate with your yesterday,, and proved you wrong. You just decide to repost the same drivel with a new twitter post.

That's his MO. He can't help but push the conspiracy angle on everything, even when he has plenty of fertile ground on which to comment/post on. It really is exhausting.

That's his MO. He can't help but push the conspiracy angle on everything, even when he has plenty of fertile ground on which to comment/post on. It really is exhausting.

The hilarious thing is his whole Hunter Biden thing is primed. We heard forever that Hunter just sees his dad at holidays and is civilian. It turns out that is all lies, and Hunter is one of his closest advisors. SFL finally has some meat on that bone, and instead he is chasing sun dogs claiming they are UFO's.

The hilarious thing is his whole Hunter Biden thing is primed. We heard forever that Hunter just sees his dad at holidays and is civilian. It turns out that is all lies, and Hunter is one of his closest advisors. SFL finally has some meat on that bone, and instead he is chasing sun dogs claiming they are UFO's.
    It's entirely predictable, lol.

You call your one post a debate and you think that finished any discussion on the topic? You said:

this thread, in a response to you on this very topic I linked an article that cited Biden having the fewest press conferences since Reagan. You can go off stats, and facts, or keep linking massive pictures of pamphlets.

Politico, NYT, Axios, WAPO, CNN, and MSNBC aren't all in a secret cabal. If you don't believe it, oh well. It wouldn't be the first time you didn't let facts stop your feelings.

That post proved me wrong? 🤣

You are moving into MT15 and LA-LA North Korea type propaganda if you are going to continue to defend the media for covering for Biden's condition.

If PatriotMom1776 and RealEagle_Freedom could figure out something was wrong with Biden, then the media definitely knew. The same corporate media many here still claim are credible.

You call your one post a debate and you think that finished any discussion on the topic? You said:

That post proved me wrong? 🤣

You are moving into MT15 and LA-LA North Korea type propaganda if you are going to continue to defend the media for covering for Biden's condition.

If PatriotMom1776 and RealEagle_Freedom could figure out something was wrong with Biden, then the media definitely knew. The same corporate media many here still claim are credible.

There are multiple post in this thread talking about how Biden has been hidden away. That he has a small circle of long time advisors, and family. That the media doesn't have much access. Even then, there were was concern and rumors. Jon Stewart even ran a piece of this very topic on his first show back.

You don't read any of those post. You come in here dump your drivel and run away.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom