First presidential debate (19 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
Since we usually have a separate thread for these
=================

NEW YORK (AP) — President Joe Biden begins an intense period of private preparations Friday at Camp David for what may be the most consequential presidential debate in decades.

The 81-year-old Democrat’s team is aware that he cannot afford an underwhelming performance when he faces Republican rival Donald Trump for 90 minutes on live television Thursday night. Biden’s team is expecting aggressive attacks on his physical and mental strength, his record on the economy and immigration and even his family.

Trump, 78 and ever confident, will stay on the campaign trail before going to his Florida estate next week for two days of private meetings as part of an informal prep process.

The former president’s allies are pushing him to stay focused on his governing plans, but they’re expecting him to be tested by pointed questions about his unrelenting focus on election fraud, his role in the erosion of abortion rights and his unprecedented legal baggage.

Thursday’s debate on CNN will be full of firsts, with the potential to reshape the presidential race. Never before in the modern era have two presumptive nominees met on the debate stage so early in the general election season. Never before have two White House contenders faced off at such advanced ages, with widespread questions about their readiness.

And never before has a general election debate participant been saddled with a felony conviction. The debate-stage meeting comes just two weeks before Trump is scheduled to be sentenced on 34 felony counts in his New York hush money trial.

“You can argue this will be the most important debate, at least in my lifetime,” said Democratic strategist Jim Messina, 54, who managed former President Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign.

PRESSURE ON BIDEN

The ground rules for Thursday’s debate, the first of two scheduled meetings, are unusual.

The candidates agreed to meet at a CNN studio in Atlanta with no audience. Each candidate’s microphone will be muted, except when it’s his turn to speak. No props or prewritten notes will be allowed onstage. The candidates will be given only a pen, a pad of paper and a bottle of water.

There will be no opening statements. A coin flip determined that Biden would stand at the podium to the viewer’s right, while Trump would deliver the final closing statement.

The next debate won’t be until September. Any stumbles Thursday will be hard to erase or replace quickly.………..

That stuff registers with the right but I think they lost that election in the middle on the fact that Hillary was just as disliked as Trump.. remember, Obama left office with very high ratings, if he had the opportunity to run against Trump, I am pretty darn confident that he would have won.
It does register with the right. I wasn't talking about that election. Obama's policies made it possible for someone like Trump to be a candidate and win the nomination.

It's not just voters, it's the party as well. The interesting thing to me is that from all these articles coming out. Their is a huge contingent of major party players, and donors that think Biden needs to be replaced.

The NYT have been vicious. It's clear people are talking off the record, and are trying to apply pressure to quit.

It’s not something I’ve followed closely but there are reports of a feud between the NYT and White House that’s been going on long before the debate. Lots of social media chatter about it, too. FWIW.

I’m not aware of the huge contingent of players and donors, beyond anonymous reports. What names have been put out there?

Again, though, whatever the extent of backlash is, the White House has to take this on successfully or either changes or a loss become inevitable.

Tapper is going off the reservation and calling a spade a spade but don't look at that. Orange man bad and going to end democracy! LOL.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/poli...-biden-s-stunningly-flawed-debate/ar-BB1peCrd

“There is a pattern, a discernible pattern, of Democratic officials seemingly trying to convince you, the public, to not believe what you saw and what you heard with your eyes and with your ears on Thursday night,” said Tapper before playing some of the troubling clips of Biden from the debate, which he moderated along with his colleague Dana Bash.

“Democratic officials have tried to spin this in many ways,” said Tapper, by trying to say it was just a cold or “one-off night” like former President Barack Obama’s rough time during his first debate in 2012. “But behind the scenes, make no mistake, most Democratic officials witnessed the same shocking spectacle that you did.”
It's amazing how the media went from covering for Biden due to his condition for 3.5 years and then they did a complete 180 and all of a sudden started talking about what everyone has seen for his presidency.

The corporate media was pushing North Korea type propaganda and basically told us not to believe our eyes.

Well that was a trap question that you fell right into Farb. You got 4d chess'd on that one.
Sure. This might be the dumbest attempt at a gotcha attempt I have seen on here and that says a lot.

Can you tell me who is the 'convicted felon' is out of all the presidents or candidates of the past?

It's amazing how the media went from covering for Biden due to his condition for 3.5 years and then they did a complete 180 and all of a sudden started talking about what everyone has seen for his presidency.

The corporate media was pushing North Korea type propaganda and basically told us not to believe our eyes.

His handlers, and family literally hid him from the media. What are you talking about?

Sure. This might be the dumbest attempt at a gotcha attempt I have seen on here and that says a lot.

Can you tell me who is the 'convicted felon' is out of all the presidents or candidates of the past?

I don't know why MT15 has responded, but Trump did try to prosecute HRC you dingbat. It was his DoJ that found nothing.

You've been living in a banana republic for awhile homie.

I think it's over. Nancy has turned.

That seems significant.

Also:

Wouldn't any new candidate besides Kamala have to start out at zero with fundraising? That would seem to be a major sticking point.

I don’t think there are very many if any of these types of long form interviews that aren’t edited at all. There is a difference between the editing that is done to make an interview fit the time slot and around the commercials and deceptive editing.

You may not notice the edits, because they are minor, but they are there.
I totally agree with all of this, but considering what people saw live on national TV, any type of edited piece will do nothing. That press conference at NATO will weigh more in many minds in my opinion.

Biden has a PR problem as stated in that article because of his availability to the press. It plays (rightfully or wrongly) into the argument that the White House keeps him from the press for reasons.

I wouldn't place Carl Bernstein as a conspiracy theorist. So when he's saying this based on people he's spoken to in the White House, it's concerning.

Yeah, saw that about Doggett earlier. Will have to see if others follow suit.

His reasoning raises eyebrows. He cited LBJ withdrawing under different circumstances but that ignores that the outcome was Nixon defeating Humphrey. He also commented that Biden stepping aside would open the way for a younger generation of leaders. Doggett is 78 in October, has been in congress almost 30 years, and is running for reelection in November.

Last edited:
Do you seriously think the media was unaware of his real condition?

Yes, I don't think most of them had any idea of his condition.

I think a lot of people were clearly shocked from that debate including the media.

It's been brought up plenty in the media, but Biden was carefully hidden away.

If you read through some of this "mainstream media" links in the thread. It's clear that people are blaming his inner circle, and family.

I totally agree with all of this, but considering what people saw live on national TV, any type of edited piece will do nothing. That press conference at NATO will weigh more in many minds in my opinion.

Biden has a PR problem as stated in that article because of his availability to the press. It plays (rightfully or wrongly) into the argument that the White House keeps him from the press for reasons.

I wouldn't place Carl Bernstein as a conspiracy theorist. So when he's saying this based on people he's spoken to in the White House, it's concerning.

There’s a specificity and fairness to Bernstein’s comments that merit being taken seriously.

The process Mr. Zogby outlines in the memo, however, starts with an unlikely prospect: Mr. Biden announcing that he would drop out of the race. He also suggests that Mr. Biden instruct the party not to simply designate Vice President Kamala Harris as the nominee, but instead meet after the Fourth of July to “lay out a one-month campaign schedule to select the party’s nominee.”
Potential candidates would then need to secure the endorsements of 40 current D.N.C. members, including four from each of the party’s four regions, from the roster of roughly 400 members.
“Given the relatively small number of D.N.C. members,” he wrote, “such a process will most likely result in not more than five potential nominees.”
The party would then host two televised events for the candidates to “make their cases before Democratic voters across the country.”
The process would conclude at the party’s August convention in Chicago, Mr. Zogby suggested, where candidates would be formally nominated and votes would be taken among the delegates.

“The excitement generated by this process and the attention it will be given will be a plus for our eventual nominee,” he wrote.

Yes, I don't think most of them had any idea of his condition.

I think a lot of people were clearly shocked from that debate including the media.

It's been brought up plenty in the media, but Biden was carefully hidden away.

If you read through some of this "mainstream media" links in the thread. It's clear that people are blaming his inner circle, and family.
The media definitely knew about his condition. If the public could see it then the media definitely knew about it.

They aren't shocked. They were covering for him until enough prominent Democrats called them after the debate to say Biden can't beat Trump. Then they immediately did a 180.

They are blaming his inner circle because they don't want to admit they covered for him this whole time.

These pictures seem more relevant now.

1000005527.jpg

1000005529.jpg

1000005530.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom