Drag Queens in society -what's appropriate and what isn't (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

VoxPopuli

Staff member
    Reaction score
    There has been an interest in discussing the role of drag queens in the public arena, and what is appropriate with children. This specifically was an area of concern:

So, are there dangers present in transgenders reading stories to children. If so, what are they? What is government's role in this? Is it a local or federal issue?

Last edited:
    It does bother me and worries me.. More about the sanity our us as a people more than anything.

Does traditional religious culture worry you? Does it worry you when religions teach that homosexuality is a sin?

If not, then you problem is a lack the perspective and life experience (with subcultures) in order to understand why this might be helpful instead of harmful. And why this doesn't harm children (even hetro children) when done properly. I haven't invested the time to investigate if this was done properly or not, but it doesn't really seem like you have either. Your argument and distaste for it seems a lot more to do with its existence than how it was done.

They like the attention and know it will get a rise out of their opposition. If people just ignored them it would go away.

Nice Try... But Unfortunately, if you ignore queer kids stuff tv, it won't go away either...

Not going to argue or debate this anymore . . I think it's wrong to try and convince young toddlers and small children that this lifestyle is fun and exciting by using cartoons, tv shows, teddy bears and story books.... That's my stance.

and for anyone who says "It's not something I'd take my kids to, but I support it".. Well, if you think it's not right for your kids, then it's not right for other kids either....

Nice Try... But Unfortunately, if you ignore queer kids stuff tv, it won't go away either...

Not going to argue or debate this anymore . . I think it's wrong to try and convince young toddlers and small children that this lifestyle is fun and exciting by using cartoons, tv shows, teddy bears and story books.... That's my stance.

and for anyone who says "It's not something I'd take my kids to, but I support it".. Well, if you think it's not right for your kids, then it's not right for other kids either....
    ‘Not going to debate anymore’?
    Have you started?
    You’ve been on this kick for years now, and have yet to articulate reasons why it’s problematic other than ‘I think it’s wrong’

You have a long list of people you don’t like, cool, we all do to some degree
    But it’s also pretty clear that you have no problem restricting the freedoms of people you don’t like and that’s the point where you need to start bringing some proof of the problem

So do you agree with Hillary that it takes a village to raise our kids? That they are "our" kids, and it is society's job to help raise children?

It seems like your concern for other people's children, places you in the same camp as Hillary on this issue.

I don;t believe that there is anything we can do about it.... But we can stop supporting nonsense like this is about all...

I don;t have problems with Drag Queens.. I don;t have problems with Drag Queens even when they interact with children... But when they are put in a position that the child starts looking up to them as a role model, and being taught that their way of life is fun, exciting, normal and the whole world is doing it so they should be too, and they need to start thinking what their drag names are gonna be.. Then I have a problem.

I still don't get it.

Are you afraid that exposing the children to this sort of thing is going to cause them to live in trailer parks, use meth and become high school strippers?

What is it you think is going to happen?

You mentioned confusion earlier. Are non-gay kids going to somehow become transvestites or morph into some intersexed alien?

What's the end that fears you?

It does bother me and worries me.. More about the sanity our us as a people more than anything.

Seems that you and dtc are so woke that you support something for no more reason than people should have a right to do something, even if you think it may be wrong for the children to be a part of.. ie- adults rights are more important than the kids health and well being.

I don't want to completely derail this thread, but I will point out that some people are so woke that they think we ought to have the right to own machine guns and that adult rights are more important than the kids not being shot up in schools.

Right, but I'm not seeing how that is harmful.

I'm specifically asking for, what is the harm of boys wearing dresses?

For example, if you have a married heterosexual couple reading a story - are you teaching children about sexual acts.

What I am seeing as the harm is the mentality that this is indoctrination is acceptable to society nder the disguise of tolerance.

‘Not going to debate anymore’?
    Have you started?

You have a long list of people you don’t like, cool, we all do to some degree
    But it’s also pretty clear that you have no problem restricting the freedoms of people you don’t like and that’s the point where you need to start bringing some proof of the problem

Who do I not like my friend guido?

Proof? Is it acceptable under tolerance that a 9 yearour old kid dresses in drag and does photo shoots with Naked grown men in drag? With the parents permission at that...

10 year old drag queen.jpg

So do you agree with Hillary that it takes a village to raise our kids? That they are "our" kids, and it is society's job to help raise children?

It seems like your concern for other people's children, places you in the same camp as Hillary on this issue.

I am running way late.. can I get back to you on this?

I still don't get it.

I have said before, If you think that this in not proper for your kids. Which you stated. Then it is not right for other kids.. But you remain under the premise that it is acceptable because it is the right of the parents... You are gonna have to pick one or the other because you don;t get both.

You either think that this is either acceptable or not...

I don't want to completely derail this thread, but I will point out that some people are so woke that they think we ought to have the right to own machine guns and that adult rights are more important than the kids not being shot up in schools.

Like I stated a couple lines up,,, I am running late.. Maybe I will repy when I get to work, but it is difficult when I have a slow running tablet.. Copy, cut and paste and reply are a birch to do.

Have a nice day My friends... Even if we don;t agree.. Doesn;t mean we can't all get along and have a beer together.

What I am seeing as the harm is the mentality that this is indoctrination is acceptable to society nder the disguise of tolerance.

You haven't really described the "harm" you fear this is causing children.

Can you explain exactly how you think children are harmed by being exposed to the idea that it is ok for a man to choose to dress like a woman, or for people to be in love with someone of the same gender, or that some people feel like they were born in the wrong body?

I have said before, If you think that this in not proper for your kids. Which you stated. Then it is not right for other kids.. But you remain under the premise that it is acceptable because it is the right of the parents... You are gonna have to pick one or the other because you don;t get both.

Like I stated a couple lines up,,, I am running late.. Maybe I will repy when I get to work, but it is difficult when I have a slow running tablet.. Copy, cut and paste and reply are a birch to do.

Have a nice day My friends... Even if we don;t agree.. Doesn;t mean we can't all get along and have a beer together.

But you're wrong, Joe.

It's not what I would do, but it's perfectly ok - it's the conservative position no less - that the parents have the right to live their life without my approval or concern. I have no right to intervene in your choice to teach religion to your kids or anything else.

The choice we have to make is to support our American freedom or not.

What do you choose?

I told my wife the social worker about this thread.

She said “Why does everything have something do with sex to some people? They do know gender (sex) and sex (getting it on) are not the same thing right?”

Oh that and “I wonder what they would think about the fact that in Oregon, within the state email system (.or.us), the signature line has each person’s identifying pronoun?Or how they start every meeting by stating which pronoun each attendant goes by.”

And then she left to go drive to Astoria where a perfectly normal hereto couple were prostituting their under 10 year old children. But at least the dad wasn’t wearing lipstick.

I think extreme religious indoctrination is very harmful to kids. It happens all over this country, every day. I have no power to stop it nor do I have any right to stop other parents from indoctrinating their kids.

I do not see Drag Queen story time as indoctrinating kids, nor do I think it harms them. It may confuse some of them slightly, but not to any degree that would affect them negatively and certainly not to any degree that it would make them dress up in the opposite sexes clothes, unless they're already inclined to do so. It certainly won't turn kids gay or into Drag Queens.

Teaching about gender differences, trans-gendered people, gay people, etc. is not sexualizing kids. It's teaching them about the difference within people in their community. It's removing fear and ignorance and presenting gay, transgender, drag queens, etc. as normal parts of our society. At the heart of the issue, I believe this is what you and others on the right object to the most. Y'all world rather all of these subcultures to remain on the outside, looking in and not accepted as regular members of our society. My personal opinion is that that is a feeling/motivation born largely out of ignorance and fear.

I will add one caveat. I have seen images and videos from the LGBTQ community concerning young gay or transgender kids that do trouble and concern me. For example I saw a video of a kid dressed up in drag performing at a gay club and getting cheers from the audience. That crosses the line for me and for many others in the LGBTQ community too. Not primarily because it sexualizes the kid, although I admit there is the appearance of that, but because you're taking a kid and putting him in an adult situation in an adult club.

You haven't really described the "harm" you fear this is causing children.

Can you explain exactly how you think children are harmed by being exposed to the idea that it is ok for a man to choose to dress like a woman, or for people to be in love with someone of the same gender, or that some people feel like they were born in the wrong body?

Maybe when kids see the attention and adoration these people are receiving they may decide it's a good way to get a little of that themselves, especially when they hear their father rave about how amazing it is to hear Green Eggs and Ham when it is read by a man dressed by a woman.

Gender dysphoria is a serious issue. It's probably not a good idea to encourage young people, who don't suffer from the issue, but do crave attention, to see this as a means for obtaining affirmation.

And then, there are issues of exposing children to issues of sexuality by people who may very well be drawn to speaking to kids, or rolling around on the floor half naked with kids, for other than purely educational reasons.

I don't hate transgender people or drag queens. But, I think as a society we know a lot less about these issues than we pretend to know and that children's hour at the library is not the best choice of venues to "see where this goes."

Well said coldseat.

I would add that sexual predation is a human condition (ie behavior driven) not a gay or straight one.

Plainly and simply there is zero evidence that exposing children to alternative lifestyle encourages them to follow said lifestyle. Furthermore, there is zero evidence that there are higher rates of predation in LGBTQ communities than heterosexual ones. Higher risk of being dragged behind a truck or beaten to a bloody pulp sure but not becoming a predator.

I told my wife the social worker about this thread.

She said “Why does everything have something do with sex to some people? They do know gender (sex) and sex (getting it on) are not the same thing right?”

Oh that and “I wonder what they would think about the fact that in Oregon, within the state email system (.or.us), the signature line has each person’s identifying pronoun?Or how they start every meeting by stating which pronoun each attendant goes by.”

And then she left to go drive to Astoria where a perfectly normal hereto couple were prostituting their under 10 year old children. But at least the dad wasn’t wearing lipstick.

To be perfectly honest, you can share with your wife that Beach Friends thinks that it is incredibly silly to open meetings sharing preferred pronouns. When people want to show an example of wokeness ruining everything, they point (and frequently laugh) at Portland. It's one of those progressive jewels where you can find college kids screaming at homeless people to check their "privilege."

Truly insane.

But, she may disagree.

A comment was not so subtly (Flippantly?) directed at me so I will comment in turn to nobody in particular.

The opinion is in line with someone who may or may not think the Tiny low T proud boy gibson has some good points.

I would also add that this is the opinion of someone, much like Sean Hannity, is threatened by intelligence greater than theirs and those deemed more successful. They tend to blame others for their failures in life. If only those (fill in the blank) wouldn’t have been in the way I would have.....

I feel bad for you nobody in particular. That one bedroom apartment in some raggedy southern town isn’t what you had planned for you. I get it. You were going to do big things.

Well maybe instead of producing half baked theories that you personally know less than zero about you could try to learn about those things you fear and you might find out they aren’t all that scary. And you even might feel a bit better about yourself. Or pull harder on your bootstraps.

And I was just thinking how unbelievable the irony dripping would be of someone that worked in a sex industry, a strip club perhaps, making judgements on others parenting skills when it comes to sexual exposure to kids. Sorry I have crazy thoughts sometimes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom