Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    A onetime White House lawyer under President Donald J. Trump warned him late last year that Mr. Trump could face legal liability if he did not return government materials he had taken with him when he left office, three people familiar with the matter said.

The lawyer, Eric Herschmann, sought to impress upon Mr. Trump the seriousness of the issue and the potential for investigations and legal exposure if he did not return the documents, particularly any classified material, the people said.........

A onetime White House lawyer under President Donald J. Trump warned him late last year that Mr. Trump could face legal liability if he did not return government materials he had taken with him when he left office, three people familiar with the matter said.

The lawyer, Eric Herschmann, sought to impress upon Mr. Trump the seriousness of the issue and the potential for investigations and legal exposure if he did not return the documents, particularly any classified material, the people said.........

This is the same guy who had all the wonderful things to say about Sydney Powell and John Eastman before he told him to get a good forking lawyer. :hihi:

It still doesn't negate the fact that executive privilege is used to withhold information/documents for the other branches of government (legislative and judicial) and the public, not to withhold information from within the executive branch. Also, he's no longer the executive, he doesn't have a right or privilege to any of it.

Last edited:
    It still doesn't negate the fact that executive privilege is used to withhold information/documents for the other branches of government (legislative and judicial) and the public, not to withhold information for within the executive branch. Also, he's no longer the executive, he doesn't have a right or privilege to any of it.
    I know that and you know that. Unfortunately, there are those who know that, but don't care.

Well, the Special Master gave Trump his first big L today, telling Trump's team (in short): The government claims these documents are classified. If you do not provide proof that they were declassified, then they are classified, and we are done with that part.

"If the government gives me prima facia evidence that they are classified documents, and you don't advance any claim of declassification, I'm left with a prima facia case of classified documents, and as far as I'm concerned, that's the end of it," Dearie said.

I wonder what is the mindset of a lawyer that takes on Trump as a client. Before even taking the call they have to know that:
    • Trump will lie to them and quite possibly lie under oath.
    • Taking Trump as a client might be your last client as there is a strong chance you will either implicate yourself in a crime or be implicated by Trump in a crime
    • You will do irreparable harm to any serious career you had hoped for
    • You will be made to look like a fool by a much more talented and resourced attorney
    • You might end up sanctioned or worst.
    If it's for the money, I hope they got paid in full upfront in cash with non sequenced bills.
    Are they that desperate that this is their only shot?

E Jean Carroll, the writer who accused Donald Trump of raping her more than two decades ago, plans to file a new lawsuit against the former US president.

In a letter made public on Tuesday, a lawyer for former Elle magazine columnist said she planned to sue Trump for battery and intentional infliction of emotional distress under New York state’s Adult Survivors Act.

That law, recently signed by the governor, Kathy Hochul, gives adult accusers a one-year window to bring civil claims over alleged sexual misconduct regardless of how long ago it occurred…….

I wonder what is the mindset of a lawyer that takes on Trump as a client. Before even taking the call they have to know that:
    • Trump will lie to them and quite possibly lie under oath.
    • Taking Trump as a client might be your last client as there is a strong chance you will either implicate yourself in a crime or be implicated by Trump in a crime
    • You will do irreparable harm to any serious career you had hoped for
    • You will be made to look like a fool by a much more talented and resourced attorney
    • You might end up sanctioned or worst.
    If it's for the money, I hope they got paid in full upfront in cash with non sequenced bills.
    Are they that desperate that this is their only shot?
    You forgot one.

Trump has the complete inability to control his mouth, so he will make public statements (often contradictory) about the case that you will somehow have to craft into your defense.

New York attorney general Letitia James has said her office is set to make a “major announcement” within hours.

The state’s top lawyer has rejected at least one settlement offer from former president Donald Trump, who her office has been investigating for the past three years.

But she has given no details of why she called the press conference for 10.30am ET, to which press have been invited.

During the course of her probe into the Trump Organization, Ms James has alleged that Mr Trump inflated or devalued the value of his properties in paperwork to secure hundreds of millions of dollars in tax breaks or bank loans...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom