Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Unfortunately his supporters love him more the more unhinged he is.
    Which is literally the reason he became president.

We all know he never wanted the job, so when he started getting support, he made outlandish crazy statements to turn those people off. But, that just enflamed his base. Suddenly, he realized that if he acted crazy and said things that were ridiculous, his supporters would fawn over him…and that is the one thing he cannot turn away from.

In his first TV appearance since a court-authorized search of his Florida home last month, Donald Trump reasserted Wednesday that any documents taken from the White House to Mar-a-Lago were declassified while he was in office, adding that a president can carry that out “even by thinking about it.”

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. Prosecutors have said that about 100 of the documents taken from Mar-a-Lago were marked classified, including some labeled top secret.

“If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified,” the former president added.

“You’re the president — you make that decision.”........

In his first TV appearance since a court-authorized search of his Florida home last month, Donald Trump reasserted Wednesday that any documents taken from the White House to Mar-a-Lago were declassified while he was in office, adding that a president can carry that out “even by thinking about it.”

“There doesn’t have to be a process, as I understand it,” Trump told Fox News host Sean Hannity. Prosecutors have said that about 100 of the documents taken from Mar-a-Lago were marked classified, including some labeled top secret.

“If you’re the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying it’s declassified,” the former president added.

“You’re the president — you make that decision.”........
    [/media]

Ok....sooooo, this is bordering on true, but the border is also a huge gaping canyon.

He is 100% correct in that there is no set process for how the president declares that something is declassified. He can tell an aide, he can write up a statement, he can contact the archives, he can email the originator of the document, whatever. There is nothing that says "These are the steps the president must take in order to declassify information."

HOWEVER....

Once he decides to declassify the information, that decision must be sent out to the appropriate departments and the archives so that they can disseminate the declassification order (and typically new cover sheets) to anyone and everyone who has copies of that information. Until that has been done, and the new cover sheets are in place (or the document has been properly marked as declassified), the documents must be treated as though they are classified.

Trump is currently giving a class in why it is that information marked as classified must be treated as classified until it is marked declassified. Because, if there is a dispute about whether or not the information has been declassified, we must err on the side of caution.

Ok....sooooo, this is bordering on true, but the border is also a huge gaping canyon.

He is 100% correct in that there is no set process for how the president declares that something is declassified. He can tell an aide, he can write up a statement, he can contact the archives, he can email the originator of the document, whatever. There is nothing that says "These are the steps the president must take in order to declassify information."

HOWEVER....

Once he decides to declassify the information, that decision must be sent out to the appropriate departments and the archives so that they can disseminate the declassification order (and typically new cover sheets) to anyone and everyone who has copies of that information. Until that has been done, and the new cover sheets are in place (or the document has been properly marked as declassified), the documents must be treated as though they are classified.

Trump is currently giving a class in why it is that information marked as classified must be treated as classified until it is marked declassified. Because, if there is a dispute about whether or not the information has been declassified, we must err on the side of caution.
    Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding, the President can't just declassify every classified document. There are some items that are classified by statute and as such requires Congressional approval.

Now someone correct me if I'm wrong, but to my understanding, the President can't just declassify every classified document. There are some items that are classified by statute and as such requires Congressional approval.
    No, that's true...things like nuclear secrets (which are classified by the Atomic Energy Act), some (if not all) human controlled source information is classified by statute, and ORCON information (which can only be declassified by the original classifier). I'm sure there are others.

The President isn't the official that decided what is classified and what is not, there are procedures in place to make that determination. If trump were King or Emperor of the United States, then he would have the power to do what he claims he did, but since he ain't, dreaming about declassifying something or making decrees doesn't make it so.

Also...I wonder if the DOJ is watching these interviews he's doing. In the Hannity "I can declassify anything just by thinking about it" interview, he says "But as I understand it, there doesn't have to be....if your the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying 'it's declassified,' even by thinking about it. Because you're sending it to Mar-A-Lago, or to wherever you're sending it..."

So, that would seem like an admission that he sent classified documents to other locations as well.

1663895561143.png

Donald Trump’s legal perils have become insurmountable and could snuff out the former US president’s hopes of an election-winning comeback, according to political analysts and legal experts.

On Wednesday, Trump and three of his adult children were accused of lying to tax collectors, lenders and insurers in a “staggering” fraud scheme that routinely misstated the value of his properties to enrich themselves.

The civil lawsuit, filed by New York’s attorney general, came as the FBI investigates Trump’s holding of sensitive government documents at his Mar-a-Lago estate in Florida and a special grand jury in Georgia considers whether he and others attempted to influence state election officials after his defeat there by Joe Biden.

The former US president has repeatedly hintedthat he intends to run for the White House again in 2024. But the cascade of criminal, civil and congressional investigations could yet derail that bid.

“He’s done,said Allan Lichtman, a history professor at American University, in Washington, who has accurately predicted every presidential election since 1984.

“He’s got too many burdens, too much baggage to be able to run again even presuming he escapes jail, he escapes bankruptcy. I’m not sure he’s going to escape jail.”……

Also...I wonder if the DOJ is watching these interviews he's doing. In the Hannity "I can declassify anything just by thinking about it" interview, he says "But as I understand it, there doesn't have to be....if your the president of the United States, you can declassify just by saying 'it's declassified,' even by thinking about it. Because you're sending it to Mar-A-Lago, or to wherever you're sending it..."

So, that would seem like an admission that he sent classified documents to other locations as well.
    Peter strzok had the same observation. The intelligence damage assessment will be tough to digest.

Replevin? What is this witchery

Someone online said "Can you explain this 'writ of McLovin'?" Haha

It's basically an expedited/summary procedure to allow the owner of property to seize/recover it when it is being wrongfully held (e.g. held by someone else without a claim to it).

It appears that DOJ figured out that Navarro has federal documents as well, and they're moving to get them back.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom