Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:

Really? Just by thinking about it???

But as the 11th Cir. panel correctly pointed out - the classification issue is a red herring as to these documents and whether Trump has a possessory interest in them. Declassifying doesn't make them no longer government property.

More importantly, why hasn't he claimed in any court filing that he declassified? He goes on media and says that but he won't claim it on a verified filing. The Special Master already called bullshirt on that, and so did the 11th Cir.

Admittedly I wondered why Dearie was chosen, and some were of the conspiratorial types. Then I read an article defending him as one of the fairest jurists out there by one who worked for him. That person then suggested that the reason why the Trump team would pick him would be because he was the judge in the Carter Page FISA case. Now this confirms that argument.

He's not going to Hungary. He's deluded that he's more American than apple pie. He becomes irrelevant if he goes to Hungary . . . that's worse than jail for Trump.
    While I agree with you that his personality disorders would make it hard for him to leave, I believe he is self-aware enough to know that he's in deep trouble. That's why he flails and throws crap and garbage at everything until it sticks...as he's doing now. He's panicking.

While I agree with you that his personality disorders would make it hard for him to leave, I believe he is self-aware enough to know that he's in deep trouble. That's why he flails and throws crap and garbage at everything until it sticks...as he's doing now. He's panicking.

I don't think he ever really thinks he's in trouble.

I don't think he ever really thinks he's in trouble.
    Certainly that's the image he wants us to all believe. Though I can remember distinctly his body language after the first presidential debate with Hilary. He stood alone dejected and with two hands grasping at his podium, let out a sigh. He knew he had been destroyed, while everyone around him shook hands. Only after a few moments did he start to socialize again.

Edit: And remember that he's deeply insecure.

Yeah, same after the first debate with Biden. He walked out of the helicopter (?) into the WH with his tie undone and looking defeated. He knew he came off as totally unhinged during the debate.

Yeah, same after the first debate with Biden. He walked out of the helicopter (?) into the WH with his tie undone and looking defeated. He knew he came off as totally unhinged during the debate.

Unfortunately his supporters love him more the more unhinged he is.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom