Does Trump ever do any jail time? (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Apparently, there has been a large prosecutorial push since so many of Trump's early aids and campaign staff were acting as foreign agents, yet unregistered. It has had the effect of having people register as foreign agents much more often. There is a big case against a former Trump team member who was working for the UAE going to court right now. We should probably have a thread on it.

The DOJ has asked for an extension to secure a company to digitize the documents seized from MarALago, as none of the vendors they have contacted are willing to work with/for Trump.

The DOJ has asked for an extension to secure a company to digitize the documents seized from MarALago, as none of the vendors they have contacted are willing to work with/for Trump.

If the DOJ has already seized the documents why would anyone need to coordinate anything with Trump?

Judge Cannon not going to sit back and let the special master derail her protection of Trump.

This is ridiculous. DOJ needs to appeal on jurisdiction now.

Last edited:
    Judge Cannon not going to sit back and let the special master derail her protection of Trump.

Am I understanding this right? Cannon is allowing Trump and his team to review the seized documents before he submits a list of what he claims was planted?

Why is it ridiculous? I get that he’s full of BS, but I would think that allowing him to see what the FBI claims they seized before he says what was planted is fair. How can he say what was planted without seeing what the FBI has?

Because nothing was planted and they know that. They watched the event live on cctv.

I would guess they are simply trying to see what the FBI actually has. No just “Classified” but what it actually is. Because if the information isn’t important *anymore*, their claims of just a filing issue become a lot easier to buy if you are inclined already to believe him.

Why is it ridiculous? I get that he’s full of BS, but I would think that allowing him to see what the FBI claims they seized before he says what was planted is fair. How can he say what was planted without seeing what the FBI has?
    Because they are the ones implying documents that were seen in the released photo were planted and DJT is the plaintiff in this case, so its up to him to prove his case against the US.

Because they are the ones implying documents that were seen in the released photo were planted and DJT is the plaintiff in this case, so its up to him to prove his case against the US.
    But, even in that case, even if he is only talking about the documents in the photo...he doesn't know what the FBI says was in those folders. Without being able to review them, there is no way he can say "The PDB from this date was planted, because I did not take that," since he doesn't know which documents were there.

For example, if I was accused of stealing cars, and the police executed a search warrant and gave me a receipt saying they seized 5 cars, I couldn't say that they planted 2 of those cars without knowing exactly what cars they claim they seized from me. I could say "I only had three cars, but I couldn't provide a list of which cars they planted unless they gave me descriptions of the 5 cars they claim they seized."

So, Trump's team filed a response to the Special Master regarding the difficulties in finding a vendor to digitize the documents.

One particular line caught my eye: " In conversations between Plaintiff’s counsel and the Government regarding a data vendor, the Government mentioned that the 11,000 documents contain closer to 200,000 pages." 200,000 pages. That's what the DOJ apparently seized. For reference, this is what 200,000 pages looks like.

Attachments

• cases_large.jpg
      cases_large.jpg
      1.1 MB · Views: 102
    None of this concerns the classified documents, though, as I understand it. This is just about the other presidential records that he stole.

so he can say all the ones that will get him in trouble will conveniently be the ones that were "planted"?

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom