Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    I'd like to see him serve a term of four years. I don't care where, fancy, or not fancy, all I want to see is four years.

Protect him, no abuse, not too lonely, but four real calendar years like what often takes ten year sentence for it to yield to four actual calendar years in a typical state prison.

So sentence him for the number of years such he might serve four years.

The reason for it to be four years is because it would completely eclipse that running for president period where he might try again.

The courts can't use reasoning like I have. I can use it if I want to. I just hope it comes our so it's four years and I never have to see him run for president again. Period.

I want him to be removed from society to protect our society from him for four short years.

So how would this work?

Early July Trump is sentenced to years in prison. He can appeal and remain out on appeal which I understand can/will take months probably well into 2025

November 2024 Trump wins the election (please dear God no)

The appeals run their course and the conviction and sentence is upheld

Now what?

Precedent is that a sitting President cannot be charged. But it was private citizen Trump who was charged, tried, convicted, and sentenced

Is the sentence deferred until Jan 29 when a new prez is sworn in?

If he must serve the prison sentence must he resign the presidency? If so, can he return as president if the sentence is less than the presidential term?

If he is told you must resign and serve this sentence immediately what happens if/when he refuses?

Forcibly taken into custody? What are the responsibilities of Secret Service if someone tries that?

I have read that criminal convicts do not remain free during their appeals. IF he is sentenced to any sort of confinement, it would begin immediately.
    It's supposed to, but I suspect that won't happen here. The judge has already made more than a few exceptions precisely because he is who he is. My guess is the judge will sentence him to home confinement and rule that he'll be free until the appeals process is completed, because he's running for President and judge doesn't want to be accused of preventing Trump from campaigning. I could be completely wrong, but that's my hunch.

It's supposed to, but I suspect that won't happen here. The judge has already made more than a few exceptions precisely because he is who he is. My guess is the judge will sentence him to home confinement and rule that he'll be free until the appeals process is completed, because he's running for President and judge doesn't want to be accused of preventing Trump from campaigning. I could be completely wrong, but that's my hunch.
    Yeah, you could be correct. It would be another example of him escaping responsibility for his actions too.

That's what I'm wondering about

What happens if the appeals process is finished but he's now president?

I know for anyone else it's Go to Jail, do not pass go, do not collect $200

Will that apply in this scenario?

The two tier justice system at work. Wealthy get what they want poor get what wealthy think they deserve. Thus there is no “criminal justice system”. There is, however, a retribution system.

No, our last resort at that point in time is the use of force. The Criminal being elected amounts to a breakdown of our internal relations with our citizens. It would lead to civil war.

View this as a referendum which is before us as a nation, and it will happen, the referendum I mean, not that he'll necessarily win.

They forced it to this point, here we are. I'm not going to entertain that this is partially our fault in a shair the blame kind of way.

And It sure as hell isn't my fault that they lost their minds.

That's what I see coming.

For poor people that is true. For rich people that is almost never true.
    The one I remember best is Martha Stewart, and I read she was in prison while her appeal went forward. In fact she finished her sentence before the appeal was final.

The one I remember best is Martha Stewart, and I read she was in prison while her appeal went forward. In fact she finished her sentence before the appeal was final.
    Martha Stewart was used as a good / bad example by those in power. She wouldn't have been reeled in had she not taken a director's seat on the New York Stock Exchange.

"Stewart resigned her position, held for four months, on the board of directors of the New York Stock Exchange, following a deal prosecutors had made with Douglas Faneuil, an assistant to Bacanovic."-- wikipedia

There are some places even now where women are not welcome to be competing with men. One of them is being a "director" of that stock exchange.

It wasn't that she bought a seat, it was that she was appointed to be a director. She was more than black-balled, I think the word begins with an F.

Here's a rundown as to where the NY Stock exchange currently stands insofar as women amoung the men.

It might be she could have been a director now, but not then. No,no,no.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom