Does Trump ever do any jail time? (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    They would have to change the law/rules or make an exception for that to happen though. I can't see that happening tbh. If they remove his SS detail and he gets whacked, the conspiracy theories and everything else would get a hell of a lot more oxygen. It's bad enough as it is. I really hope he croaks before all that happens.
    What laws and rules would have to be changed for Trump to be held on a military base or in a government safe house with the standard SS detail protecting him in that location?

What laws and rules would have to be changed for Trump to be held on a military base or in a government safe house with the standard SS detail protecting him in that location?
    Can't see an issue with that. As long as he has the required SS protection and it's a secure location, I don't see a problem there.

At Donald Trump’s arraignment last Thursday for trying to overturn the result of the 2020 election, the magistrate judge Moxila A Upadhyaya warned him that he could be taken into custody if he violated the conditions of his release, including attempting to influence jurors or intimidate future witnesses.

Calling him “Mr Trump” rather than President Trump – thereby emphasizing that he was being treated as any criminal defendant would be treated – she said:

“I want to remind you that it is a crime to try to influence a juror or to threaten or attempt to bribe a witness or any other person who may have information about your case, or to retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution, or to otherwise obstruct the administration of justice.”

The judge then warned Trump: “You have heard your conditions of release. It is important you comply. You may be held pending trial in this case if you violate the conditions of release.”

She asked Trump: “Do you understand these warnings and consequence, sir? Are you prepared to comply?”

Trump responded: “Yes.”

But not 24 hours later, Trump posted on social media a message that could be understood as an attempt to influence potential jurors or retaliate against any witness prepared to testify against him: He wrote: “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

On Friday evening, prosecutors from the office of special counsel Jack Smith asked the court for a protective order to stop Trump from making public any of the information they were about to deliver to his lawyers under the discovery phase of the upcoming criminal trial, such as the names of witnesses who will testify against him.

They noted that such protection was “particularly important” because Trump “has previously issued public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys and others associated with legal matters pending against him”................

These statements directly violate the conditions of Trump’s release pending trial.

They also could inflame Trump supporters, thereby endangering those who are trying to administer justice, such as Smith and Chutkan, as well as potential witnesses like Pence.

It’s going to get a lot worse unless Chutkan – on her own initiative or at the urging of prosecutors – orders Trump’s lawyers to show cause why his release pending trial should not be revoked, in light of his repeated violation of the conditions of his release.

This would at least put Trump on notice that he will be treated like any other criminal defendant who violates conditions of release pending trial.

That’s what the rule of law is all about.

At this moment, about 400,000 criminal defendants are in jail in the United States awaiting trial because they didn’t meet a condition of their release.

Trump is now under the supervision of the court, as would be any criminal defendant after an arraignment.

But he will continue to test the willingness and ability of the court to treat him like any other criminal defendant unless he’s reined in...........

At Donald Trump’s arraignment last Thursday for trying to overturn the result of the 2020 election, the magistrate judge Moxila A Upadhyaya warned him that he could be taken into custody if he violated the conditions of his release, including attempting to influence jurors or intimidate future witnesses.

Calling him “Mr Trump” rather than President Trump – thereby emphasizing that he was being treated as any criminal defendant would be treated – she said:

“I want to remind you that it is a crime to try to influence a juror or to threaten or attempt to bribe a witness or any other person who may have information about your case, or to retaliate against anyone for providing information about your case to the prosecution, or to otherwise obstruct the administration of justice.”

The judge then warned Trump: “You have heard your conditions of release. It is important you comply. You may be held pending trial in this case if you violate the conditions of release.”

She asked Trump: “Do you understand these warnings and consequence, sir? Are you prepared to comply?”

Trump responded: “Yes.”

But not 24 hours later, Trump posted on social media a message that could be understood as an attempt to influence potential jurors or retaliate against any witness prepared to testify against him: He wrote: “IF YOU GO AFTER ME, I’M COMING AFTER YOU!”

On Friday evening, prosecutors from the office of special counsel Jack Smith asked the court for a protective order to stop Trump from making public any of the information they were about to deliver to his lawyers under the discovery phase of the upcoming criminal trial, such as the names of witnesses who will testify against him.

They noted that such protection was “particularly important” because Trump “has previously issued public statements on social media regarding witnesses, judges, attorneys and others associated with legal matters pending against him”................

These statements directly violate the conditions of Trump’s release pending trial.

They also could inflame Trump supporters, thereby endangering those who are trying to administer justice, such as Smith and Chutkan, as well as potential witnesses like Pence.

It’s going to get a lot worse unless Chutkan – on her own initiative or at the urging of prosecutors – orders Trump’s lawyers to show cause why his release pending trial should not be revoked, in light of his repeated violation of the conditions of his release.

This would at least put Trump on notice that he will be treated like any other criminal defendant who violates conditions of release pending trial.

That’s what the rule of law is all about.

At this moment, about 400,000 criminal defendants are in jail in the United States awaiting trial because they didn’t meet a condition of their release.

Trump is now under the supervision of the court, as would be any criminal defendant after an arraignment.

But he will continue to test the willingness and ability of the court to treat him like any other criminal defendant unless he’s reined in...........

Since we know Trump will continue to post things about the case, I think the only way to assure a fair trial is to jail Trump. You can’t just take away his social media, because he will also violate prohibited activity at his rallies. I don’t envy the judge. This is an extremely tough decision because of the implications. It would be unprecedented, but Trump forces unprecedented enforcement actions. Does anyone see any other way this can go down?

This is an extremely tough decision because of the implications. It would be unprecedented, but Trump forces unprecedented enforcement actions. Does anyone see any other way this can go down?
    When it comes to the rule of law, judges can't nor should they be swayed based on how a segment of the population might react especially if it's a threat of a terroristic nature. The current unethical supreme court could not have cared less about public reaction to their decision to overturn Roe. So too must Judge Chutkan in this case.

I'd say that the US is better off with Trump in jail rather than allowing him to do increasing damage being allowed to say and do whatever he wants and thumbing his nose at the rule of law. The federal government should publicly put local law enforcement on alert and also make it known that all means available to the government will be used to quell any violence from Trump supporters with extreme prejudice. Doing anything else sends a signal that we, as a government, will bend a knee to domestic terrorists.

Since we know Trump will continue to post things about the case, I think the only way to assure a fair trial is to jail Trump. You can’t just take away his social media, because he will also violate prohibited activity at his rallies. I don’t envy the judge. This is an extremely tough decision because of the implications. It would be unprecedented, but Trump forces unprecedented enforcement actions. Does anyone see any other way this can go down?
    Dude is trying to make himself a political martyr and spark a civil war. He could care less about anything else.

I'm sure part of him wants exactly this

Nothing will supercharge his base's rage and re-engaging those who thought they had moved past Trump than jailing him before the trial, while he's campaigning for president

so he keeps on poking the bear, thinking he's the 6%

Trump's trying to get them to gag him.

Begging them to.

Without being persecuted, he can't be a martyr. His followers won't die for a guy who was found guilty in a trial. He will be viewed as beaten and weak.

They will turn their moonshine stills into bombs and strap it in their pickup if they think he is sent by god.

Begging them to.

Without being persecuted, he can't be a martyr. His followers won't die for a guy who was found guilty in a trial. He will be viewed as beaten and weak.

They will turn their moonshine stills into bombs and strap it in their pickup if they think he is sent by god.

As long as they hit a pothole in the driveway and turn it into a crater, I am fine with that.

Begging them to.

I think that a vast majority will die for him no matter what. Yeah, the whole martyr bullschlitz helps but there is a large percentage that don’t care. He is their god and that is all that matters.

I'm sure part of him wants exactly this

Nothing will supercharge his base's rage and re-engaging those who thought they had moved past Trump than jailing him before the trial, while he's campaigning for president

so he keeps on poking the bear, thinking he's the 6%

IMHO, the power of a martyr is vastly overrated. How many marches has MLK led lately? Has Gandhi been organizing any hunger strikes? How many Catholics even remember the names of their many martyrs?

It's 2023, stick Trump in jail, take away his cell phone, shut him the F up and in a few months, The Base will have forgotten about him.

IMHO, the power of a martyr is vastly overrated. How many marches has MLK led lately? Has Gandhi been organizing any hunger strikes? How many Catholics even remember the names of their many martyrs?

It's 2023, stick Trump in jail, take away his cell phone, shut him the F up and in a few months, The Base will have forgotten about him.
    I think short term, martyrs have a huge impact and it's gonna be painful for a while. But I'd say a year later then the impact is less. The problem is, this is a different breed of people. Their bat-sheet crazy thinking isn't going away and they'll start looking for the next Trump. So, idk.

I agree though. Put the traitor in jail and let the chips fall where they may.

Their bat-sheet crazy thinking isn't going away and they'll start looking for the next Trump.

Yup, the problem is less Trump and more the millions that worship him....that is not going away (even after, hopefully, Trump is sent away).....

Yup, the problem is less Trump and more the millions that worship him....that is not going away (even after, hopefully, Trump is sent away).....
    The only way to truly neuter them is to remove the power they have. What has to happen is the Republican Party has to see it's not worth courting those votes if enough people quit voting for the GOP. Once the party realizes the right wing nuts have outlived their usefulness, they'll have to pivot or remain a party without power.

Dude is trying to make himself a political martyr and spark a civil war. He could care less about anything else.

This was from 2016

dt-gaffe-025jpg-42a68820a6c9cc8a.jpg

Former President Donald Trump has been indicted on 91 federal and state charges in total after being indicted for the fourth time Monday in Fulton County, Georgia, facing a range of felony charges that all carry potential prison sentences that add up to a potential maximum sentence of 717.5 years in prison, though Trump is highly unlikely to face that much time.

Manhattan – 136 Years Maximum: Trump was charged with 34 counts of falsifying business records in the first degree in his first indictment in Manhattan, stemming from “hush money” payments made during his 2016 campaign, which as a class “E” felony under New York law carries a maximum four-year prison sentence for each count if convicted.

Trump could face over 100 years in prison if he were convicted of every charge in that case, but legal experts suggest it’s unlikely he’ll face any prison time at all in this case as a first-time offender.

Classified Documents – 450 Years Maximum:Trump faces 40 federal charges after being indicted for bringing White House documents back to Mar-A-Lago with him and allegedly trying to obstruct the Justice Department’s investigation into them, including 32 counts of willful retention of national security documents, six counts related to obstruction and two counts for scheme to conceal and making false statements.

That could result in 450 years maximum imprisonment, based on the willful retention charges each carrying up to 10 years in prison, the obstruction charges carrying potential 20-year penalties and the false statement charges carrying potentially five years each.

Federal Election Investigation – 55 Years Maximum: Trump was charged with four felony counts as part of the Justice Department’s investigation into his efforts to overturn the 2020 election, including conspiracy to defraud the U.S., obstruction, conspiracy to obstruct an official proceeding and conspiracy against rights, a 19th century law that criminalizes when two or more people “conspire to injure, oppress, threaten, or intimidate” any Americans “in the free exercise or enjoyment of any right or privilege” they’re afforded under the Constitution or federal law.

Those charges could result in more than 50 years in prison if Trump were convicted of all counts, based on maximum sentences of five years for conspiracy to defraud, 20 years for each obstruction charge and 10 years for conspiracy against rights.

Fulton County – 76.5 Years Maximum: Trump was indicted on 13 state charges in Fulton County for trying to overturn Georgia’s 2020 election—part of 41 total counts brought against 19 defendants—including charges for racketeering (known as RICO charges), solicitation of violation of oath by a public officer, conspiracy to commit impersonating a public officer, conspiracy to commit forgery in the first degree, false statements and writings, conspiracy to commit false statements and writings, filing false documents and conspiracy to commit filing false documents.

Trump could spend more than 70 years in prison if he were convicted on all counts, based on maximum sentences of 20 years for racketeering, three years for solicitation (three counts), 2.5 years for conspiracy to impersonate a public officer, 7.5 years for forgery conspiracy (two counts), five years for false statements (two counts), 2.5 years for conspiracy to commit false statements (two counts), 10 years for filing false documents and five years for conspiracy to file false documents.

CONTRA​

While all of the crimes Trump’s been indicted for do carry possible prison sentences, most do not carry mandatory sentences if convicted and can also potentially be punishable by a fine. Criminal solicitationand forgery in Georgia are the only charges against Trump in which the statutes don’t specify it can be punishable by a fine instead.…….

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom