Does Trump ever do any jail time? (17 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
If convicted in any of the three criminal cases he is now facing, Donald Trump may be able to influence whether he goes to prison and what his stay there looks like under a law that allows former U.S. presidents to keep Secret Service protection for life, some current and former U.S. officials said.

Presidents since 1965 have been afforded lifetime protection. Since then, only Richard M. Nixon has waived it, as a cost-saving move for taxpayers 11 years after his resignation.

But unless he follows Nixon’s example, Trump could force politically and logistically complex questions over whether officials should detail agents to protect a former American president behind bars, leave it to prison authorities to keep him safe, or secure him under some type of home confinement, former U.S. officials said.

Could Trump face prison? “Theoretically, yes and practically, no,” said Chuck Rosenberg, a former top federal prosecutor and counsel to then-FBI Director James B. Comey. Rosenberg served briefly as head of the Drug Enforcement Administration in the Trump administration and notably said the president had “condoned police misconduct” in remarking to officers in Long Island that they need not protect suspects’ heads when loading them into police vehicles.

“Any federal district judge ought to understand it raises enormous and unprecedented logistical issues,” Rosenberg said of the prospect Trump could be incarcerated. “Probation, fines, community service and home confinement are all alternatives.”……

The question is an open one at the U.S. Secret Service. Asked whether a former president who does not waive protection can be incarcerated, agency spokesman Anthony Guglielmi said, “The Secret Service does not have a comment or response, only because there is no such policy or procedure that currently exists.”

“We won’t have any further comment,” added Marsha Espinosa, spokeswoman for the Secret Service’s parent agency, the Department of Homeland Security.
How do you imprison a former president?

Former and current Secret Service agents said that while there is no precedent, they feel certain the agency would insist on providing some form of 24/7 protection to an imprisoned former president. And, they say, the agency is probably planning for that possibility, seeking to match to some degree its normal practice of rotating three daily shifts of at least one or two agents providing close proximity protection.

“This question keeps getting raised, yet no official answers” from the Secret Service, said Jonathan Wackrow, a former Secret Service agent and now chief operating officer for Teneo Risk, a corporate advisory and communications firm.

“However, we can infer how security measures could be implemented based on existing protective protocols. Unless there are changes in legislation or the former president waives protection, the U.S. Secret Service would likely maintain a protective environment around the president in accordance with their current practices.”

Current and former agents said Trump’s detail would coordinate their protection work with the Federal Bureau of Prisons to ensure there was no conflict about duties or about how they would handle emergencies, as well as the former president’s routine movements in a prison — such as heading to exercise or meals.

The Secret Service, they said, would maintain a bubble around Trump in any case, keeping him at a distance from other inmates.

“In some ways, protection may be easier — the absence of travel means logistics get easier and confinement means that the former president’s location is always known,” Wackrow said. “Theoretically, the perimeter is well fortified — no one is worried about someone breaking into jail.”…….

Stick him in a solitary confinement wing with no other prisoners. Post some of his SS detail inside and the rest outside. Don't allow anyone into the cell except for approved visitors and his SS detail.

Or send him to a military prison with his SS detail having the same control over access to him. Guantanamo Bay comes to mind.

Or let's get 18th century on his arse by confining him to the brig of a US Navy nuclear submarine with his SS detail having the same access control over him and never let him set foot on US soil again.

The point, incarcerating Trump post-conviction with a SS detail is not as difficult or complicated as some people are making it out to be.

Last edited:
The guy who pretends to be Jack Smith on Twitter - who does seem to be a lawyer - says that he doesn’t think it’s smart to try to revoke his bail. It would most certainly set off a wave of objections and appeals that would probably go all the way to SCOTUS, delaying the trial by months. That’s just what Trump wants to happen. Plus imagine how his cult would step up their donations and/or possible violence. So he thinks Jack just ignores this crap.

If convicted, I do think Trump should go to prison. It’s definitely doable.

Stick him in a solitary confinement wing with no other prisoners. Post some of his SS detail inside and the rest outside. Don't allow anyone into the cell except for approved visitors and his SS detail.

Or send him to a military prison with his SS detail having the same control over access to him. Guantanamo Bay comes to mind.

Or let's get 18th century on his arse by confining him to the brig of a US Navy nuclear submarine with his SS detail having the same access control over him and never let him set foot on US soil again.

The point, incarcerating Trump post-conviction with a SS detail is not as difficult or complicated as some people are making it out to be.
I think it’s simpler.

House arrest. In a small one bedroom apartment in a random city, in the downtown area so there is plenty of ambient noise.

One, or maybe two supervised visitors each week for a couple of hours each. Basic cable TV, and limited phone/internet (again, monitored).

I think it’s simpler.

House arrest. In a small one bedroom apartment in a random city, in the downtown area so there is plenty of ambient noise.

One, or maybe two supervised visitors each week for a couple of hours each. Basic cable TV, and limited phone/internet (again, monitored).
A convicted criminal has no need for or right to internet access.

Tbh, I'd be fine with him being under house arrest at a secure, secluded location. As long as there's no contact with the outside world. There would need to be a stipulation of no direct contact with the media. No interviews, no contact with his minions etc.

Only visitation allowed from his legal team and his immediate family members, meaning Melania, his kids and grandkids and their spouses. All of it supervised of course.

Man, Ann Coulter has been asking too much sense for my liking lately, lol. I think Trump had to have dissed her at some point.

I think the Coulter would have been perfectly happy to have Trump in office if he was re-elected or if he made “we’ll win next time“ noises.

Tbh, I'd be fine with him being under house arrest at a secure, secluded location. As long as there's no contact with the outside world. There would need to be a stipulation of no direct contact with the media. No interviews, no contact with his minions etc.

Only visitation allowed from his legal team and his immediate family members, meaning Melania, his kids and grandkids and their spouses. All of it supervised of course.

We’re on the same page

Does it have to be his house?

Serving house arrest at your multi million dollar estate isn’t much of a punishment

Can’t it be like super deep witness protection?

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere, no frills, no comfort creatures, no tv, no internet, no social media, no visitors, no one in or out but secret service

Tons of surveillance

He needs to go to jail, yeah?

2 Hours after that tweet, The Trump campaign launched a video with names and videos of all the procecuters by name, defaming and talking about them in a very threatening and intimidating way

And then there is this

https://www.rollingstone.com/politi...ndictment-jan6-justice-department-1234800968/

DONALD TRUMP IS a long, long way from winning the GOP primary, let alone retaking the White House. But he always has revenge on his mind, and his allies are preparing to use a future administration to not only undo all of Special Counsel Jack Smith’s work — but to take vengeance on Smith, and on virtually everyone else, who dared investigate Trump during his time out of power.

Rosters full of MAGAfied lawyers are being assembled. Plans are being laid for an entire new office of the Justice Department dedicated to “election integrity.” An assembly line is being prepared of revenge-focused “special counsels” and “special prosecutors.” Gameplans for making Smith’s life hell, starting in Jan. 2025, have already been discussed with Trump himself. And a fresh wave of pardons is under consideration for Trump associates, election deniers, and — the former president boasts — for Jan. 6 rioters.

I think it’s simpler.

It would have to be a US Marshalls or other agency secret safe house, otherwise it would make Trump a sitting target for the Secret Service to protect. It would be a lot easier to protect him if he was isolated in a prison or military base.

It would have to be a US Marshalls or other agency secret safe house, otherwise it would make Trump a sitting target for the Secret Service to protect. It would be a lot easier to protect him if he was isolated in a prison or military base.
They would have to change the law/rules or make an exception for that to happen though. I can't see that happening tbh. If they remove his SS detail and he gets whacked, the conspiracy theories and everything else would get a hell of a lot more oxygen. It's bad enough as it is. I really hope he croaks before all that happens.

They would have to change the law/rules or make an exception for that to happen though. I can't see that happening tbh. If they remove his SS detail and he gets whacked, the conspiracy theories and everything else would get a hell of a lot more oxygen. It's bad enough as it is. I really hope he croaks before all that happens.
I think they could retrofit an abandoned prison or jail somewhere. I agree he can’t be with other prisoners, and the Secret Service needs to be able to defend the location. It wouldn’t have to be a big facility. I am definitely in favor of incarceration of some sort, lol.

man, having the job to guard a former president is probably a pretty good gig. but man, that would turn into a crap job pretty quick sitting around a jail cell all day..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom