Does Trump ever do any jail time? (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    Well..Jim Jordan has made it clear how far he is willing to go to protect Trump. After Bragg sent a response to Jordan’s committee stating, in effect, “This is a state matter, so stay out of it.” Jordan and Comer sent him a response. This response stated, directly, that if Bragg did not cooperate with them, they would blatantly violate the 10th amendment. They would draft legislation to prevent any state or local officials from prosecuting a former president.

The letter says that the judiciary committee “must now consider whether to draft legislation that would, if enacted, insulate current and former presidents from such improper state and local prosecutions.”

Speaking of Jim Jordan and his attempts to protect Trump, I found this quite interesting, particularly the accompanying YouTube video.

The congressional right, while complaining about the weaponizing of government, are attempting to do just that.

What constitutes obstruction in this case? Does trying to have the prosecuting attorney investigated by Congress qualify?

What constitutes obstruction in this case? Does trying to have the prosecuting attorney investigated by Congress qualify?

You would have to look at the elements of obstruction in New York but I don't think that's obstruction. Bragg is already being "investigated" by a House committee but the U.S. House of Representatives doesn't have jurisdiction over the Manhattan DA and apart from the Gym Jordan circus, there's nothing these people can do to influence the process - at least not as a matter of jurisdiction.

Now, if there was something more concrete, a specific plan to illegally influence or undermine the process that would likely be a different situation.

Hey @superchuck500 - I know the indictments haven't been released yet, but what do you think about the rumors that the prosecutors are trying to elevate the charge of falsfying business records from a misdemeanor because it was used to cover up another crime (in this case campaign finance laws being broken)?

Who? Biden? or Trump? I think both should remain one-term presidents. It's a travesty, but a lot of people still want to re-elect Trump. And honestly, Biden is too old. I cannot possibly get excited about 2024 if its these 2 again. 2 old white men after the previous 2 presidential races?? So meh.
    I understand the age concern, but why does it matter if they are white men? I get sick of hearing people saying that. If they're the best options, then it shouldn't matter if they are blue men.

Trump said this an hour ago there:

"These Thugs and Radical Left Monsters have just INDICATED the 45th President of the United States of America, and the leading Republican Candidate, by far, for the 2024 Nomination for President. THIS IS AN ATTACK ON OUR COUNTRY THE LIKES OF WHICH HAS NEVER BEEN SEEN BEFORE. IT IS LIKEWISE A CONTINUING ATTACK ON OUR ONCE FREE AND FAIR ELECTIONS. THE USA IS NOW A THIRD WORLD NATION, A NATION IN SERIOUS DECLINE. SO SAD"

I feel like dancing in the street. Except I have no street.
    Front lawn works just as well. If no front lawn then there is always the living room.

Sadly, no matter how guilty Trump is, it will be almost impossible to convict Trump of a felony, because there will probably be at least one Trump cultist on any jury in America, and even 1 no vote will prevent conviction. Maybe he could get convicted in the January 6th, but I'm not even sure his cult would care, and I think some want him to overthrow democracy, so ironically, it may be democracy that protects Trump.

Sadly, no matter how guilty Trump is, it will be almost impossible to convict Trump of a felony, because of there will probably be at least one Trump cultist on any jury in America. Maybe he could get convicted in the January 6th, but I'm not even sure his cult would care, and I think some want him to overthrow democracy, so ironically, it may be democracy that protects Trump.
    I think you are overestimating the number of Trump cultists. They are probably actually only about 20% of the general population, and that’s probably generous. In Manhattan they will have trouble finding enough people who don’t hate Trump to sit on the jury n

I think you are overestimating the number of Trump cultists. They are probably actually only about 20% of the general population, and that’s probably generous. In Manhattan they will have trouble finding enough people who don’t hate Trump to sit on the jury n
    I've heard people calling in to radio shows from Manhattan that love Trump. Even in Manhattan, I think about 10% of the people are under Trump's spell. Granted, Manhattan may be the place with the fewest Trump cultists, but it is highly likely that one of the 12 jurors will be a secret Trumpist that will hide his devotion to Trump to get on the jury to save his lord and savior.

I understand the age concern, but why does it matter if they are white men? I get sick of hearing people saying that. If they're the best options, then it shouldn't matter if they are blue men.

Using just a singular adjective doesn't scan as well. Not that you're wrong at all.

So with 2 impeachments, a 34-count criminal indictment, and an insurrection, we can safely say that Donald Trump is the worst president in American history, right?
    I’ve been of that opinion since at least the 2nd year of his term. But yes, I don’t know how that can be seriously debated at this point.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom