Does Trump ever do any jail time? (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Optimus Prime

Reaction score
    Everything I've seen and heard says that the split second Donald Trump is no longer president there will be flood of charges waiting for him

And if he resigns and Pence pardons him there are a ton of state charges as an understudy waiting in the wings if the fed charges can't perform

What do you think the likelihood of there being a jail sentence?

In every movie and TV show I've ever seen, in every political thriller I've ever read about a criminal and corrupt president there is ALWAYS some version of;

"We can't do that to the country",

"A trial would tear the country apart",

"For the nation to heal we need to move on" etc.

Would life imitate art?

Even with the charges, even with the proof the charges are true will the powers that be decide, "we can't do that to the country"?

Last edited:
    So with 2 impeachments, a 34-count criminal indictment, and an insurrection, we can safely say that Donald Trump is the worst president in American history, right?

I'd have thought it impossible to top the Trail of Tears, but damned if Trump hasn't managed it.

Pence: The case I haven't seen or know nothing about against the guy who tried to have me killed is an "outrage" and "tenuous at best."

So freaking sad. This raging coward actually thinks he should be president. Ha

One of the most bizarre cowards in history IMO. A real Christian family values type according to him yet, the clown who puts not just him, but his family in danger? Does he confront him or go after him? No....he defends him.....just utter insanity.....

Trump is already attacking the judge, the same one that presided over the Allen Weisselberg trial.

It’s one thing to attack a judge presiding over a federal policy question case when you’re the president - crude and unfortunate but not necessarily idiotic.

Attacking the judge in your criminal proceeding where you’re the defendant is wildly idiotic.

Last edited:
    I've been listening to some people complaining and questioning whether anyone else would be charged, but I think what is lost in this sentiment is that another person has been serving jail time, at least in part, for being an accomplice to the crime. For the sake of fairness, the co-conspirators should also serve jail time.

Last edited:
    Hey @superchuck500 - I know the indictments haven't been released yet, but what do you think about the rumors that the prosecutors are trying to elevate the charge of falsfying business records from a misdemeanor because it was used to cover up another crime (in this case campaign finance laws being broken)?

I’m no lawyer, but it would seem clear to me that Cohen being prosecuted and going to jail for the campaign finance violations would show that the payments WERE a crime, so that would support the felony upgrade.

Unless Trumps attorneys somehow tried to argue that the payments that Trump made were separate from the payment that Cohen made.

I’ve been thinking about Disantis’ tweet saying that he would block any attempts to extradite Trump. I just realized how smart that tweet was.

If Trump was going to turn himself in, and does so, DiSantis looks good in the MAGAverse because he was willing to protect Trump.

If Trump was going to go full-on spectacle, and remain in Florida so the FBI would have to come get him and he could play up being a victim of the corrupt Biden DOJ, DiSantis tweet took that option away from him.

I’ve been thinking about Disantis’ tweet saying that he would block any attempts to extradite Trump. I just realized how smart that tweet was.

If Trump was going to turn himself in, and does so, DiSantis looks good in the MAGAverse because he was willing to protect Trump.

If Trump was going to go full-on spectacle, and remain in Florida so the FBI would have to come get him and he could play up being a victim of the corrupt Biden DOJ, DiSantis tweet took that option away from him.
    I think it is smart among MAGAverse, but the further DeSantis goes down that verse, the less appealing he'll be to independents, so it will hurt his chances of being elected in the general. I think the MAGAverse is shrinking, so I hope DeSantis keeps going full MAGA.

P.S. I wonder if blue states will use the same ploy to refuse to extradite abortion cases to red states?

Read that Trump's poll numbers and fundraising are both up after the indictment

I'm sure after the arraignment it will go up again

Read that Trump's poll numbers and fundraising are both up after the indictment

I'm sure after the arraignment it will go up again
    There have been lot's of predictions that Trump's poll numbers would get a bump, but I think they'll dip again when people realize that he actually committed the crime. Many people don't pay attention, and think he's just being picked on. Also, I think this will hurt him in the general election, because I think most true independents care about the rule of law. I think only his MAGA base will vote for him no matter what he does.

It’s one thing to attack a judge presiding over a federal policy question case when you’re the president - crude and unfortunate but not necessarily idiotic.

Attacking the judge in your proceeding where you’re the defendant is wildly idiotic.

Because Trump can't keep is trap shut and keeps making threats, the judge will be forced to put a gag order on Trump and his lawyers from discussing the prosecutors, judge, jury or case.

I look forward to seeing what happens when Trump violates that gag order.

I think it is smart among MAGAverse, but the further DeSantis goes down that verse, the less appealing he'll be to independents, so it will hurt his chances of being elected in the general. I think the MAGAverse is shrinking, so I hope DeSantis keeps going full MAGA.

P.S. I wonder if blue states will use the same ploy to refuse to extradite abortion cases to red states?
    I think it would be a different situation in that campaign finance fraud is illegal in every state and the country and nationally. There is no national prohibition on abortion. It would be like Louisiana trying to charge a resident, who flew to Colorado and bought and smoked weed while in Colorado, with illegally buying and possessing weed (i think)

Because Trump can't keep is trap shut and keeps making threats, the judge will be forced to put a gag order on Trump and his lawyers from discussing the prosecutors, judge, jury or case.

I look forward to seeing what happens when Trump violates that gag order.
    My thought is his minions will use the gag order as proof the judge is biased against Trump.

My thought is his minions will use the gag order as proof the judge is biased against Trump.

True. But that won't really matter.

Plus, they'll use everything as proof the judge, prosecutor, jury pool, etc. is biased against Trump. They've done that so much already with everything, it's already become the boy (or sycophants) who cried wolf and is easily dismissed.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom