Democrat Tracker (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SaintForLife

Reaction score
    This isnt deserving of it's own thread, but we dont have a thread for general Democrat subjects.

I almost thought this was a joke:

WASHINGTON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Representative Jamaal Bowman faced investigation on Sunday, the morning after he pulled a fire alarm in the Capitol complex as his party was trying to delay a key vote, prompting an evacuation of a congressional office building.

A still image released by the Capitol Police on Saturday showed Bowman, who represents parts of New York City and its immediate suburbs, activating the fire alarm near the exit to an office building which houses congressional offices.

Police said they were investigating the incident, as is the House Administration Committee, a Republican-controlled congressional panel that overseas the House grounds.

Bowman, in a statement, admitted to pulling the fire alarm, which he said he regretted, but disputed that he did so to delay the vote, as many Republicans asserted.

The House was about to vote on a bipartisan bill to keep the government open for 45 days and avoid a shutdown. The bill ultimately passed with near-unanimous Democratic support but, at the moment, Democrats were scrambling to buy time to read the bill, which Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy had just unveiled.

Can anyone explain why Bowman pulled the fire alarm and why did he and his supporters lie about it?

WASHINGTON, Oct 1 (Reuters) - Democratic U.S. Representative Jamaal Bowman faced investigation on Sunday, the morning after he pulled a fire alarm in the Capitol complex as his party was trying to delay a key vote, prompting an evacuation of a congressional office building.

A still image released by the Capitol Police on Saturday showed Bowman, who represents parts of New York City and its immediate suburbs, activating the fire alarm near the exit to an office building which houses congressional offices.

Police said they were investigating the incident, as is the House Administration Committee, a Republican-controlled congressional panel that overseas the House grounds.

Bowman, in a statement, admitted to pulling the fire alarm, which he said he regretted, but disputed that he did so to delay the vote, as many Republicans asserted.

The House was about to vote on a bipartisan bill to keep the government open for 45 days and avoid a shutdown. The bill ultimately passed with near-unanimous Democratic support but, at the moment, Democrats were scrambling to buy time to read the bill, which Republican House Speaker Kevin McCarthy had just unveiled.

Can anyone explain why Bowman pulled the fire alarm and why did he and his supporters lie about it?
    Was the vote delayed?

I don't know. What he did was dumb and he paid the maximum fine and issued a written apology as part of a deal to drop the charges.

Idk what exactly his supporters are lying about though. What lies are you referring to?

I don't know. What he did was dumb and he paid the maximum fine and issued a written apology as part of a deal to drop the charges.

Idk what exactly his supporters are lying about though. What lies are you referring to?
    He said he did it because that door is normally open through the week, and he usually goes that way. He saw the sign, which said ‘emergency exit - pull alarm door will open’ or something similar. He pulled the alarm. He said he was embarrassed by not thinking about it before he pulled the alarm.

I don’t know how the video shows that he was lying. He goes up to the door, moves the sign and pulls the alarm. That is exactly what he said he did, as far as I know. It wasn’t very bright but there is zero evidence that he was trying to delay the vote. I don’t know where the whole narrative that he was trying to delay the vote came from, but it didn’t work. As you said, it was in a totally different building.

It’s all incredibly stupid. It’s hard to believe any sentient person would equate what he did with the insurrection. Just amazingly ignorant.

He said he did it because that door is normally open through the week, and he usually goes that way. He saw the sign, which said ‘emergency exit - pull alarm door will open’ or something similar. He pulled the alarm. He said he was embarrassed by not thinking about it before he pulled the alarm.

I don’t know how the video shows that he was lying. He goes up to the door, moves the sign and pulls the alarm. That is exactly what he said he did, as far as I know. It wasn’t very bright but there is zero evidence that he was trying to delay the vote. I don’t know where the whole narrative that he was trying to delay the vote came from, but it didn’t work. As you said, it was in a totally different building.

It’s all incredibly stupid. It’s hard to believe any sentient person would equate what he did with the insurrection. Just amazingly ignorant.
    I will say that the video is weird. He removes both signs and pulls the alarm and walks away from the door rather than going out. I'm not convinced he intended to go through that door to go vote. So I'm not entirely buying the story. Had he actually left the building through the door, I'd be inclined to agree with his story.

That said, the max fine and apology I can live with.

I will say that the video is weird. He removes both signs and pulls the alarm and walks away from the door rather than going out. I'm not convinced he intended to go through that door to go vote. So I'm not entirely buying the story. Had he actually left the building through the door, I'd be inclined to agree with his story.

That said, the max fine and apology I can live with.
    Yeah, but my guess is he was taken aback when the alarms sounded and embarrassed like he said he was. I think I might have turned around too, to be honest, in that situation.

The idea that pulling this particular alarm would delay a vote in a different building is just nonsensical. I don’t think he thought it would do that.

Yeah, but my guess is he was taken aback when the alarms sounded and embarrassed like he said he was. I think I might have turned around too, to be honest, in that situation.

The idea that pulling this particular alarm would delay a vote in a different building is just nonsensical. I don’t think he thought it would do that.
    I don't really understand what he thought would happen when pulling an alarm. I don't think he was trying to do anything related to the vote, but what he did actually do is a head-scratcher for sure.

Can you address any of the responses to you immediately before this or are you just going to drop random crap without addressing people who take the time to respond to you?

Bowman and his supporters claim it was an accident that he opened the door, but the video released clearly showed that wasn't the case.

Bowman and his supporters claim it was an accident that he opened the door, but the video released clearly showed that wasn't the case.
    Not exactly. He claimed it was a mistake - that he misunderstood the sign, and thought he had to pull the alarm to get the door to open. So him moving the sign and then pulling the alarm actually fits with what I read was his explanation. It was stupid and he said he was embarrassed. It didn’t and couldn’t have delayed the vote. This whole idea that he was trying to delay the vote is extremely flimsy.

Did you see this? People are correct that anti-Semitism is now rampant on Twitter and being encouraged by Musk.

I see yall are back to the disgusting practice of trying to link prominent people to murders or their thoughts and writings. There is one example where the left and media didn't try to do that even recently.

By the left's and the media's logic, shouldn't we link the Nashville shooter to Biden and many democrats who used similar language? I noticed that thread I posted was pretty quiet about what the manifesto said. The few that posted in there only said something about gun laws or crying that I posted it at all. So should we link Biden and the Democrats language to the Nashville shooter?

In regards to Musk, I know the left and you as well are obsessed with Musk since he bought Twitter and the left and the media lost their censorship apparatus. You guys hang on his every post looking for something to complain about. I don't see the antisemitism. Is every criticism of Isreal or Irealis considered antisemitism? I know the ADL calls any political opinion they don't like as antisemitism sort of like the left does with misinformation.

Last edited:
    SFL: Pointing out that Elon is agreeing with the conspiracy theory espoused by a mass shooter isn’t “linking” anyone to anything. It’s a simple fact.

The anti-Semitism is in the post Elon agreed with. If you cannot see that, then you will never see anti-Semitism anywhere at all. It specifially wasn’t talking about Israelis, but Western Jews.

And what kind of idiot thinks the ADL attacks the “majority of the West”? One who thinks the majority of the West is anti-Semitic, that’s who. Elon has been called out for amplifying anti-Semitism, which is what the ADL does. He cannot handle any criticism at all, so he lashes out.

Do you support the post he agreed with? Why do you think he agreed with the post? Why does he amplify anti-Semitic posts?

Show me the comments made by Biden that could have possibly promoted violence? That could have possibly motivated the school shooter in Nashville?

About the manifesto: why did the radical right winger only post a little bit of it? Why not post the whole thing? I can answer this - it’s obvious. Because he is crafting a narrative and the entire substance doesn’t support his narrative. And you fall for this every time. Did you even ask yourself where was the rest of that document?

There isn’t any censorship issue involved here. Bringing it up is an attempt to divert from the real issues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom