Critical race theory (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

DaveXA

Reaction score
    Frankly, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to the Critical Race Theory curriculum. What is it, where does it come from, and is it legitimate? Has anyone here read it and maybe give a quick summary?

If this has been covered in another thread, then I missed it.

They won’t be, but that’s what they are afraid of.

When you loose privilege, it can make you feel victimized.

They won't even lose privilege. Privilege isn't the result of numbers, it's the result of power, specifically economic. Whites made up about 13% of the population during apartheid in South Africa but they controlled 90% of the wealth. In this country, whites are 56% of the population but control 86% of the wealth. As long as they control the majority of the wealth in the country they have privilege.

The idea that as soon as white people are 49.9% of the population they are going to be second-class citizens is a myth being pushed by race-baiters. It has no basis in reality.

They won't even lose privilege. Privilege isn't the result of numbers, it's the result of power, specifically economic. Whites made up about 13% of the population during apartheid in South Africa but they controlled 90% of the wealth. In this country, whites are 56% of the population but control 86% of the wealth. As long as they control the majority of the wealth in the country they have privilege.

The idea that as soon as white people are 49.9% of the population they are going to be second-class citizens is a myth being pushed by race-baiters. It has no basis in reality.

White privilege isn't what it was 50 or even 25 years ago though. Especially for white males.

Just the public discourse around race during the past 15 years has changed enough that especially poor white males feel threatened.

White privilege isn't what it was 50 or even 25 years ago though. Especially for white males.

Just the public discourse around race during the past 15 years has changed enough that especially poor white males feel threatened.

I agree, but I'd argue it's still the effect of race-baiters leveraging their insecurities to point them in the wrong direction. The real threat to poor white males is wealthy white males, not minorities. Wealthy white males force-feed them these fear tactics, like the CRT boogeyman, to continue to make a buck off of them. The truth is the poor white male will still be better off than the poor black male even when whites are the minority in the country. I don't think the economic powers will ever let themselves lose their power. In South Africa whites still control the lions share of the wealth (although white farmers have had a lot of land seized).

I agree, but I'd argue it's still the effect of race-baiters leveraging their insecurities to point them in the wrong direction. The real threat to poor white males is wealthy white males, not minorities. Wealthy white males force-feed them these fear tactics, like the CRT boogeyman, to continue to make a buck off of them. The truth is the poor white male will still be better off than the poor black male even when whites are the minority in the country. I don't think the economic powers will ever let themselves lose their power. In South Africa whites still control the lions share of the wealth (although white farmers have had a lot of land seized).
    Oh yea I completely agree. People are taking advantage of this fear to gain votes and clicks. They are easy to manipulate, because they don't even acknowledge the advantage their race gives them, so it is easy to convince them that there is a boogeyman after them.

Most white people are not rich. Most are common regular folk with little power. Categorizing an entire group of people based on a very tiny 0.1% of the population is not fair.

I've tried. We have a long private conversation that speaks to this.

However, none of this has to do with what I said. You admit that you "don't know much about the meaning of privilege in America" (your words). This isn't the first time you have offered strong opinions on something that you later admit to not knowing much about. It's incredibly egotistical to think that your uninformed opinions carry the same weight as those offered by people who are informed on the subject. At some point, people that are relatively ignorant on a subject need to sit down and shut up in the hopes that they will learn something.
    Your argument from authority debate fallacy is noted. Can you say something in your own words about white privilege.

Most white people are not rich. Most are common regular folk with little power. Categorizing an entire group of people based on a very tiny 0.1% of the population is not fair.

Your reading comprehension skills are really terrible. Try reading it again, slowly this time.

Wait, never mind, put me back on ignore. Communicating with you gives me a mind-numbing headache.

Last edited:
    As a general rule parents like to do well for their children. There is usually DNA kinship. Outside immediate family this tends to disappear. Unless there is a powerful unifying force. For example the Amish help each other.
    Oh absolutely, I get what you're saying, which I why I asked if you thought it would be a good idea for white people to think about the future in that context.
    Let me ask a question: Do you think the only group in world history with a tendency to oppress are the Europeans?
    No, definitely not. And understanding that historically, non-white groups have definitely also been oppressive, do you think it would be a good idea for white people to take steps to protect their current existence and ensure a future for their children?

You're reading comprehension skills are really terrible. Try reading it again, slowly this time.

Wait, never mind, put me back on ignore. Communicating with you gives me a mind-numbing headache.
    Thanks for the insulting remarks. I guess it means you arre insecure. This is what you said:

"Privilege isn't the result of numbers, it's the result of power, specifically economic,"

Oh absolutely, I get what you're saying, which I why I asked if you thought it would be a good idea for white people to think about the future in that context.

No, definitely not. And understanding that historically, non-white groups have definitely also been oppressive, do you think it would be a good idea for white people to take steps to protect their current existence and ensure a future for their children?
    When was the last time you beat your wife?

Looking for a "gotcha" to cry racism is very atypical for you a highly educated will mannered honest kind person. I am disappointed!

Thanks for the insulting remarks. I guess it means you arre insecure. This is what you said:

When was the last time you beat your wife?

Looking for a "gotcha" to cry racism is very atypical for you a highly educated will mannered honest kind person. I am disappointed!
    I don't understand what you mean.

It just seems to me to make sense that if you're worried about white people being oppressed when they're in the minority (which you said was going to happen), then it would make sense for them to take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen while they're still in the majority.

You don't agree with that? They should just accept their inevitable oppression that will come with impending demographic changes in America?

Your argument from authority debate fallacy is noted. Can you say something in your own words about white privilege.

I am not purporting to be an authority and I am not claiming that I am right based on being an authority on any topic.

I don't understand what you mean.

It just seems to me to make sense that if you're worried about white people being oppressed when they're in the minority (which you said was going to happen), then it would make sense for them to take steps to ensure that it doesn't happen while they're still in the majority.

You don't agree with that? They should just accept their inevitable oppression that will come with impending demographic changes in America?
    Are people with dark skin capable of bigotry and racism? I would say yes.

I cannot predict the future and how whites would be treated by a non-white majority. What do you envision? You obviously have an opinion.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom