Biden Tracker (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

And nobody can explain what the frickin Department of Transportation should have done that it didn’t do to fix this. It’s just “big mad” at Pete, because someone told them to.

And nobody can explain what the frickin Department of Transportation should have done that it didn’t do to fix this. It’s just “big mad” at Pete, because someone told them to.
    But no one is really mad that he hasn't fixed it, they are mad because a gay guy took maternitly leave. If anyone can't see this, then they are blind as the refs in the 2018 NFCCG.

Such a cool thing to say. You are too cool for school.

I don't need no gubmint...

starkid-team-starkid.gif

But no one is really mad that he hasn't fixed it, they are mad because a gay guy took maternitly leave. If anyone can't see this, then they are blind as the refs in the 2018 NFCCG.
    Oh, I was clear I think a man taking 2 weeks paternity leave is stupid and uncalled for, especially on the tax payers dime. The fact he is gay does in fact add some negative, IMO, to it. No one actually gave birth and needed physically recover but I also stated that was conversation for another thread.

Back to the the Biden supply chain problem. You all are saying that the SoTD has not control or responsibility for the supply chain, and we are stupid, misguided by politics or unapproved news sources, or maybe even...gasp....Russia disinformation!! but yet, it seems the US department of transportation has been working on this issue for months and Pete was working on it months before he and his husband had to drive to a hospital and pick up two adopted children. So, which one? It is only the US dept of Transportation problems and not the leader of that department? That seems odd, but it is a Biden Administration and when a supply chain crisis and unemployment is seen as a successful economy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/buttigieg-faces-test-as-supply-chains-falter/ar-AAPtQDc

"Last week, with the fate of the president’s Build Back Better infrastructure plan in doubt, Biden appointed Buttigieg to co-chair a Supply Chain Disruptions Task Force with Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo to address the backlog at the ports. And on Wednesday, Buttigieg joined Vice President Kamala Harris and senior economic adviser Brian Deese in a virtual roundtable with relevant sector contributors.

But the Transportation Department had already spent months attempting to tackle backlog issues at the California ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. In July, Buttigieg hosted another roundtable that focused on how increased consumer demand would affect already overburdened supply chains. Yet actual solutions proved somewhat elusive."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/top...-on-fixing-the-broken-supply-chain/vi-AAPJPWI

About the 4 min mark (after the he blames most of the supply chain problem on pollution of air in ports.....yeah, Pete explains what he and his department are supposed to do in the ocean of private ownership. I guess he doesn't know it is not his or his department job to intervene but I am glad he is at least doing the lip service.

Such a cool thing to say. You are too cool for school.

I don't need no gubmint...
    I see your point and thank you. Thanks for sharing opinion, always a productive.

I guess the opposite is needing a gubmint to tell you what you can do and blindly following along? Truly the best of us are politicians so they must rule over us for our own sake because we are too stupid to think for our own safety and success. To each their own I guess.

I see your point and thank you. Thanks for sharing opinion, always a productive.

I guess the opposite is needing a gubmint to tell you what you can do and blindly following along? Truly the best of us are politicians so they must rule over us for our own sake because we are too stupid to think for our own safety and success. To each their own I guess.

Yea, I guess what we need is something between anarchy and authoritarianism. Like what we have now.

You just seem to be overly dramatic about things lately. You made a one liner post, so that’s what I gave back.

Farb: It would be better without the snark, but I do realize that may be too big of an ask. 😁

So, what should have been done? What should the government do involving all these corporations?
    It seems like there isn’t a great answer, which is why they have been struggling.

I get it that you really, really want to blame Pete. He’s gay, and a democrat so that must be just like satan to you, lol. But realistically, what could or should the government do that they aren’t already doing, given that these are all private companies or corporations?

Oh, and either you are being dishonest about Pete blaming pollution or you don’t have great English comprehension. The interviewer brought up complaints from local residents due to the increased traffic through their neighborhoods and Pete said we absolutely have to do right by the people who live near the ports in the future and then he listed things that can cause issues for people who live near ports. So you’re gonna have to explain that particular bit of snark to me.

Oh, I was clear I think a man taking 2 weeks paternity leave is stupid and uncalled for, especially on the tax payers dime. The fact he is gay does in fact add some negative, IMO, to it. No one actually gave birth and needed physically recover but I also stated that was conversation for another thread.

Back to the the Biden supply chain problem. You all are saying that the SoTD has not control or responsibility for the supply chain, and we are stupid, misguided by politics or unapproved news sources, or maybe even...gasp....Russia disinformation!! but yet, it seems the US department of transportation has been working on this issue for months and Pete was working on it months before he and his husband had to drive to a hospital and pick up two adopted children. So, which one? It is only the US dept of Transportation problems and not the leader of that department? That seems odd, but it is a Biden Administration and when a supply chain crisis and unemployment is seen as a successful economy.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/buttigieg-faces-test-as-supply-chains-falter/ar-AAPtQDc

"Last week, with the fate of the president’s Build Back Better infrastructure plan in doubt, Biden appointed Buttigieg to co-chair a Supply Chain Disruptions Task Force with Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack and Commerce Secretary Gina Raimondo to address the backlog at the ports. And on Wednesday, Buttigieg joined Vice President Kamala Harris and senior economic adviser Brian Deese in a virtual roundtable with relevant sector contributors.

But the Transportation Department had already spent months attempting to tackle backlog issues at the California ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach. In July, Buttigieg hosted another roundtable that focused on how increased consumer demand would affect already overburdened supply chains. Yet actual solutions proved somewhat elusive."

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/top...-on-fixing-the-broken-supply-chain/vi-AAPJPWI

About the 4 min mark (after the he blames most of the supply chain problem on pollution of air in ports.....yeah, Pete explains what he and his department are supposed to do in the ocean of private ownership. I guess he doesn't know it is not his or his department job to intervene but I am glad he is at least doing the lip service.

Pete's explanation of the government's role in this "ocean of private ownership" is to help coordinate, with a specific nod to sharing data. Do you think it's possible for the Department of Transportation to do this with Pete working from home?

Pete's explanation of the government's role in this "ocean of private ownership" is to help coordinate, with a specific nod to sharing data. Do you think it's possible for the Department of Transportation to do this with Pete working from home?
    Do we know Pete was working from home? I seen reports, he was all but MIA.

I am 100% sure more work would get done if the boss is in the office, but our gubmint is so inept, bloated and over their heads that might not be a given. Simple fact is there was a crisis that he knew about and was just a few months before, working on with his department and then he took 2 weeks off. Incompetent is a good word.

I also don't think you guys would be rushing to defend Chao if this 2 years ago.

Do we know Pete was working from home? I seen reports, he was all but MIA.

I am 100% sure more work would get done if the boss is in the office, but our gubmint is so inept, bloated and over their heads that might not be a given. Simple fact is there was a crisis that he knew about and was just a few months before, working on with his department and then he took 2 weeks off. Incompetent is a good word.

I also don't think you guys would be rushing to defend Chao if this 2 years ago.

What reports have you seen that he is not actively working on this situation? And what makes you think him being in the office would make things miraculously better? He's not the guy putting everything into motion. He's not the point person or a worker any on the ground.

If we have no problem with presidents being able to work while taking vacations, why is it suddenly terrible that Pete is working from home while on paternity leave?

If Elaine Chao had taken maternity leave, I don't think any of us would have a problem.

What reports have you seen that he is not actively working on this situation? And what makes you think him being in the office would make things miraculously better? He's not the guy putting everything into motion. He's not the point person or a worker any on the ground.

If we have no problem with presidents being able to work while taking vacations, why is it suddenly terrible that Pete is working from home while on paternity leave?

If Elaine Chao had taken maternity leave, I don't think any of us would have a problem.
    So essentially, you are saying his position serves no purpose. I tend to agree.
    What makes me think more work would be done he was at work? Seriously? I think you are arguing just to argue at this point. Life. Life and experience makes me believe that. That is my lived experience from corporate America that people tend to get more work done when they are at work. It is kind of built into the name of 'work'.

So essentially, you are saying his position serves no purpose. I tend to agree.

That's not even close to what I said, but I expect no less from you.

What makes me think more work would be done he was at work? Seriously? I think you are arguing just to argue at this point. Life. Life and experience makes me believe that. That is my lived experience from corporate America that people tend to get more work done when they are at work. It is kind of built into the name of 'work'.

Yet your experience is not necessarily reality. We've seen an influx of people working from home during the pandemic, and that has produced an uptick in productivity. And I am willing to bet that the US government has much better tools for working remotely than your average private company.

As I said, nobody thinks that presidents taking vacations means they suddenly aren't working. Why do you assume the same is not true for a cabinet secretary?

at my plant (billion dollar fertilizer co) the material coordinator worked from home for over 6 months because of covid. all 8 planners and a scheduler worked in office 1 day a week. somehow, all jobs competed as normal. they are not boots on the ground and have it doesn't affect workflow.

if Pete was in office, he's probably taking 3 hour lunches, smoozing millionaire donors signing off on stuff he don't.even know what they are, just like the many ones before him.

That's not even close to what I said, but I expect no less from you.

Yet your experience is not necessarily reality. We've seen an influx of people working from home during the pandemic, and that has produced an uptick in productivity. And I am willing to bet that the US government has much better tools for working remotely than your average private company.

As I said, nobody thinks that presidents taking vacations means they suddenly aren't working. Why do you assume the same is not true for a cabinet secretary?
    Must be selective amnesia from the Trump years. Ever heard of Mar Largo? You guys had fun with that for 4 years.
    But yeah, no reason a cabinet secretary shouldn't be at work during a crisis he had been working on fixing (band up job). I mean we do expect a little much from those with 6 figure salaries we pay for. Besides, he is in a holy protective class as well, so there can be no criticism. You have more than proved that by this silly defense of a public servant.

Now this is funny. Maybe even for the old fools supporters.

Must be selective amnesia from the Trump years. Ever heard of Mar Largo? You guys had fun with that for 4 years.
    But yeah, no reason a cabinet secretary shouldn't be at work during a crisis he had been working on fixing (band up job). I mean we do expect a little much from those with 6 figure salaries we pay for. Besides, he is in a holy protective class as well, so there can be no criticism. You have more than proved that by this silly defense of a public servant.

No, the complaints about Trump's trips were how much taxpayer money was spent lining his own pockets in the process as well as the hypocrisy of his lambasting of Obama for doing something he ended up doing much more often.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom