Biden Tracker (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

We are shirting on him for being ineffective…..and taking off 8 weeks in the middle of a crisis.

Ineffective at solving nationwide staffing and global manufacturing problems?

By the way, what you described is one of the reasons we have a transportation secretary with a full staff and pretty much unlimited funds.

If he has a full staff and unlimited funds, that would make him quite capable of delegating to his direct subordinates for a predesignated amount of time as well as working from home when necessary... so make up your forking mind.

Ineffective at solving nationwide staffing and global manufacturing problems?

If he has a full staff and unlimited funds, that would make him quite capable of delegating to his direct subordinates for a predesignated amount of time as well as working from home when necessary... so make up your forking mind.
    Ooops. I will grant your second paragraph. Please fire him for being an ineffective leader despite all the resources needed to impact the crisis.

This is how inept this administration is. The cabinet secretary is on 2 months paid leave during a shipping crisis and everyone is defending him by saying that he was is not even needed.
    This is my point. We obviously don't need a transportation secretary because they do not do anything anyway. Disband that department all together, let the private companies work it out and let them negotiate new labor contracts with the unions. We already have some of the most inefficient ports in the world.

I dunno, sounds like we're mad at him because we have to have someone to be mad at. I mean, I get it. This sucks. I'm in IT, and it's real hindrance to not be able order things...we've had months wait for firewalls, laptop ETAs 3+ months, docking stations even longer. The stuff we can get is more expensive than what the task dictates, but it's all we can get.

But this goes beyond the Transportation Secretary's purview. Yea, I get people don't like he took time off, but let's not pretend like someone in that high of a position falls off the planet when they go on leave.

I was serious when I asked earlier - what is the federal government expected to do when private industry is the bottleneck?

He is not a smart guy, it is probably better for the problem that he was not around, but he is paid to do a job. His job is useless, as most federal jobs are, but it is very bad optics that one crisis that falls into his wheelhouse, he is on 8 weeks paid leave. Those are the optics that cost parties mid-term elections.

This is how inept this administration is. The cabinet secretary is on 2 months paid leave during a shipping crisis and everyone is defending him by saying that he was is not even needed.
    This is my point. We obviously don't need a transportation secretary because they do not do anything anyway. Disband that department all together, let the private companies work it out and let them negotiate new labor contracts with the unions. We already have some of the most inefficient ports in the world.

That's not what anyone is saying.

He is not a smart guy, it is probably better for the problem that he was not around, but he is paid to do a job. His job is useless, as most federal jobs are, but it is very bad optics that one crisis that falls into his wheelhouse, he is on 8 weeks paid leave. Those are the optics that cost parties mid-term elections.
    I'll ask you this. What caused all these delays? You are very well versed in exactly what dept of transportation does, obviously. I'm sure its a simple fix that just requires a few days of good planning and everything would be back to normal.

Also, same could be said for EVERY Dept Sec during EVERY admnistation

Do we know while he was on leave, was he not invloved in any decisions that were work related?

I'll ask you this. What caused all these delays? You are very well versed in exactly what dept of transportation does, obviously. I'm sure its a simple fix that just requires a few days of good planning and everything would be back to normal.

Also, same could be said for EVERY Dept Sec during EVERY admnistation

Do we know while he was on leave, was he not invloved in any decisions that were work related?
    You can spin all you like. He was on paid leave for 2 weeks.

I am not sure exactly what caused the delays. I wasn't allowed in the meetings in the Transportation department but I don't think the cabinet secretary was either so I guess you are right. Pete and I are about on the same level as dealing with the problem. The only downside I see is that I am not on the public dime.

I get he is part of your team, but even you must admit the optics look terrible.

I am not sure exactly what caused the delays. I wasn't allowed in the meetings in the Transportation department but I don't think the cabinet secretary was either so I guess you are right. Pete and I are about on the same level as dealing with the problem. The only downside I see is that I am not on the public dime.

I get he is part of your team, but even you must admit the optics look terrible.
    It's nothing to do with teams, and everything to do with an understanding that the transportation secretary doesn't control private industry. You don't care because you can't see anything outside your hyperpartisan lens though. I guess these are your marching orders this week until the next outrage.

And you're aware laptops exist right? Video conferencing? Cell phones? Let's not act like this is 1867 and he has to be in the room to be in the room.

Does he hire truck drivers and longshoremen? You don’t know what you’re talking about. There’s no issue with the transportation, it is clearly a labor shortage.
    They are also dealing with record numbers of shipments due to demand on top of that.

You guys have really jumped the shark. You talk about spin? You clearly got your talking points from Tucker, or whichever other nitwit, and just know you need to be mad at Pete. You’re not really sure why, but by god, mad you will be. It’s actually hilarious.

They are also dealing with record numbers of shipments due to demand on top of that.
    Yeah, the ships got here. They don’t have the people to unload them or transport the trucks. That seems to be the main bottleneck right now.

Does he hire truck drivers and longshoremen? You don’t know what you’re talking about. There’s no issue with the transportation, it is clearly a labor shortage.
    When will you post that article saying it’s not as bad as it seems?

I haven’t had time to look. If I run across it again I will post it. And I didn’t say it wasn’t bad, I said it was clearing up significantly after the first week.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom