Biden Tracker (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

There has to be a better choice than a guy who will have 82 candles on his birthday cake, or a guy with 81 indictments.

Perhaps it’s the Republican and Democrat parties which have to be held responsible by people sitting out the election, or voting for a different party. Continuing to vote for these people is only handing your drunk friend the keys to their car along with a bottle of MD 20/20.

I wonder if Gavin Newsom is ringing up the DNC chair right now, and saying that he is ready to party with the Lombardi.

There has to be a better choice than a guy who will have 82 candles on his birthday cake, or a guy with 81 indictments.

Perhaps it’s the Republican and Democrat parties which have to be held responsible by people sitting out the election, or voting for a different party. Continuing to vote for these people is only handing your drunk friend the keys to their car along with a bottle of MD 20/20.
    So, who are you going to vote for if Biden and Trump win their primaries?

I wonder if Gavin Newsom is ringing up the DNC chair right now, and saying that he is ready to party with the Lombardi.
    Maybe if the 49ers win the Superbowl, otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

I wonder who's calling up the RNC chair to say they're ready to dump the Trump?

Not voting is also choice.

Especially since if you don't live in one of about 5 or 6 states, there is absolutely no chance your vote will impact the outcome of the election.

I won’t argue that. The problem on one side lies with a political party completely enthralled with a serial fraudster who, unfortunately for the party, controls much of their base. That said base is racist, misogynist, homo- transphobic, xenophobic is a problem beyond Trump. It also says something that multiple millions of people either support the racism et al or they don’t care.

The other side is dealing with the tendency in a two party system to support an incumbent. Of course, for Republicans Trump is an incumbent so they have that problem as well.

So, who are you going to vote for if Biden and Trump win their primaries?
    I’m not sure who I will vote for, but being that I live in Texas, my vote won’t count for much anyway.

Who are you going to vote for if Biden and Trump win their primaries?

I won’t argue that. The problem on one side lies with a political party completely enthralled with a serial fraudster who, unfortunately for the party, controls much of their base. That said base is racist, misogynist, homo- transphobic, xenophobic is a problem beyond Trump. It also says something that multiple millions of people either support the racism et al or they don’t care.

The other side is dealing with the tendency in a two party system to support an incumbent. Of course, for Republicans Trump is an incumbent so they have that problem as well.
    You dress it up so nicely when you show one side as racists, misogynists, and phobics, while the other side only has a problem with an old guy being the incumbent.

If only it were so simple.

I mean…wow..just wow..

1707488548788.png

You dress it up so nicely when you show one side as racists, misogynists, and phobics, while the other side only has a problem with an old guy being the incumbent.

Jews will not replace us. Confederate flags. They dress themselves.

There absolutely is... however, it's going to be one of those two people, and there are very real ramifications from that choice.

In saner times I would vote for my first choice in the primaries, and then do a write in for the general b/c my first choice was never on the ballot. The point being to show that I cared by voting but not settling. That's because I believed at the time that the policy differences between the choices on the ballot were not drastic enough for me to worry about it, and I'd rather make a point.

That hasn't been the case since 2016 for me. The policy differences are large enough, and just as importantly differences in norms and traditions. What we allow and are willing to represent us to the world and to ourselves, is way too large.

So I vote the way I feel in the primary, and then vote against Trump and that brand of politics in the general. To me there is a very real difference between the normal sort of politics that I don't like with a man well past his prime and the MAGA movement. This isn't a both sides kind of thing... I mean both sides suck, but there are big differences in the degree of suckitude.

Which is also why I'm not sure what to make of polls on approval ratings right now. I have lots of disagreements with Biden and would probably register as disapproval, but I'm voting for him enthusiastically over Trump. If it were say Biden vs Larry Hogan it might be different.

How is it not this simple? See UTJ - he states the issues very clearly.

If Biden is re-elected there is zero chance we have an issue with a peaceful transfer of power when his term is up, no matter who wins. Zero.

If Trump wins - well, we have already seen what he is capable of.

I mean-there are lots and lots of reasons I wouldn’t ever vote for Trump anyway which are policy-based as well as moral and ethics-based. But let’s say you endorse Trump’s world view, even then it’s completely irresponsible to vote for him because he doesn’t believe in our form of government.

It is that simple.

Given the current climate, I honestly hope that Biden consider stepping aside and hanging it up now. Not for any other real reason other than his own peace and sanity. Even if he ends up winning the election, he is never going to escape the constant questioning about his age and mental acuity. I'm sure Hur has a shirt eating grin on his face from ear to ear right now, because his political hit job is having the effect he desired. Biden will be constantly hounded and questioned about his age and being senile with endless challenges to his mental capacity. The Republicans and right wing media will talk about invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him. The traditional media will likewise hound Biden. He needs to ask himself if he really wants to absorb that for the next 4 years along with all of the responsibilities of the office.

I truly appreciate everything Biden has done over the last four years. While I have difference with some of his policy (especially around Israel), I don't believe that anybody would have done better guiding us out of the darkness of the COVID era. Things could be so much worse right now, and in many areas he has ushered in changes and policy that will be transformational for us as a country. He deserves our admiration not the treatment he's getting, but politics and the media are what they are, and American society is not one full of deep, rational thinkers. If it is between Trump and Biden in the end, the choice is an extremely easy one for me.

Last edited:
    Given the current climate, I honestly hope that Biden consider stepping aside and hanging it up now. Not for any other real reason other than his own peace and sanity. Even if he ends up winning the election, he is never going to escape the constant questioning about his age and mental acuity. I'm sure Hur has a shirt eating grin on his face from ear to ear right now, because his political hit job is having the effect he desired. Biden will be constantly hounded and questioned about his age and being senile with endless challenges to his mental capacity. The Republicans and right wing media will talk about invoking the 25th Amendment to remove him. The traditional media will likewise hound Biden. He needs to ask himself if he really wants to absorb that for the next 4 years along with all of the responsibilities of the office.

I truly appreciate everything Biden has done over the last four years. While I have difference with some of his policy (especially around Israel), I don't believe that anybody would have done better guiding us out of the darkness of the COVID era. Things could be so much worse right now, and in many areas he has ushered in changes and policy that will be transformational for us as a country. He deserves our admiration not the treatment he's getting, but politics and the media are what they are. If it is between Trump and Biden in the end, the choice is an extremely easy one for me.
    I think we are long past that being an option

That decision should have been made at least a year ago

I think we are long past that being an option

That decision should have been made at least a year ago

Maybe it should have, but I don't know if it's too late to do it now. Strange things happen with speed in politics when they need too.

The biggest unknown if Biden decided to step aside would be how the DNC would choose a candidate to replace him. They obviously wouldn't be able to depend on primary voting since that is already under way, so what would they do?

I’m not sure who I will vote for, but being that I live in Texas, my vote won’t count for much anyway.

Who are you going to vote for if Biden and Trump win their primaries?
    Either Biden or no one, since I have the reverse of the privilege you have in TX here in CA.

Since the only viable outcome is Biden or Trump winning, I want Biden to win all day, every day.

Who would you want to win out of Biden and Trump?

Last edited:
    Not voting is also choice.

Especially since if you don't live in one of about 5 or 6 states, there is absolutely no chance your vote will impact the outcome of the election.

This is my scenario. I’m in the reddest state in America. It won’t be close anyway. Makes it a bit easier for me since I couldn’t in good conscience vote for Biden anyway, at least a second time.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom