Biden Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Jack Smith, who has unlimited resources, could have charged Trump with participating or inciting an insurrection, but he chose not to.

That tells you all the insurrection talk is political rhetoric and total bullshirt.
    Looking over the charges again I think Trump is probably appropriately charged based upon his post election 2020 actions and efforts and the insurrection itself is just a part of it all and I don't really have a problem with them not specifically charging that.

Oh, Trump requested the DOJ to lock up many of his political enemies. The problem was that there actually had to be a crime, so DOJ couldn’t do it.
    Oh he requested. Once again, you are more concerned about a hypothetical that hasn't even happened than something that's already happened in Biden trying to put his political opponent in jail.
    OTOH, Trump has committed many crimes. Do you think he shouldn’t be prosecuted for crimes he committed because he used to be president?
    There has to be equal treatment under the law which obviously isn't happening with Biden getting special treatment with his classified documents case and with his son.

You can't give Biden special treatment under the law and throw the book at Trump.

If both would be treated the same then I would say that Trump should be prosecuted for any crimes he might have committed. But most of it's political because Joe's dementia is too bad for him to beat Trump on his own.

Looking over the charges again I think Trump is probably appropriately charged based upon his post election 2020 actions and efforts and the insurrection itself is just a part of it all and I don't really have a problem with them not specifically charging that.
    That makes no sense. If Trump participated in an insurrection, why in the world would you not want him charged with that?

Because you know that couldn't be proven in court?

What specifically did Trump do that incited the supposed insurrection or his participation in it?

When he told his supporters to be peaceful?

What he said was constitutionally protected free speech and that's why he wasn't charged.

That makes no sense. If Trump participated in an insurrection, why in the world would you not want him charged with that?

Because you know that couldn't be proven in court?

What specifically did Trump do that incited the supposed insurrection or his participation in it?

When he told his supporters to be peaceful?

What he said was constitutionally protected free speech and that's why he wasn't charged.
    If the prosecutor didn't feel like he could likely obtain a conviction on that but could likely obtain a conviction on the other overarchingly related charges then it's understandable from my point of view. I think it would be difficult to convict Trump on insurrection charges because of things you mentioned there.*

*This doesn't mean that I don't believe an insurrection occurred, it clearly did.. but that as a statement of fact (in my view) versus charging Trump for it are two different things.

If the prosecutor didn't feel like he could likely obtain a conviction on that but could likely obtain a conviction on the other overarchingly related charges then it's understandable from my point of view. I think it would be difficult to convict Trump on insurrection charges because of things you mentioned there.
    So if a prosecutor doesn't feel like he can obtain a guilty plea, do you still consider that person guilty?

So if a prosecutor doesn't feel like he can obtain a guilty plea, do you still consider that person guilty?
    I don't think I've ever said that Trump ordered his people to overrun the Capitol if that's what you're getting at. Imo he was definitely cool with it occurring but that's certainly not enough to bring charges in and of itself.

Specifically he's absolutely morally responsible but legally? I don't think they would have enough to get a conviction.

No it doesn’t. Unless you just desperately want to believe that lie.
    That's where the whole Democrat narrative falls apart.

Democrats: Trump is guilty of an insurrection!

Voter: Why didn't Trump get charged for participating an insurrection?

Democrats: Shrug

Trumps polling has went up with each indictment because the public sees it for what it is. Biden weaponizing the government against his political opponent.

I don't think I've ever said that Trump ordered his people to overrun the Capitol if that's what you're getting at. Imo he was definitely cool with it occurring but that's certainly not enough to bring charges in and of itself.

Specifically he's absolutely morally responsible but legally? I don't think they would have enough to get a conviction.
    So in your eyes Trump didn't participate in the supposed insurrection?

Is someone being morally responsible for a crime enough to remove them from the ballot?

So in your eyes Trump didn't participate in the supposed insurrection?

Is someone being morally responsible for a crime enough to remove them from the ballot?
    Trump solely created the atmosphere and situation that ultimately led to the insurrection, but I'm not aware of evidence to say he was directly involved in planning a January 6th insurrection of the Capitol.

I think the second question is interesting and I would argue yes I think - at least in a case such as this - because the culpability on Trump's part is so clear and intrinsically tied to his attempts at illegally remaining in office.

Trump solely created the atmosphere and situation that ultimately led to the insurrection, but I'm not aware of evidence to say he was directly involved in planning a January 6th insurrection of the Capitol.

I think the second question is interesting and I would argue yes I think - at least in a case such as this - because the culpability on Trump's part is so clear and intrinsically tied to his attempts at illegally remaining in office.
    And I wasn't making a constitutional argument there was just expressing my opinion.. the questions of constitutionality are more complicated than that of course.

It wasnt an insurrection & I disagree, but thanks for the genuine response without name calling that some are unable to do without.

It wasnt an insurrection & I disagree, but thanks for the genuine response without name calling that some are unable to do without.
    An attempted "coup from below' is as close to an actual definition of what occurred on January 6th as I've been able to find.. but it's multi-layered in my view because the January 6th attempted coup from below only occurred as a result of the attempted "coup from within" that was occurring post election 2020 through the events of January 6th.

I'm all for us getting our troops out of there, but this is another example of the Biden White House being a national security disaster.

An attempted "coup from below' is as close to an actual definition of what occurred on January 6th as I've been able to find.. but it's multi-layered in my view because the January 6th attempted coup from below only occurred as a result of the attempted "coup from within" that was occurring post election 2020 through the events of January 6th.
    What's another example of a coup from below?

There are many examples throughout history of citizens attempting to overthrow their governments - that's essentially what we're talking about.
    Okay but I haven't heard that term coup from below before. I'm asking are there any other examples in history for that term?

I'm all for us getting our troops out of there, but this is another example of the Biden White House being a national security disaster.

My personal security, nor America's has anything to do with the ME. We are a net exporter of oil now. To the point, we have almost broken OPEC. I hope this "disaster" is on the same level as the withdrawal from Afghanistan.

P.S. For all the boomers who don't get what's going on: semiconductors > cheap oil. This is called pivoting.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom