Biden Tracker (6 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Let discuss one remark that set off the left's delicate sensibilities. I do love how I don't like Trump but I am still forced to defend him on this because what is said is just not true.
    A simple way to not have to defend him would be to repudiate him.

I would rank the governments ability to protect private and civic properties high on the list of what a government should do, so yeah, they should have made actual efforts to stop the rioting instead of bowing the knee to BLM (many physically bowed down to protestors) activists.
    But again, that's aside from the issue of an elected official pouring gasoline on to the situation.

Let discuss one remark that set off the left's delicate sensibilities. I do love how I don't like Trump but I am still forced to defend him on this because what is said is just not true.

I would rank the governments ability to protect private and civic properties high on the list of what a government should do, so yeah, they should have made actual efforts to stop the rioting instead of bowing the knee to BLM (many physically bowed down to protestors) activists.
    Farb, what the hell are you talking about.

Watch this instead:

Good Grief that is a poor source. I would be too embarrassed to post a source like the US News.

It doesn't matter if that is what is actually happening. it's the source you used. They apply commentary to even true stories which is excessively nosecone.

Even if nosecones do provide less drag for spacecraft as they shoot through the atmosphere , this is not about a spacecraft.

NO!

You will need to back up this crazy notion. Whenever any protest turned violent, and far too often even when the protests were peaceful, police moved in with riot gear, tear gas, rubber bullets and such. There were far more people injured by police than police that were injured. We all saw police knock down an elderly man and then ignore him while he lay bleeding from his ear due to a serious head injury.

We all saw troops move in on a 100% peaceful protest/gathering in DC and injure a bunch of innocent people.

Yes, sometimes police did kneel in solidarity with peaceful protesters. That happened in my town. BLM organized a peaceful protest. Police were out in force in riot gear. There wasn’t any violence and they engaged with some of the protesters and agreed that Floyd shouldn’t have been murdered. There was a moment of silence at one point and officers kneeled with the protesters.

After the hours for the protest, as darkness fell, almost everyone who came for the protest left but some folks stayed (or arrived) to cause trouble. They had some rock throwing, etc. and police responded to protect the courthouse. They basically used tear gas to disperse the crowd. There were a couple of people took advantage to try to loot a store, and they were arrested. As was one person who had an accelerant device.

This basic scenario was probably the most common scenario in the way these protests went. No police were shirking their duties. You will just say any old thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️
    So you will admit the protests turned into riots. This is a start.

A simple way to not have to defend him would be to repudiate him.

But again, that's aside from the issue of an elected official pouring gasoline on to the situation.
    No thanks. I prefer not to live in a reality where if someone says something and others act offended that everyone must also be offended and disavow that person or else you are on of them.

No thanks. I prefer not to live in a reality where if someone says something and others act offended that everyone must also be offended and disavow that person or else you are on of them.
    Except that he's legitimately a self-absorbed narcissist who would destroy the hallmarks of our form of government for his own ego. It's not even a matter of opinion at this point.

Except that he's legitimately a self-absorbed narcissist who would destroy the hallmarks of our form of government for his own ego. It's not even a matter of opinion at this point.
    So we have moved on from all the 'horrible' things the Trumper has said? That is fine.

I would agree. I am grateful that our system is set up to stop anyone from doing that though. Those old white men kind of knew what they were doing. Cheers.

So we have moved on from all the 'horrible' things the Trumper has said? That is fine.

I would agree. I am grateful that our system is set up to stop anyone from doing that though. Those old white men kind of knew what they were doing. Cheers.

If by that you mean stopping other white men from turning the US into an authoritarian country led by a wanna be tin pot dictator you would be correct…..

If by that you mean stopping other white men from turning the US into an authoritarian country led by a wanna be tin pot dictator you would be correct…..
    I know I am correct, but you could have left out 'white' and that way, race wouldn't be involved since the checks and balances don't discuss race, religion or sexual orientation.

I know I am correct, but you could have left out 'white' and that way, race wouldn't be involved since the checks and balances don't discuss race, religion or sexual orientation.
    Well that wonderful system of government was created by white men who didn't think women or other races should vote so it's about the same.

Well that wonderful system of government was created by white men who didn't think women or other races should vote so it's about the same.
    So you are a staunch traditionalist. I would not have guessed that. Does this wonderful system of government still limit that or did those white men leave in a designed way to update that wonderful system of government as the times/culture and values change?

So you are a staunch traditionalist. I would not have guessed that. Does this wonderful system of government still limit that or did those white men leave in a designed way to update that wonderful system of government as the times/culture and values change?
    That begs the question of how effective that method of updating is considering who it was designed by.

That begs the question of how effective that method of updating is considering who it was designed by.
    Are you trying to give the FIFA president a run for his money. So you are saying since it was designed by white men, it is inherently racist?

Are you trying to give the FIFA president a run for his money. So you are saying since it was designed by white men, it is inherently racist?
    I'm saying the document and its method of amendment is not inherently the greatest thing since sliced bread because it was drafted by a bunch of elitists two centuries ago who viewed the world through a lens far different than we do today.

Outside of the limited realm of legal arguments, I no longer base everything on the premise that the Constitution is the starting point. Easiest thing in the world for the Justices to just look at some stale document and cite to two hundred year old 'contemporary writings' (i.e., the Federalist Papers).

There are many forms of government on this planet, the U.S. hardly has a monopoly on ones that provide the requisite civil liberties. I stopped questioning the 'how' of the Constitution and started questioning the 'why.' The system is overrated. Just like the worship of nationalism is overrated.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom