Biden Tracker (4 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Why can’t Farb tell the difference between the word “civil” and “political”? It’s a question for the ages…..

Did I say that? Is this like one of those: "When did you stop beating your wife?" questions?
    No, you said political discourse was broke by Trump. I am pointing that political discourse has always been broken. That is the nature of political discourse. Now, it is just politically convenient to pain one side as the instigators.

Why can’t Farb tell the difference between the word “civil” and “political”? It’s a question for the ages…..
    Because I am stupid I guess. Hope that helps with question for the ages.

No, you said political discourse was broke by Trump. I am pointing that political discourse has always been broken. That is the nature of political discourse. Now, it is just politically convenient to pain one side as the instigators.
    Difference between bending and breaking. Trump winning the White House broke it because it normalized such behavior and shifted it from fringe to mainstream.

Difference between bending and breaking. Trump winning the White House broke it because it normalized such behavior and shifted it from fringe to mainstream.
    But Obama said Mit was going to put black people back in chains and he won the whitehouse x2. Why did that not break it? Legacy media coverage maybe?

Farb - Trump was president when the baseball shooting happened. And I think Saul said Trump has killed civil discourse. And he has. Just contrast what happened after Scalise got shot to what happened after Pelosi got attacked. It’s easy to see the difference. You guys aren’t fooling anyone.
    Were there any calls to blame the shooting on the Democrats rhetoric that Trump/Republicans were evil, nazis, stole the election, etc?

James Hodgkinson was an actual campaign worker for Bernie Sanders. Did anyone blame Bernie? I can't remember hearing anyone blaming the shooting on the Democratic rhetoric or Bernie Sanders which is good because it's idiotic to blame the actions of a crazy person on anyone. Hodgkinson's statements did sound just like what many people on the left were saying about Trump.

Two now-inaccessible Facebook accounts under the name of James Hodgkinson and purporting to be located in Belleville, Ill., were full of posts supporting Sanders and opposing President Trump.

"Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.," one of the pages posted in March. That post linked to a petition calling for Trump's impeachment "and or legal removal."

Were there any calls to blame the shooting on the Democrats rhetoric that Trump/Republicans were evil, nazis, stole the election, etc?

James Hodgkinson was an actual campaign worker for Bernie Sanders. Did anyone blame Bernie? I can't remember hearing anyone blaming the shooting on the Democratic rhetoric or Bernie Sanders which is good because it's idiotic to blame the actions of a crazy person on anyone. Hodgkinson's statements did sound just like what many people on the left were saying about Trump.

Two now-inaccessible Facebook accounts under the name of James Hodgkinson and purporting to be located in Belleville, Ill., were full of posts supporting Sanders and opposing President Trump.

"Trump is a Traitor. Trump Has Destroyed Our Democracy. It's Time to Destroy Trump & Co.," one of the pages posted in March. That post linked to a petition calling for Trump's impeachment "and or legal removal."

Bernie Sanders doesn't engage in violent rhetoric, ever.

Can you explain what's going on with Republicans then? Linked below is an article that shows views of Democrats, and Republicans towards each other. Republicans demonize Democrats far more, and think of them as the enemy. What do you think the cause could be? How do Republicans fix their own party?

Got an example of Bernie's violent/inflammatory rhetoric?

But Obama said Mit was going to put black people back in chains and he won the whitehouse x2. Why did that not break it? Legacy media coverage maybe?
    Actually I thought Biden said that, not Obama. And it's not half as bad as the shirt Trump spews on a daily basis.

Actually I thought Biden said that, not Obama. And it's not half as bad as the shirt Trump spews on a daily basis.
    I think yo are right, it was Biden, but he still won the WH.
    Can you show me some of the 'hate' filled trump spewage?

What about the police stations sieged and burned in Minn and Portland, where those right wing zealots too?

I think yo are right, it was Biden, but he still won the WH.
    Can you show me some of the 'hate' filled trump spewage?
    Do I seriously need to do that? Again, let's not be coy. You can Google Trump tweets for no shortage of examples where he's saying things remarkably worse.

What about the police stations sieged and burned in Minn and Portland, where those right wing zealots too?
    Are those government officials doing that?

Do I seriously need to do that? Again, let's not be coy. You can Google Trump tweets for no shortage of examples where he's saying things remarkably worse.

Are those government officials doing that?
    I have read just about everything he said and while there might be something damning I missed, everything I read was vanillam, true or just funny and if anyone other than orange man said it, no one would care.

Better question, did our government help stop that?

I have read just about everything he said and while there might be something damning I missed, everything I read was vanillam, true or just funny and if anyone other than orange man said it, no one would care.
    Confirmation bias.

Better question, did our government help stop that?
    Best question: why is that relevant? You offered a non-sequitur to the point that government officials should not engage in that behavior. Offering yet another non-sequitur doesn't do much.

Confirmation bias.

Best question: why is that relevant? You offered a non-sequitur to the point that government officials should not engage in that behavior. Offering yet another non-sequitur doesn't do much.
    Let discuss one remark that set off the left's delicate sensibilities. I do love how I don't like Trump but I am still forced to defend him on this because what is said is just not true.

I would rank the governments ability to protect private and civic properties high on the list of what a government should do, so yeah, they should have made actual efforts to stop the rioting instead of bowing the knee to BLM (many physically bowed down to protestors) activists.

Let discuss one remark that set off the left's delicate sensibilities. I do love how I don't like Trump but I am still forced to defend him on this because what is said is just not true.

I would rank the governments ability to protect private and civic properties high on the list of what a government should do, so yeah, they should have made actual efforts to stop the rioting instead of bowing the knee to BLM (many physically bowed down to protestors) activists.
    You will need to back up this crazy notion. Whenever any protest turned violent, and far too often even when the protests were peaceful, police moved in with riot gear, tear gas, rubber bullets and such. There were far more people injured by police than police that were injured. We all saw police knock down an elderly man and then ignore him while he lay bleeding from his ear due to a serious head injury.

We all saw troops move in on a 100% peaceful protest/gathering in DC and injure a bunch of innocent people.

Yes, sometimes police did kneel in solidarity with peaceful protesters. That happened in my town. BLM organized a peaceful protest. Police were out in force in riot gear. There wasn’t any violence and they engaged with some of the protesters and agreed that Floyd shouldn’t have been murdered. There was a moment of silence at one point and officers kneeled with the protesters.

After the hours for the protest, as darkness fell, almost everyone who came for the protest left but some folks stayed (or arrived) to cause trouble. They had some rock throwing, etc. and police responded to protect the courthouse. They basically used tear gas to disperse the crowd. There were a couple of people took advantage to try to loot a store, and they were arrested. As was one person who had an accelerant device.

This basic scenario was probably the most common scenario in the way these protests went. No police were shirking their duties. You will just say any old thing. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom