Biden Tracker (3 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

“When Trump left office,” yes we are.

“At the high point during Trump’s term,” no we are not.

“Should the price of gas be as high as it is on our production levels?” No. Historically, the levels of production should be yielding lower gas prices.

“Is the issue the amount of gasoline we are refining, not the level of oil production in the US?” Yes. That is the issue.
    What months are we going by when we say “when Trump left office”? In November and December 2020 we averaged 11,102 bbl produced. Compare that to Nov & Dec. 2021 we averaged 11,686 bbl produced, and Jan-Mar 2022 YTD we are averaging 11,443 bbl produced. The delta between this production numbers are less than 5%. It might look like I am splitting hairs here, but I’m not. The demand in 2020 wasn’t similar to what it was in 2021 or even now in 2022 (we can all agree on that), so why would we expect production in 2020 to be on par with production in 2022?

So that was faux outrage before? Gotcha. Like I said, you are a caricature.
    You consider 'outrage' to include someone asking the other person in a debate to not put words in their mouth during the debate and then go for a thinly veiled personal attack? Got it. I knew the 'evil' thing was just an overly emotional response by you, that is why I brought it up. Thanks for playing along.
    The typical sensitive lefty response is to resort to personal attacks but for some reason I had you pegged as more in the center but I was wrong obviously.

What months are we going by when we say “when Trump left office”? In November and December 2020 we averaged 11,102 bbl produced. Compare that to Nov & Dec. 2021 we averaged 11,686 bbl produced, and Jan-Mar 2022 YTD we are averaging 11,443 bbl produced. The delta between this production numbers are less than 5%. It might look like I am splitting hairs here, but I’m not. The demand in 2020 wasn’t similar to what it was in 2021 or even now in 2022 (we can all agree on that), so why would we expect production in 2020 to be on par with production in 2022?
    I believe you are splitting hairs. You are correct production was higher under Trump. I fully admit that. However, as I have been saying all along, the issue isn’t oil production. It is gasoline production. We are below 2014 levels in gasoline refining. We are not below 2014 levels in oil production—not even close.

You consider 'outrage' to include someone asking the other person in a debate to not put words in their mouth during the debate and then go for a thinly veiled personal attack? Got it. I knew the 'evil' thing was just an overly emotional response by you, that is why I brought it up. Thanks for playing along.
    The typical sensitive lefty response is to resort to personal attacks but for some reason I had you pegged as more in the center but I was wrong obviously.
    Anyone that doesn’t agree with you is a “lefty.” I am a recent (relatively) independent, but a prior long time Republican. I haven’t said anything “lefty” in this thread about gas prices. I haven’t villainized the oil industry. I haven’t tried to blame Republicans. Instead, I have just said “these are market factors.” What is “lefty” about that? You are the one that’s mad because you want to make it political. As I said before, you WANT it to be Biden’s fault. Facts aren’t important to you. If the facts go against you, call the other poster a “lefty” and you win in your book. It is sad.

And yes, you were mocking offense at “words being put in your mouth” when you knew you previously said Biden was “intentionally hurting Americans.” You were just hoping I wouldn’t remember it. Stop making incendiary comments, and you won’t look foolish when you are called on it. Debate like an adult.

Last edited:
    Farb is ridiculously ignorant and makes fallacious arguments.

The US subsidizes fossil fuels more than three quarters of a trillion dollars.

more than 10X as much as they subsidize for renewables:

Attachments

• Fossil fuel subsidies vs renewable energy subsidies-thumb-350x262-6898.png
      Fossil fuel subsidies vs renewable energy subsidies-thumb-350x262-6898.png
      29.2 KB · Views: 111
    Anyone that doesn’t agree with you is a “lefty.” I am a recent (relatively) independent, but a prior long time Republican. I haven’t said anything “lefty” in this thread about gas prices. I haven’t villainized the oil industry. I haven’t tried to blame Republicans. Instead, I have just said “these are market factors.” What is “lefty” about that? You are the one that’s mad because you want to make it political. As I said before, you WANT it to be Biden’s fault. Facts aren’t important to you. If the facts go against you, call the other poster a “lefty” and you win in your book. It is sad.

And yes, you were mocking offense at “words being put in your mouth” when you knew you previously said Biden was “intentionally hurting Americans.” You were just hoping I wouldn’t remember it. Stop making incendiary comments, and you won’t look foolish when you are called on it. Debate like an adult.
    Yes nothing says debating like an adult like calling someone foolish and childish. I yield.

But you won't admit the market factors are created by political ideology. That is my point.
    So, in your opinion the war on fossil fuel that Biden declared when he promised he would "end fossil fuel" has not bearing at all on the current gas prices?

Anyone who disagrees with him is “being emotional”. He consistently plays that card. To his credit, unlike some, he doesn’t reserve it for women only, lol.

Yes nothing says debating like an adult like calling someone foolish and childish. I yield.

But you won't admit the market factors are created by political ideology. That is my point.
    So, in your opinion the war on fossil fuel that Biden declared when he promised he would "end fossil fuel" has not bearing at all on the current gas prices?

What actions have been taken by Biden in this area? Are you saying that his words, absent any action to inhibit US oil production, were enough to cause a worldwide spike in gas prices?

What actions have been taken by Biden in this area? Are you saying that his words, absent any action to inhibit US oil production, were enough to cause a worldwide spike in gas prices?
    What was one of his first acts as POTUS?

This might help:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/timeline-biden-actions-oil-gas-priorities

*January 20, 2021: One of Biden’s first actions was to revoke approval for the Keystone XL pipeline and impose a moratorium on oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters. Roughly 25% of U.S. production comes from federal areas. The Keystone XL cancellation confirmed to many policy-watchers Biden’s willingness to use one of climate activists’ favorite tactics – blocking "midstream" pipelines – to restrict "upstream" production. The moves were part of Biden’s broader climate agenda and target to reduce U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.

Do you think that cancellation of that pipeline had any effect on gas production in the US?

Also-the leases had sat vacant for a dozen years when he revoked them. Nobody wanted them.

What was one of his first acts as POTUS?

This might help:
    https://www.foxbusiness.com/energy/timeline-biden-actions-oil-gas-priorities

*January 20, 2021: One of Biden’s first actions was to revoke approval for the Keystone XL pipeline and impose a moratorium on oil and gas leasing on federal lands and waters. Roughly 25% of U.S. production comes from federal areas. The Keystone XL cancellation confirmed to many policy-watchers Biden’s willingness to use one of climate activists’ favorite tactics – blocking "midstream" pipelines – to restrict "upstream" production. The moves were part of Biden’s broader climate agenda and target to reduce U.S. greenhouse gas emissions by 50% by 2030 and achieve net-zero emissions by 2050.
    Lol. Keystone XL? So a pipeline that had not been built and that would not be transporting any oil for years, is the cause of the gas price increase now? Wow.

XL would have only transported Canadian oil. It is a non-factor.

As for additional leasing, even if he allowed those additional leases, they would not be anywhere near production at this point. That is even assuming the oil companies were willing to invest in additional rigs, which they have shown they have no interest in doing so.

So neither of those actions caused a reduction in oil production right now.

Lol. Keystone XL? So a pipeline that had not been built and that would not be transporting any oil for years, is the cause of the gas price increase now? Wow.

XL would have only transported Canadian oil. It is a non-factor.

As for additional leasing, even if he allowed those additional leases, they would not be anywhere near production at this point. That is even assuming the oil companies were willing to invest in additional rigs, which they have shown they have no interest in doing so.

So neither of those actions caused a reduction in oil production right now.
    Ok, so when asked what actions Biden has taken since in office to push his green new deal (that was voted down by our reps) and one of his first act is to cancel an oil pipeline, that has no ripple effect on the oil industry? So there was no benefit to American energy supply with that pipeline since it was Canadian oil?

Here is one of Biden's advisors. Does she agree with me or you?

Here is Bidesn Sec of engergy. She says the plan to lower gas prices is more green!
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...re-and-secretary-of-energy-jennifer-granholm/

The real truth is that as long as our nation rela- — remains overly reliant on oil and fossil fuels, we will feel the — these price shocks again. This is not going to be the last time. The next time there’s a war, the next time there’s a pandemic or another hurricane, these extreme weather events we are experiencing, they will impact the access that we have to fossil fuels.

The only way out of these boom-and-bust cycles is to break that sole reliance. And that means diversifying our fuel sources by deploying clean energy. And that’s why we’re laying a foundation for this clean energy economy with the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. It’s why the President has invoked the Defense Production Act to increase domestic manufacturing of these key clean energy technologies. It’s why we need federal clean energy tax credits to get the private sector jumping headfirst into these new markets, which will all make us secure both from a national security perspective and an energy security perspective, so that we are not under the thumb of petro dictators like Putin.

But nothing he has done has caused the increase in prices right now. Nothing. XL would have done nothing for US oil supplies because that oil was marked for export. We were just a pass-through country. You have been crying that it is all Biden’s fault when nothing he has done has caused a decrease in current production. He could have allowed the XL pipeline to continue and given the extra leases. We would still have the same shortage of GASOLINE today.

She is correct that the only way to stop the cycle of crazy gas prices is to get off the fossil fuels. I said that earlier. That is one of the things driving people toward electric. They are sick and tired of continuing to rely on fossils fuels and expecting a different result of the price surges every time a dictator decides to invade a neighbor.

You just don’t want to accept the FACT that the reason for increased gas prices right now is our reduced refining capacity. You can pump every ounce of oil out of the ground next week, and it wouldn’t increase the amount of gasoline that we can produce. Until our demand for GASOLINE (not oil) is below what we can produce, you will see high gas prices. Supply/demand. Basic economic stuff here.

We should be running, and pumping (heh) all of our available resources into making gas obsolete in regards to our auto industry. The oil industry isn’t investing in gasoline’s future. Why should we?

Ok, so when asked what actions Biden has taken since in office to push his green new deal (that was voted down by our reps) and one of his first act is to cancel an oil pipeline, that has no ripple effect on the oil industry? So there was no benefit to American energy supply with that pipeline since it was Canadian oil?

Here is Bidesn Sec of engergy. She says the plan to lower gas prices is more green!
    https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing...re-and-secretary-of-energy-jennifer-granholm/

The real truth is that as long as our nation rela- — remains overly reliant on oil and fossil fuels, we will feel the — these price shocks again. This is not going to be the last time. The next time there’s a war, the next time there’s a pandemic or another hurricane, these extreme weather events we are experiencing, they will impact the access that we have to fossil fuels.

The only way out of these boom-and-bust cycles is to break that sole reliance. And that means diversifying our fuel sources by deploying clean energy. And that’s why we’re laying a foundation for this clean energy economy with the President’s Bipartisan Infrastructure Law. It’s why the President has invoked the Defense Production Act to increase domestic manufacturing of these key clean energy technologies. It’s why we need federal clean energy tax credits to get the private sector jumping headfirst into these new markets, which will all make us secure both from a national security perspective and an energy security perspective, so that we are not under the thumb of petro dictators like Putin.

The fact that you think that's some type of gottcha that validates your point in any way is comical.

Also, she's 100% right and that's exactly what we should be doing. Thank you Biden!

The only conclusion to be drawn from this is that you like Putin's thumb.
    NTTAWWT but you should at least make him wash his hands.

But nothing he has done has caused the increase in prices right now. Nothing. XL would have done nothing for US oil supplies because that oil was marked for export. We were just a pass-through country. You have been crying that it is all Biden’s fault when nothing he has done has caused a decrease in current production. He could have allowed the XL pipeline to continue and given the extra leases. We would still have the same shortage of GASOLINE today.

She is correct that the only way to stop the cycle of crazy gas prices is to get off the fossil fuels. I said that earlier. That is one of the things driving people toward electric. They are sick and tired of continuing to rely on fossils fuels and expecting a different result of the price surges every time a dictator decides to invade a neighbor.

You just don’t want to accept the FACT that the reason for increased gas prices right now is our reduced refining capacity. You can pump every ounce of oil out of the ground next week, and it wouldn’t increase the amount of gasoline that we can produce. Until our demand for GASOLINE (not oil) is below what we can produce, you will see high gas prices. Supply/demand. Basic economic stuff here.

We should be running, and pumping (heh) all of our available resources into making gas obsolete in regards to our auto industry. The oil industry isn’t investing in gasoline’s future. Why should we?
    The oil industry is cut off from capital from banks due specifically to Biden's green new deal (that we, as a country voted down).
    Yes, there is push a for electric because of the Biden's policies are working exactly as intended. Cause enough pain and people will want relief, regardless if it is the best course of action or not.
    You just don't' want Biden to have any responsibility, just like he doesn't want to take responsibility for his actions. That is why we have the cute little catch phrases, that sadly work for a lot of dolts in this country, "putin's price hike'. When it sounds like a bumper sticker slogan, then it was made up to influence the stupid people. And it is working. We just have a lot more stupid people in this country than not.

The only conclusion to be drawn from this is that you like Putin's thumb.
    NTTAWWT but you should at least make him wash his hands.
    Remember when I talked about bumper sticker slogans...here is another one.

The fact that you think that's some type of gottcha that validates your point in any way is comical.

Also, she's 100% right and that's exactly what we should be doing. Thank you Biden!
    Yeah, thanks! Those folks that all the left really seems to care about that are driving a 2003 Kia really appreciate the kick in the pants to get to work so they can afford a new EV like our political and cultural leaders.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom