Biden Tracker (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Yeah, it is working out great so far. Please continue to ideological campaingn and punish millions of Americans that are barely making it as it is. Good plan.
    You mean like freezing them because winterizing power-delivery systems costs money?

Americans are already being punished by the deregulated system, my man.

If you had to invest all the money you had right now for a long term investment, would you invest in an electric or gas based motor vehicle industry?
    My largest equity position at the moment is CVX, so I suppose I am playing both sides here.

My largest equity position at the moment is CVX, so I suppose I am playing both sides here.
    That was actually a poorly worded question on my part. Apologies.

If you were in the auto industry, where would you invest in infrastructure? A new plant for gas-only based vehicles, or a new plant for electric-only vehicles? I would choose electric. I think within 5 years we will have figured out a fast charge/quick battery change.

1655912799364.jpeg

Notice that the demand for electric cars was increasing throughout the Trump administration. Was he also at war with the oil industry? This is a trend that started before Biden.
    Was there a government sponsored subsidies for purchase of EV?
    He was not at war with the oil industry. Did you notice the gas prices during his term?

I am not denying the future is renewable. I wish it was today, but it is not and to act like the pain at the pump is not a direct response to the push of the green new deal (again, that was voted down in congress) is just naïve. That is my point.

You mean like freezing them because winterizing power-delivery systems costs money?

Americans are already being punished by the deregulated system, my man.
    Can I go back to my our level punishment a year ago?

Was there a government sponsored subsidies for purchase of EV?
    He was not at war with the oil industry. Did you notice the gas prices during his term?

I am not denying the future is renewable. I wish it was today, but it is not and to act like the pain at the pump is not a direct response to the push of the green new deal (again, that was voted down in congress) is just naïve. That is my point.
    You were just saying that the reason people were buying more EVs was because of evil Biden. I have been saying all along that there is a move toward EVs by the public. A move, as you can see, that continued throughout the Trump presidency. This just shows that my position that the switch to EVs was more of a free market move than a Biden policy. You know it’s true, you just don’t WANT it to be true.

If you were in the auto industry, where would you invest in infrastructure? A new plant for gas-only based vehicles, or a new plant for electric-only vehicles? I would choose electric. I think within 5 years we will have figured out a fast charge/quick battery change.
    I think electric is the way of the future, however I remain planted in the belief that this is similar to the period when horses were being replaced by early steam engines and cars (as a means of transportation). At some point the horse will all but be phased out (and the car will rule the road), but today is not that day. Heck, I don’t think that day will arrive for at least another 10 years.

You were just saying that the reason people were buying more EVs was because of evil Biden. I have been saying all along that there is a move toward EVs by the public. A move, as you can see, that continued throughout the Trump presidency. This just shows that my position that the switch to EVs was more of a free market move than a Biden policy. You know it’s true, you just don’t WANT it to be true.
    Did I ever call Bide 'evil' or are you putting words in my mouth?

I said people are wanting (most can't afford it) an EV because of the policies of this administration. Do those policies go back to Obama, they do. If the government wants give someone money to buy a certain product over another product would you consider that a free market?

I said people are wanting (most can't afford it) an EV because of the policies of this administration. Do those policies go back to Obama, they do. If the government wants give someone money to buy a certain product over another product would you consider that a free market?
    if these tax subsidies are so much a Green New Deal concept (they aren’t, but you say they are), why didn’t the Trump administration do away with them? Why would a Republican administration subsidize EV?

Well you did say he was “intentionally hurting” the American people, so…maybe don’t use language like that if you don’t want to be called out on it.

We can just see where they're doing it. It's mostly going towards EV's as far as I know. I'd like to think Hybrid will be a big part of it as well. There are advantages to both systems.

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/01/25/gm-...id-to-dethrone-tesla-in-ev-sales-by-2025.html

https://www.autonews.com/manufactur...ments-compare-billions-dollars-thousands-jobs

Ford and GM are each spending around $30 Billion, with a B, towards EV and autonomous driving. Now they still spend a lot of gas engines too. The second link suggested that Ford would spend more on EV's compared to gas engines in 2023. So, they have to be near equal. They are laying down an $11.4 Billion campus in Tennessee and Kentucky for EV's.

if these tax subsidies are so much a Green New Deal concept (they aren’t, but you say they are), why didn’t the Trump administration do away with them? Why would a Republican administration subsidize EV?
    I think they were going to, or tried. Not sure. Trump said a lot of fun things that never happened.

Well you did say he was “intentionally hurting” the American people, so…maybe don’t use language like that if you don’t want to be called out on it.
    Yeah, you are right. He might be evil.

we're producing more oil now than when trump left office.

That's one of those inconvenient "facts" that get ignored by the right wing because it doesn't "feel" right to the them.

I mean, a Democrat is president, so they have to have passed the green new deal and lowered oil production with overburdening regulation. That's what they "feel" happens when there's a Dem president, so that must be true.

“When Trump left office,” yes we are.

“At the high point during Trump’s term,” no we are not.

“Should the price of gas be as high as it is on our production levels?” No. Historically, the levels of production should be yielding lower gas prices.

“Is the issue the amount of gasoline we are refining, not the level of oil production in the US?” Yes. That is the issue. We are below 2014 levels of gasoline production in this country right now.

*EDIT* I would add that we are substantially above our 2014 domestic oil production according to the graph referenced by el caliente. So, oil production isn’t the issue.

Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom