Biden Tracker (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

ERCOT is going to ERCOT. We keep getting messages from our utility company asking us to conserve energy during the hours of 12pm-7pm as not to strain the grid. Freaking ERCOT, has me feel like I am living in California.
I'm surprised we have yet to have issues here in Louisiana with 95-100 degree heat.

Yes, I am sure that “All things being equal” (quicker battery recharge times, cheaper prices, more miles charged, etc.) would lead more people to owning EVs, but we aren’t there yet, which is why more folks prefer their gas powered vehicles to EVs.
And yet, despite its negatives, demand for electric cars is still increasing. It wasn’t that long ago when an electric car was a small box that you could drive for maybe an hour. Every time advancements are made, more people will switch.

We shouldn’t have to be taking chances. I am willing to trade some additional regulations on the energy grid so that we don’t have to worry about our electricity every time it gets hot or cold.
But that’s the thing, regulated (Entergy Louisiana) or deregulated (California’s energy or Texas’ ERCOT), both have problems. Nothing is going to be perfect until more bandwidth is provided to the grids, or alternative energies become more prevalent.

It sucks, but it is what it is.

But that’s the thing, regulated (Entergy Louisiana) or deregulated (California’s energy or Texas’ ERCOT), both have problems. Nothing is going to be perfect until more bandwidth is provided to the grids, or alternative energies become more prevalent.

It sucks, but it is what it is.
Well, Texas could connect to the national grid so that if our plants shut down, we could funnel some power from sources outside of Texas. If we would have had that, the freeze shutdown would not have happened. A solution to some of the problems with the Texas grid is right in front of our face, but we want to cut off our nose to spite our face.

Where do you think electric comes from? At this point, fossil fuels are much more practical. In the future, hopefully not, but right now, this administration has said it plans to destroy the fossil fuel industry and force a diversification and then it wonders why there are no investigates to help with the problem they created. Typical leftist policy that has no basis in the current and real world.

You really believe this administration in a year and a half has destroyed the fossil fuel industry? The intent of moving away from fossil fuel is not to destroy the industry, it is to address the myriad of problems that fossil fuels create and move to something more sustainable.

If the administration doesn't make plans to move away from fossil fuel, then how exactly will that happen to scale? That is what government is for.

Last edited:
And yet, despite its negatives, demand for electric cars is still increasing. It wasn’t that long ago when an electric car was a small box that you could drive for maybe an hour. Every time advancements are made, more people will switch.
No doubt, they are popular right now as gas is avg. $4.95/gl, however I wonder if we go back to our old ways, and gas powered vehicles continue to dominate sales, or if EVs continue their trend in popularity.

Time will tell.

Are you incapable of reading what I wrote or are you deliberately trying to avoid my statement? “All things being equal” means just that. Electric car prices are dropping. When they are comparable to gas and you can quickly charge/change batteries, you will see demand really increase.

No one is being “forced” to buy electric. You said earlier that you recently bought a gas powered car. The length you will go to victimize yourself is comical.
I understand you statement, it is just wrong. All things are not equal and they are deliberately not equal. The inequality is due to political pandering by this administration to increase demand for renewable energy. You just refuse to see it or acknowledge it because your 'team renewable' is responsible.

You started this crusade insisting that this has no political background at all. Biden and his administration has no reasonability and anyone who thought otherwise was an uneducated rube. I am simply pointing this is entirely political and the end game is the green new deal that was voted down in congress. This is 100% this administrations fault and completely planned. "We will be 'green' no matter how much it may destroy this country."

No doubt, they are popular right now as gas is avg. $4.95/gl, however I wonder if we go back to our old ways, and gas powered vehicles continue to dominate sales, or if EVs continue their trend in popularity.

Time will tell.
If you had to invest all the money you had right now for a long term investment, would you invest in an electric or gas based motor vehicle industry?

Around here? Hydropower.
Wind.
Solar.
Natural gas.
Coal and diesel generators are just the dingleberry, failed leftovers of crony capitalism.
The sooner we let them die, the better.
Yeah, it is working out great so far. Please continue to ideological campaingn and punish millions of Americans that are barely making it as it is. Good plan.

You really believe this administration in a year and a half has destroyed the fossil fuel industry? The intent of moving away from fossil fuel is not to destroy the industry, it is to address the myriad of problems that fossil fuels create and move to something more sustainable.

If the administration doesn't make plans to move away from fossil fuel, then how exactly will that happen to scale? That is what government is for.
The government is for forcing a 'green new deal' that was voted down by the people in congress? That is the left view of government, but not Americans.

I understand you statement, it is just wrong. All things are not equal and they are deliberately not equal. The inequality is due to political pandering by this administration to increase demand for renewable energy. You just refuse to see it or acknowledge it because your 'team renewable' is responsible.

You started this crusade insisting that this has no political background at all. Biden and his administration has no reasonability and anyone who thought otherwise was an uneducated rube. I am simply pointing this is entirely political and the end game is the green new deal that was voted down in congress. This is 100% this administrations fault and completely planned. "We will be 'green' no matter how much it may destroy this country."
You are just a caricature at this point. It is “entirely” political? Seriously? You susceptibility to conspiracy theories is concerning. I am not going to rehash the points I have made. Read them again. Or don’t. If they don’t fit your preconceived beliefs, you will just ignore them anyway.

The government is for forcing a 'green new deal' that was voted down by the people in congress? That is the left view of government, but not Americans.

If the government is forcing a 'green new deal', then why has US fossil fuel production continued to increase? The last dip was in 2020 with Trump.

After declining in 2020, the combined production of U.S. fossil fuels (including natural gas, crude oil, and coal) increased by 2% in 2021 to 77.14 quadrillion British thermal units. Based on forecasts in our latest Short-Term Energy Outlook (STEO), we expect U.S. fossil fuel production to continue rising in both 2022 and 2023, surpassing production in 2019, to reach a new record in 2023.

You are just a caricature at this point. It is “entirely” political? Seriously? You susceptibility to conspiracy theories is concerning. I am not going to rehash the points I have made. Read them again. Or don’t. If they don’t fit your preconceived beliefs, you will just ignore them anyway.
Aw, thanks. Big head little body or big body little head? I also want to be driving a gas powered little car too, if you don't mind.
Your susceptibility to believe whatever your politicians put out is actually more concerning than any 'crazy' conspiracy theories that I can come up with.
You point was this gas hike is due to the public the demand of electric and a push back against fossil fuels. My point is that demand is created by an administration that is trying to enforce a bill/deal that was voted down in congress.

@Farb, Are you happy/grateful about the suspension of the gas tax that Biden is proposing?
I don't know why it took this long. Not really happy or grateful because I think we are way over taxed as is. This only makes sense. Good for Biden on this and if anyone opposes it, they should lose any reelection bids

My crappy governor should suspend the states too, but those grubby little hands have to pay their supporters and make sure everyone gets money but us peasants.

1655912799364.jpeg

Notice that the demand for electric cars was increasing throughout the Trump administration. Was he also at war with the oil industry? This is a trend that started before Biden.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom