All things Racist...USA edition (9 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    I was looking for a place to put this so we could discuss but didn't really find a place that worked so I created this thread so we can all place articles, experiences, videos and examples of racism in the USA.

This is one that happened this week. The lady even called and filed a complaint on the officer. This officer also chose to wear the body cam (apparently, LA doesn't require this yet). This exchange wasn't necessarily racist IMO until she started with the "mexican racist...you will never be white, like you want" garbage. That is when it turned racist IMO

All the murderer and other insults, I think are just a by product of CRT and ACAB rhetoric that is very common on the radical left and sadly is being brought to mainstream in this country.

Another point that I think is worth mentioning is she is a teacher and the sense of entitlement she feels is mind blowing.

https://news.yahoo.com/black-teacher-berates-latino-la-221235341.html

Ironically, he also demonstrated an actual ad hominem argument, by responding to your argument without addressing the substance of it and instead accusing you of having a 'wall of defensive mechanisms'.

Which he does a lot.

You're going to break his brain, Rob.

I think faking a hate crime should be given harsher punishment than faking a crime or false reporting, for the same reasons that a hate crime is given harsher punishment.

A fake hate crime impacts everyone in the group of the fake victim just like a hate crime.
    I agree, and I would think that would already be the case? If, for example, someone commits a burglary and fakes racist graffiti as a false lead, I would think that would be seen as a greater aggravating factor than if they'd faked non-racist graffiti? I don't know though, I would imagine it would come down to what exactly they're being charged with and what the sentencing guidelines are.

With regard to how hate crimes and fake hate crimes are treated differently, I'd add that we take into account intent as well as consequence, right? Someone who accidentally hits someone with their car and kills them is not treated the same as someone who deliberately runs someone over, even though the outcome is the same for the victim (note, I'm giving this as an example of the principle, not drawing an analogy).

So in the case of an actual hate crime, we have hate as an intent, whereas we don't necessarily have that in the case of a fake hate crime. So in that aspect, they would be treated differently; but that doesn't necessarily mean less harshly, because, again, it would depend on what the specific crime they're actually being charged with is and what the specific sentencing guidelines that might apply are. There's a lot of possible scenarios (actual hate crime, someone faking hate crime to draw attention to something, someone faking a hate crime to try to draw attention away from something else, etc.).

If someone is going around murdering white men because they hate white men, then it affects all white men, because any of them could be the next target.

Falsely reporting that there is someone going around murdering white men because they hate white men would have the exact same impact on all white men as it would if there really was a murder going around murdering white men because they hate white men.
    I get the intent, but unless I'm misunderstanding it, I'm not sure that's the best example, because in the scenario where there really is someone going around murdering white men, I don't think it's the exact same impact for the white men getting murdered...

Last edited:
    I agree, and I would think that would already be the case? If, for example, someone commits a burglary and fakes racist graffiti as a false lead, I would think that would be seen as a greater aggravating factor than if they'd faked non-racist graffiti? I don't know though, I would imagine it would come down to what exactly they're being charged with and what the sentencing guidelines are.

With regard to how hate crimes and fake hate crimes are treated differently, I'd add that we take into account intent as well as consequence, right? Someone who accidentally hits someone with their car and kills them is not treated the same as someone who deliberately runs someone over, even though the outcome is the same for the victim (note, I'm giving this as an example of the principle, not drawing an analogy).

So in the case of an actual hate crime, we have hate as an intent, whereas we don't necessarily have that in the case of a fake hate crime. So in that aspect, they would be treated differently; but that doesn't necessarily mean less harshly, because, again, it would depend on what the specific crime they're actually being charged with is and what the specific sentencing guidelines that might apply are. There's a lot of possible scenarios (actual hate crime, someone faking hate crime to draw attention to something, someone faking a hate crime to try to draw attention away from something else, etc.).

I get the intent, but unless I'm misunderstood it, I'm not sure that's the best example, because in the scenario where there really is someone going around murdering white men, I don't think it's the exact same impact for the white men getting murdered...

The impact is the same on the white men not murdered. The "hate crime" effect part of the two examples is the same, at least until we learn the latter was a hoax.

I forgot to ask: Tell me where I lack knowledge. I will be happy to read up on the subject.

I did... by responding to a post on the topic of ad hominem attacks. What did you think I was talking about, animal husbandry?

Very well said. I agree. And I think you said what I was trying to say better.
    Okay, if you agree that both doing a hate crime and faking one should be equal in punishment then we are on the same page. Cause I couldn’t figure it out from your post, lol.

I do think this is a bit of a departure for you isn’t it? Cause earlier you didn’t like it that hate crimes have a harsher punishment than just regular graffiti, for example. IIRC, and sometimes I don’t.

I think @Farb ’s point, (and please excuse me for speaking for you) is, he sees a violent crime as a violent crime and the racial (or otherwise) intent shouldn’t matter. Assault is assault. Murder is murder.

And I can see where he is coming from, I just disagree. I wish we lived in a society with no crime. Ain’t happening. With that in mind, if all violent crimes were committed (if they must be committed at all) for say revenge, money, or crimes of passion then I would agree. But they aren’t. Some people are attacked simply for being. There is no motive other than hate for someone else. To me that is a special circumstance that should carry a heavy penalty.

Okay, if you agree that both doing a hate crime and faking one should be equal in punishment then we are on the same page. Cause I couldn’t figure it out from your post, lol.

I do think this is a bit of a departure for you isn’t it? Cause earlier you didn’t like it that hate crimes have a harsher punishment than just regular graffiti, for example. IIRC, and sometimes I don’t.

I would have burned this racist house down by now. I don't know how these good people have dealt with this waste for so long and their amygdala hasn't kicked in yet.

How is this not the legal definition of harassment? Police are so useless in situation like this, but they'll be there to arrest the black family when violence finally breaks out.

I would have burned this racist house down by now. I don't know how these good people have dealt with this waste for so long and their amygdala hasn't kicked in yet.

How is this not the legal definition of harassment? Police are so useless in situation like this, but they'll be there to arrest the black family when violence finally breaks out.

This is what I call obvious racism people. This needs special attention. I would not mind a perennial crew of BLM chanting slogans in front of the home.

Last edited:

Yeah, that is garbage. I am not a fan of BLM by any stretch of the imagination, but I would stand and applaud a group outside that house.

I don't see how that is not harassment. Good on those people for not burning the house down, they have more restraint than God would grant me.

I think @Farb ’s point, (and please excuse me for speaking for you) is, he sees a violent crime as a violent crime and the racial (or otherwise) intent shouldn’t matter. Assault is assault. Murder is murder.

And I can see where he is coming from, I just disagree. I wish we lived in a society with no crime. Ain’t happening. With that in mind, if all violent crimes were committed (if they must be committed at all) for say revenge, money, or crimes of passion then I would agree. But they aren’t. Some people are attacked simply for being. There is no motive other than hate for someone else. To me that is a special circumstance that should carry a heavy penalty.
    This does not happen often but @CoolBrees, you get me!
    That is exactly correct on how I thought and answered better than I would have been able to do. Cheers!!!

If there aren't crowds standing in front of that racist's house protesting soon, it reflects negatively on the people of Virginia Beach IMO.

The post, which first made the rounds on social media late last week, shows two students holding a Homecoming dance proposal sign that reads, “If I were Black, I’d be picking cotton. But I’m white, so I’m picking you for [Homecoming].”

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom