All Things LGBTQ+ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Yes, nature makes errors. It is likely some wires are crossed in the brain and the person feels she (or he) belongs to the opposite sex. It is an expected deviation form normal. That is why they need compassion and understanding. In addition they need heavy duty psych counseling due to the high rate of suicide attempt. i do not dispute any of that.

You are missing the point completely. You were talking about errors in chromosomal pairings. If a woman hardwired in her brain to be a woman is born with XY chromosomes, that is an error in chromosomal pairing, not in the development of the brain. You don't just get to change shirt around to suit your argument.

You are missing the point completely. You were talking about errors in chromosomal pairings. If a woman hardwired in her brain to be a woman is born with XY chromosomes, that is an error in chromosomal pairing, not in the development of the brain. You don't just get to change shirt around to suit your argument.
    You state that the error is in the chromosomes and that the brain is correct. Do you realize that every single cell in that person is either XY or XX. That means that neurons are either XX or XY. The only exception are the gametes which may be X or Y in males and always X in females.

To assume that every cell in the body is incorrect for having XX (female) or XY (male) is (respectfully said) a lunatic assertion. The greater likelihood is that there may be a developmental issue with the brain which as you can guess a very complex organ, a very sophisticated biological computer. Imagine a complex computer program where the code is faulty in a couple of places. That is much more plausible, CM.

It is well known that high testosterone in the prenatal period causes girls to tomboys. They show interest in male things, but as far as I know do not change the gender orientation. Why a minority of people feel they have the wrong body remains a mystery CM. I have to respectfully say your theory is way off.

You state that the error is in the chromosomes and that the brain is correct. Do you realize that every single cell in that person is either XY or XX. That means that neurons are either XX or XY. The only exception are the gametes which may be X or Y in males and always X in females.

To assume that every cell in the body is incorrect for having XX (female) or XY (male) is (respectfully said) a lunatic assertion. The greater likelihood is that there may be a developmental issue with the brain which as you can guess a very complex organ, a very sophisticated biological computer. Imagine a complex computer program where the code is faulty in a couple of places. That is much more plausible, CM.

It is well known that high testosterone in the prenatal period causes girls to tomboys. They show interest in male things, but as far as I know do not change the gender orientation. Why a minority of people feel they have the wrong body remains a mystery CM. I have to respectfully say your theory is way off.

Do you mean... nature doesn't make errors with chromosomal pairings? Make up your mind, P.

Nature makes errors everywhere. Chromosomal anomalies are well known. What is your point? Are you sating that an XX person that feels male is normal?

I am saying that you made the claim that there are errors in nature as it pertains to chromosomes, but when the notion that it's possible for someone to be one gender based on their brain and another based on their chromosomes, you suddenly revert to a "the chromosomes are right" defense. You are completely inconsistent from one post to the next.

I am saying that you made the claim that there are errors in nature as it pertains to chromosomes, but when the notion that it's possible for someone to be one gender based on their brain and another based on their chromosomes, you suddenly revert to a "the chromosomes are right" defense. You are completely inconsistent from one post to the next.
    There are errors in nature CM. However, when a person with XX (or XY) with no chromosomal errors feels she or he is trapped in the wrong body the issue is a problem with the biological computer (the brain). All it takes is a couple of mistakes and that can make a huge difference. Just imagine a large comp[uter program with a tiny bug in the code. That bug can make a huge difference. It is a miracle that our brains function so well.

No one expects 100% perfection in nature, however, nature is correct most of the time. In the overwhelming majority of humans the gender aligns with the sex. This does not mean trans people do not deserve all the care in the world. The rate of suicide attempts is off the charts. Being trans is not a cakewalk and they deserve the best humanity can offer.

There are errors in nature CM. However, when a person with XX (or XY) with no chromosomal errors feels she or he is trapped in the wrong body the issue is a problem with the biological computer (the brain). All it takes is a couple of mistakes and that can make a huge difference. Just imagine a large comp[uter program with a tiny bug in the code. That bug can make a huge difference. It is a miracle that our brains function so well.

No one expects 100% perfection in nature, however, nature is correct most of the time. In the overwhelming majority of humans the gender aligns with the sex. This does not mean trans people do not deserve all the care in the world. The rate of suicide attempts is off the charts. Being trans is not a cakewalk and they deserve the best humanity can offer.

You're just asserting that there are no chromosomal issues. To piggyback on your analogy, it's not always a software issue. If the code is good but the hard drive has some bad sectors, the data gets corrupted.

Last edited:
    You're just asserting that there are no chromosomal issues. To piggyback on your analogy, it's not always a software issue. If the is good but the hard drive has some bad sectors, the data gets corrupted.
    The typical trans person has no chromosomal issues. They are as normal as anyone. The problem is that they feel their gender and sex are mismatched. As I said for the overwhelming majority of people the gender and sex match.

By the way there are all kinds of anomalies in nature. Too little time to write, but you can google.

The typical trans person has no chromosomal issues. They are as normal as anyone. The problem is that they feel their gender and sex are mismatched. As I said for the overwhelming majority of people the gender and sex match.

By the way there are all kinds of anomalies in nature. Too little time to write, but you can google.

Look straight up, above your head. That thing you see sailing by is the point.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...rds-weekend-meets-14-SECONDS-ahead-rival.html

38 seconds in a very long time in the swimming world. I guess young women working for excellence in a sport is no longer worthy of protection from a society?

You're making this out like something awful happened. I read the article and I would assume most of the articles will cover it about the same. They will report that "she" set a record like no other "she" ever has, but then they will go on to explain how that came about, and the less spectacular records which have been earned in the past, and in the future by women who were naturally born she's will still be recorded and viewed as the real the women's records.

If it comes to counting wins in contests between "she" and natural born she's, the corrections will be applied in the news print and the natural born she's actual wins will be remembered and counted.

So nothing really has happened except excessive eye rolling. No need to stop the world and get off. Nothing here need to be fixed.

font_back_mockup_1600x.jpg

Last edited:
    You're making this out like something awful happened. I read the article and I would assume most of the articles will cover it about the same. They will report that "she" set a record like no other "she" ever has, but then they will go on to explain how that came about, and the less spectacular records which have been earned in the past, and in the future by women who were naturally born she's will still be recorded and viewed as the real the women's records.

If it comes to counting wins in contests between "she" and natural born she's, the corrections will be applied in the news print and the natural born she's actual wins will be remembered and counted.

So nothing really has happened except excessive eye rolling. No need to stop the world and get off. Nothing here need to be fixed.

Well, a couple of things happened, and some more will happen.

Thomas took the place of an XX on the swim team.
    Thomas robbed the moment of winning various races from actual XX's.
    The records will stand and will be recorded (as far as I know).

"Less spectacular records"... interesting choice of words.

A Catholic diocese in Michigan has instructed its pastors to deny baptism, confirmation and other sacraments to transgender and nonbinary people unless they have “repented” — possibly the first diocese in the United States to issue such a sweeping policy about those who identify with a gender other than their sex assigned at birth.

The guidance issued by the Diocese of Marquette also stipulates that transgender people may not receive Communion, which Catholics believe is the literal body and blood of Jesus Christ.

In most circumstances, they cannot receive the anointing of the sick, which is meant to provide physical or spiritual healing to those who are seriously ill.

The guidance was issued in July but only recently sparked a debate after a prominent priest and advocate for LGBTQ Catholics shared it on Twitter……..

A Catholic diocese in Michigan has instructed its pastors to deny baptism, confirmation and other sacraments to transgender and nonbinary people unless they have “repented” — possibly the first diocese in the United States to issue such a sweeping policy about those who identify with a gender other than their sex assigned at birth.

The guidance issued by the Diocese of Marquette also stipulates that transgender people may not receive Communion, which Catholics believe is the literal body and blood of Jesus Christ.

In most circumstances, they cannot receive the anointing of the sick, which is meant to provide physical or spiritual healing to those who are seriously ill.

The guidance was issued in July but only recently sparked a debate after a prominent priest and advocate for LGBTQ Catholics shared it on Twitter……..

I don't hate it at all. I might start sending some donations their way.

Well, they used to stone them to death or burn them at the stake, so... baby steps.

That also gives them more private time with the altar boys.

Last edited:
    Well, they used to stone them to death or burn them at the stake, so... baby steps.

That also gives them more private time with the altar boys.

"I think I was born with the wrong sexual plumbing"
    "No communion for you!"

"Hi, I just got transferred here for molesting little kids."
    "Not only do you get to receive communion, you're due to give it next Sunday!"

And they wonder why the Catholic Church is losing members left and right.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom