All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

I'm sure we'll see more of these
    ========================

A Jackson County, Missouri, jury has ruled that a school district in the state must pay a transgender former student $4 million for discriminating against him on the basis of sex.

According to court documents seen by the Associated Press, the jury said in a ruling last week that Blue Springs School District discriminated against former student RJ Appleberry by not allowing him to use the boys' bathrooms or locker rooms in the school district's middle school or Freshman Center.

Appleberry transitioned from female to male in 2010 according to court documents seen by AP. Court records seen by Insider show the student legally changed his name and gender on his birth certificate in 2014.

The student's mother, Rachelle Appleberry, repeatedly asked the school district to allow her son to use the male restrooms after he initially transitioned in fourth grade and again after he legally transitioned in 2014, but her requests were denied, according to court documents seen by the Kansas City Star.

The school district argued he could not use the same bathroom and locker rooms as other boys because he still had female genitalia, court filings said, according to the Kansas City Star..............

I am all for school districts to be sued into extinction, so good for the dude.

Farb,,, you don't want that.

:geek:

School districts simply ARE, they'll go extinct only if humans go extinct.

If someone tries to sue them into extinction, their extinction won't be the result. What the result will be is they'll tax you more by raising the mill levies to make up for the difference.

At that point you can elect a new slate of school board members if you and your fellow citizens want to.

The fact that they call them mill levies makes that relationship obvious. Mill levies are the boards that are slipped into groves to set the working water level of a mill pond. Adding a board increases the dams impoundment and raises the water level. Removing a board spills water from the impoundment and decreases the water level.

That they choose the nomenclature "mill levie" to designate the means to calculate property taxes makes it clear what the deal is, that which is supported by mill levie is something WILL be bought and paid for. Regarded as necessity.

Here's what the Buck's mill dam's mill levies look like when installed into their groves to adjust the water level at what they want it to be.

BucksmillDam1.JPG

Standing on that walkway with your line out in the splash basin below mill pond levies are usually good spots to fish.

Derp.

This is just dumb. What's your grievance with school districts (besides your lame CRT theory that it's being taught to toddlers in preschool)?

Derp.

This is just dumb. What's your grievance with school districts (besides your lame CRT theory that it's being taught to toddlers in preschool)?
    Very challenging reply.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/second-female-penn-swimmer-steps-forward-describes-teammates-in-tears

"They feel so discouraged because no matter how much work they put in it, they’re going to lose. Usually, they can get behind the blocks and know they out-trained all their competitors and they’re going to win and give it all they’ve got," the source said.
    "Now they’re having to go behind the blocks knowing no matter what, they do not have the chance to win. I think that it’s really getting to everyone."

After just five meets and the Akron Invitational, Thomas has not just destroyed opponents. The Penn freestyle records are being rewritten by a swimmer who was second-team All-Ivy league in 2018-19 — as a male.

Is this Transphobia too? It baffles me there are people who still support this kind of nonsense.

This is how bad this is.

Because the model we are using is not working. The education is primarily now geared toward social justice causes and not education.
    Can you back that up with anything remotely resembling proof? I don’t believe you can, because the only things you think you know are spoon-fed to you through the right wing outrage machine.

Because the model we are using is not working. The education is primarily now geared toward social justice causes and not education.
    Farb you watch too many of those news shows where they yak all day long about that which they don't have the foggiest notion about.

Education is primarily geared toward reading, writing, and math. Science, and social studies as they always were, and it is in social studies that a kid might hear 4 or 5 hours of lecture about race issues.

Teachers are concerned and live in fear of saying anything in a class room that might be garbled and then passed on to parents who will then garbled it some more before they come to a full steam and pass that on to the School board in an over heated meeting, where upon the teacher will be fired for building a fire under the school board.

Those social studies teachers are by in large pretty circumspect about how they approach any hot button topic as a result.

But those news shows cheery pick stories, both the truth and the fable from a few selected events that do come up from across the nation.

There are approximately 13,800 school districts across the nation and if one in a hundred districts has a flap about one social studies teacher who gets caught up in a hot button flap about what they are teaching once a year then there will be 138 flaps for those news shows hosts to yak on and on about, a 138 flaps a year for the viewers to become concerned with, because to them it will sound like teachers everywhere are complicit in a scandalous plot to overthrow life itself as well as the social order.

Oh' my.

The thing is at least two thirds of those 138 flaps will be as a result of three layers of "telephone" exaggeration, so among those 138 sordid tales there will be perhaps 45 actual events where a teacher spoke out of line across all of America.

A district might have say 30 social studies teachers employed. About a half a million of them across the nation, and perhaps 45 a year actually make a statement in front of a class that actually goes over the line.

Those news show hosts will be happy to make that sound like it's happening on a daily basis in your town. They'll yak endlessly about how terrible it's all become.

The kids are going to hell in a hand basket you know, oh' what will we do about it all.

You don't have any idea what you are talking about.

How can you say with any certainty how the ENTIRE US EDUCATION SYSTEM is "geared"?

Spoken like someone who has spent exactly zero years in the public education system.

Can you back that up with anything remotely resembling proof? I don’t believe you can, because the only things you think you know are spoon-fed to you through the right wing outrage machine.
    Show me proof our education system is working? How much money do we need in order to make it work?

https://www.theatlantic.com/educati...e-world-expensive-unequal-bad-at-math/281983/

https://www.thebalance.com/the-u-s-is-losing-its-competitive-advantage-3306225

https://www.maciverinstitute.com/2021/05/critical-race-theory-in-wisconsin-k12-education/

Last edited:
    You made the assortation that the Education System was not working.

The onus of proof is on you.

Otherwise your thought and opinions have no validity and are merely rhetoric.

You made the assortation that the Education System was not working.

The onus of proof is on you.

Otherwise your thought and opinions have no validity and are merely rhetoric.
    Cool, thanks for posting the rules to how you want to engage on this board. It is a debate, the onus is on both sides. Show me proof that our education is doing its job.

I provided my proof that it is failing, your turn.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom