All Things LGBTQ+ (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

If you are born with a penis you are a male. If you born with a vagina you are a female. If you are born with both you are a hermaphrodites. Anything else is a mental disorder.

In your estimation, trans people are just men and women suffering from a mental disorder and are therefore unable to accurately determine their own gender. Is that an accurate statement regarding your opinion?

So much stupidity to unpack here.

1. Gender dysphoria is a mental disorder. Bringing one's outward body to more closely match their gender identity is one way to treat the disorder.

2. Treating people with dignity and respect is one way to help them feel accepted. People that feel accepted by their loved ones and by society as a whole are more likely to have a strong social network in place to help with things like depression, suicidal thoughts, etc.

Do you disagree with either of these things?
    1. Not with the current rate of suicide among trans
    2. I think it would be more effective to NOT try to normalize trans behavior. It’s a sickness. You can be as nice and compassionate as you want. But society attempts to tell these people that they are normal, when they are not.

In your estimation, trans people are just men and women suffering from a mental disorder and are therefore unable to accurately determine their own gender. Is that an accurate statement regarding your opinion?
    They can surely identify themselves. All they have to do is Pull their pants down.

2. I think it would be more effective to NOT try to normalize trans behavior. It’s a sickness. You can be as nice and compassionate as you want. But society attempts to tell these people that they are normal, when they are not.
    Normal is whatever we decide it is.

Being trans is not a sickness by any medical definition or expert opinion. Any view to the contrary is one that ignores the voice of the medical community. Your incorrect, unsupported opinions are noted and dismissed.

They can surely identify themselves. All they have to do is Pull their pants down.

See above. And perhaps see a professional to help with your unhealthy obsession with other people's genitals.

Right. And attempting to normalize this behavior has resulted in thousands upon thousands of suicides.

No, that would be bigoted butt crevasses that mock, harass, and assault people for daring to be different and be themselves.

If there is much more to this, tell me. What is that?
    CM: If a woman is born with a vulva and she thinks she is a man she is bound to have some psychological discomfort. IF a man thinks he is a woman having a penis may be traumatic.

You and your comrades somehow think the psychological stress is due to discrimination. I think there is more to the story.

CM: If a woman is born with a vulva and she thinks she is a man she is bound to have some psychological discomfort. IF a man thinks he is a woman having a penis may be traumatic.

You and your comrades somehow think the psychological stress is due to discrimination. I think there is more to the story.

You are describing gender dysphoria, which has already been discussed and which you also said you would not take the basic steps to alleviate in someone you love.

Banned!

Formerly banned user (Lazybones) registered under an alias (gjones).
    Color me unsurprised. I had to step away from this thread for a few hours to do some actual work and when I left it was starting to tank in a familiar way. Outing him as being that deadbeat, classless LazyBones idiot sure explains why it felt so familiar. And to think he came on here asking questions like he'd never been here before and didn't understand the board's setup like that would stop Andrus from checking his IP address once he started acting like his usual self.

So glad he got busted and we don't have to deal with his utter stupidity all over again.

You're a true, real life hero, Andrus!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom