All Things LGBTQ+ (8 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
Reaction score
Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
  • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

PIERRE, S.D. (AP) — A group of South Dakota Republican lawmakers introduced a bill Tuesday to outlaw gender-affirming health care for transgender youth, pushing the state to join at least a dozen others considering anti-transgender legislation this year.

The South Dakota bill, unveiled at a state Capitol news conference, aims to keep children younger than 18 from accessing puberty-blocking drugs, hormone therapy or surgeries that enable them to present as a gender different from the sex on their birth certificate. It would also punish doctors who provide the care by revoking their medical license and exposing them to civil litigation.

South Dakota Republicans have perennially considered bills aimed at limiting the health care, school facilities and sports teams that transgender youth can access. A law banning trans girls and college-age women from participating in sports that match their gender went into effect after the Legislature passed it last year...........

Huh. I guess it’s not about the surgery, sorry, mutilation as some on here insist, at all. It’s about denying it to trans youth.

You are REALLY ignorant apparently.

Do you know who colonized most of the free world?

Do you know who colonized America?

Do you know what “the sun never sets on the British colonies” means?

Do you know poop?

So a woman who wears sequins and has big hair and makeup is also considered to be in “drag”? Did I read that right?

I wonder where we should go to get our burkas?

So a woman who wears sequins and has big hair and makeup is also considered to be in “drag”? Did I read that right?

I wonder where we should go to get our burkas?

I bet the only reason they included "woman" is to make sure that no trans men tried to get around the law.

This just made me realize that soon, we are going to have states passing laws defining "woman".

no. just no

This seems almost like an onion headline

Something tells me that the Proud Boys didn't go to break up Drag Story Time because they listened to an Aretha Franklin song

TCMA might be one of those organizations that try to do the opposite - just stir up outrage against the cause they say they champion.

no. just no

This seems almost like an onion headline

Something tells me that the Proud Boys didn't go to break up Drag Story Time because they listened to an Aretha Franklin song

It's not real. Just more right wing media "reporting" and overreacting.

The person behind a Twitter account that claimed a classic Aretha Frankln song is offensive to trans people confirmed Monday it was a joke.

"This is a parody account," the user, who did not provide his or her real name, told iHeartRadio.ca via direct message. "Never imagined anyone would take it seriously lol."

The individual said it was intended as a commentary on "woke" culture and "media stupidity." They added: "Not ONE media outlet contacted me prior to reporting this s**t lol."

Last edited:
It's not real. Just more right wing media "reporting" and over reacting.

The person behind a Twitter account that claimed a classic Aretha Frankln song is offensive to trans people confirmed Monday it was a joke.

"This is a parody account," the user, who did not provide his or her real name, told iHeartRadio.ca via direct message. "Never imagined anyone would take it seriously lol."

The individual said it was intended as a commentary on "woke" culture and "media stupidity." They added: "Not ONE media outlet contacted me prior to reporting this s**t lol."

Glad to see this wasn’t true. Did seem iffy

In that weird middle ground between completely ridiculous yet completely plausible (that it happened not that it’s reasonable)

I’d put changing manhole to people hole and changing term field work in the same category, but both real

ST. LOUIS, Missouri — Missouri legislators debated a number of controversial proposals on Tuesday that would regulate competitive sports, outlaw drag shows for children, and ban gender transition procedures for minors.

Advocates in the LGBTQ+ community rallied against the proposals, calling them hateful, bigoted, and harmful to transgender people.

"We're not going to stand by without a fight," Felecia Kenten said at a demonstration in the Grove neighborhood.

Kenten and a group of activists marched in the streets with signs and megaphones to call awareness to the proposals that were scheduled for debate in Jefferson City on short notice.

"I think that they're targeting the LGBTQ+ because they know that we're trying to change the way the system is working," Kenten said before traveling to the state Capitol. "We're trying to push things and make things happen. We're trying to get people to be out and be loud."

Supporters who testified in favor of the bills before the House panel said gender identity and the role of government itself was rooted in religious texts.

Republican legislators revived the proposals after they stalled in debate last year and argued they would uphold competitive fairness in sports...............

VATICAN CITY (AP) — Pope Francis criticized laws that criminalize homosexuality as “unjust,” saying God loves all his children just as they are and called on Catholic bishops who support the laws to welcome LGBTQ people into the church.

“Being homosexual isn’t a crime,” Francis said during an exclusive interview Tuesday with The Associated Press.

Francis acknowledged that Catholic bishops in some parts of the world support laws that criminalize homosexuality or discriminate against LGBTQ people, and he himself referred to the issue in terms of “sin.”

But he attributed such attitudes to cultural backgrounds, and said bishops in particular need to undergo a process of change to recognize the dignity of everyone……..

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
Top Bottom