All Things LGBTQ+ (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

You mean anonymous sources? LOL

Let me requote that first part for you:

"I mean, he did back it up with sources both named and unnamed, so that helps."

Is it though? What is the difference?

The difference between a ridiculous non-sequitur about adult magazines and a teacher pushing her religious and political views on others? If there's any link between these two things, please enlighten me, because I don't see one.

The area was a majority Christian before the Rashidun seige and conquest.
    You mean siege and liberation.

Once that happened, the new rulers allowed pilgrimages to the city but violence and destruction was ramped up with Christian being slaughtered on several occasions and those christian and jews that lived in the city were force coverted or taxed and subjigated until they 'freely' converted.
    Paybacks are a birch.

In Waco, a DEA (I think it was DEA) agent went on record but was quickly redacted that his partner shot first (a dog) so no one really knows as well as RR. But I take it you believe whatever the government says? You don't seem like that guy, but I am wrong all the time.
    DEA is drugs. It was the Marshals who were serving the bench warrant.
    I'd think the dog got short first, if the officers encounter the dog unleashed and the dog was acting in a threatening manner.
    No, I don't believe everything the government says.
    Does public safety not have a direct correlation to law?

That depends on the law, and what you consider public safety.

You mean siege and liberation.

Paybacks are a birch.

DEA is drugs. It was the Marshals who were serving the bench warrant.
    I'd think the dog got short first, if the officers encounter the dog unleashed and the dog was acting in a threatening manner.
    No, I don't believe everything the government says.

That depends on the law, and what you consider public safety.
    Liberation from what and who?

Payback from what exactly?

You are saying the Brach Davidians shot first at the DEA agents? From what I understand, that is still in dispute.

As for RR, the Marshalls did shoot the dog first, on a road by the homestead. That sparked the shoot out and the seige and the sniper to shoot an unarmed woman (female of the species) for a warrant about selling to shotguns to a neighbor. Makes sense, they all needed to die so the guberment could flex its muscle on a 'white supremacist'.

Let me requote that first part for you:

"I mean, he did back it up with sources both named and unnamed, so that helps."

The difference between a ridiculous non-sequitur about adult magazines and a teacher pushing her religious and political views on others? If there's any link between these two things, please enlighten me, because I don't see one.
    The link is to stop the sexualization of children. Playboy is not in the library and for good reason. Just like a book that discusses 'hook up apps', the ins and outs of sex and this insane gender theory should not be allowed in school library for good reason.

Not sure why the failing public school system is so focused on what kind of underwear a child is wearing over math and science but that is just me being a old dinosaur yelling at clouds. Or, could it be to get us arguing about that to distract us from seeing how the teachers union and the public education system is complete and utter failure and we as parents should be able to demand more and better education for our children without being labeled as domestic terrorists.

Liberation from what and who?
    European colonization.
    Payback from what exactly?
    What the Europeans did for so long.
    You are saying the Brach Davidians shot first at the DEA agents? From what I understand, that is still in dispute.
    I guarantee you, no DEAs shot at anyone or were shot at in Waco.
    As for RR, the Marshalls did shoot the dog first, on a road by the homestead. That sparked the shoot out and the seige and the sniper to shoot an unarmed woman (female of the species) for a warrant about selling to shotguns to a neighbor. Makes sense, they all needed to die so the guberment could flex its muscle on a 'white supremacist'.
    Selling illegal shotguns, you mean.

No one needed to die.

European colonization.

What the Europeans did for so long.

I guarantee you, no DEAs shot at anyone or were shot at in Waco.

Selling illegal shotguns, you mean.

No one needed to die.
    Do you consider both Greek and Roman to be European?
    What about the Hasonean or Assayrian, those can't be Wester Civs too can they?
    When you speak of colonization, does that only take into account a completely different civilization ruling an area or will that include different tribes/countries of the same over all civilization? For example, would you consider the Persians to be colonizers or no?

True, ATF rather.

by 5 inches I think, Is that worth killing them over?

Then why escalate to the point of a siege? I think the big boys got too excited and wanted to play with their military surplus toys. Lord knows the US government has done that entirely too many times for any citizen to feel good about.

The link is to stop the sexualization of children.

Can you please explain how any of the below accusations relate to the sexualization of children, bearing in mind that gender =/= sex? Also, just for fun, what business does any of that have doing in an English class?

"Peggy Sunday, who graduated from Northview High School in 2021, told Popular Information that, during a 10th-grade English class, Baggett said she opposed interracial marriage."

"Another student in the class, Stone Pressley, recalled the same incident. Pressley said that Baggett said she was opposed to "race mixing" because "she wanted to preserve cultures" and "didn't want everyone to turn the same color eventually.""

"Another student in the class, Hamza Jacobs, confirmed Baggett's comments opposing "race mixing." A fourth student in the class, who asked to remain anonymous due to the nature of the allegations and Baggett's standing in a small community, also confirmed the episode."

"Sunday said that Baggett is known throughout Northview as an "openly racist teacher."

According to Sunday, Baggett then asked two Black students if they "knew how to swim" because "most black people don't know how to swim.""

"The incident was confirmed by one of the Black students targeted by Baggett. That student said Baggett "asked me and another girl of color in my class 'could we swim because black people usually can’t.'" Jacobs and Pressley also confirmed the incident"

"During class, Baggett also allegedly told a 10th-grade student that her sister, who had a girlfriend, was "faking being a lesbian for attention." Baggett allegedly said that "nobody's born that way.""

"The September 2019 parent letter also claims that Baggett "openly stated that men and women should 'Know Their Role.'" Baggett allegedly said that "men are the protectors and the women are the nurturers" and that is why "women have the children and the men go to work.""

"The letter states Baggett "has expressed her utter distaste for homosexuals to her students." According to the parent, Baggett "stated she thinks homosexuals are DUMB/STUPID for wearing the rainbow and pink colors because...that is the way that Hitler marked homosexual males""

Playboy is not in the library and for good reason. Just like a book that discusses 'hook up apps', the ins and outs of sex and this insane gender theory should not be allowed in school library for good reason.

This has nothing to do with this woman's efforts to indoctrinate students.

Not sure why the failing public school system is so focused on what kind of underwear a child is wearing over math and science but that is just me being a old dinosaur yelling at clouds. Or, could it be to get us arguing about that to distract us from seeing how the teachers union and the public education system is complete and utter failure and we as parents should be able to demand more and better education for our children without being labeled as domestic terrorists.

Pretty sure you're just an old man yelling at clouds.

So, would a man be allowed to wear bronzer in AZ? Or tinted sunscreen? Farb and SFL - you okay with government mandated dress codes?

Can you please explain how any of the below accusations relate to the sexualization of children, bearing in mind that gender =/= sex? Also, just for fun, what business does any of that have doing in an English class?

"Peggy Sunday, who graduated from Northview High School in 2021, told Popular Information that, during a 10th-grade English class, Baggett said she opposed interracial marriage."

"Another student in the class, Stone Pressley, recalled the same incident. Pressley said that Baggett said she was opposed to "race mixing" because "she wanted to preserve cultures" and "didn't want everyone to turn the same color eventually.""

"Another student in the class, Hamza Jacobs, confirmed Baggett's comments opposing "race mixing." A fourth student in the class, who asked to remain anonymous due to the nature of the allegations and Baggett's standing in a small community, also confirmed the episode."

"Sunday said that Baggett is known throughout Northview as an "openly racist teacher."

According to Sunday, Baggett then asked two Black students if they "knew how to swim" because "most black people don't know how to swim.""

"The incident was confirmed by one of the Black students targeted by Baggett. That student said Baggett "asked me and another girl of color in my class 'could we swim because black people usually can’t.'" Jacobs and Pressley also confirmed the incident"

"During class, Baggett also allegedly told a 10th-grade student that her sister, who had a girlfriend, was "faking being a lesbian for attention." Baggett allegedly said that "nobody's born that way.""

"The September 2019 parent letter also claims that Baggett "openly stated that men and women should 'Know Their Role.'" Baggett allegedly said that "men are the protectors and the women are the nurturers" and that is why "women have the children and the men go to work.""

"The letter states Baggett "has expressed her utter distaste for homosexuals to her students." According to the parent, Baggett "stated she thinks homosexuals are DUMB/STUPID for wearing the rainbow and pink colors because...that is the way that Hitler marked homosexual males""

This has nothing to do with this woman's efforts to indoctrinate students.

Pretty sure you're just an old man yelling at clouds.
    I can't explain anything with the presupposed position of sex and gender are 2 different things because I don't think they are. If you are talking about some men having more noticeable female traits than other and vice versa, we can talk.

Can you provide a link to the article from 'popular information' that I can read? One the provided samples, I would say, no, that does not belong in an English class curriculum no matter how much I tend to agree with whoever Baggett is.

I also can help but wonder, if would have been a problem if Baggett discussed how brave and wonderful gay people are for being sexually attracted to the same sex? It is almost as if only one opinion can be shared and that scares me and it should you too, as one thing we know for certain, the pendulum will self correct and before that happens, you have an over correction and those are not pretty.

So, would a man be allowed to wear bronzer in AZ? Or tinted sunscreen? Farb and SFL - you okay with government mandated dress codes?

Is this in front of children or adults?

I can't explain anything with the presupposed position of sex and gender are 2 different things because I don't think they are. If you are talking about some men having more noticeable female traits than other and vice versa, we can talk.

Can you provide a link to the article from 'popular information' that I can read? One the provided samples, I would say, no, that does not belong in an English class curriculum no matter how much I tend to agree with whoever Baggett is.

I also can help but wonder, if would have been a problem if Baggett discussed how brave and wonderful gay people are for being sexually attracted to the same sex? It is almost as if only one opinion can be shared and that scares me and it should you too, as one thing we know for certain, the pendulum will self correct and before that happens, you have an over correction and those are not pretty.

To be fair, I've been sick and misspoke when I said the sex/gender thing. What I meant to say was that sexual orientation =/= sexualization/physical intimacy. My question still stands, though.

Edit: The link from the original Twitter thread. https://popular.info/p/florida-english-teacher-pushing-book

Do you consider both Greek and Roman to be European?
    What about the Hasonean or Assayrian, those can't be Wester Civs too can they?
    When you speak of colonization, does that only take into account a completely different civilization ruling an area or will that include different tribes/countries of the same over all civilization? For example, would you consider the Persians to be colonizers or no?
    This is a tangent that doesn't seem germane.
    by 5 inches I think, Is that worth killing them over?
    Thy weren't killed over 5 inches of anything.
    Then why escalate to the point of a siege?
    What would you like federal agents to do? Just walk away because they can't serve a bench warrant due to being shot at ?

Last edited:

Your movement to ban LGBTQ people from discussing their lives, label them groomers, accuse them of being pedophiles and “recruiting” children is a really, really ugly overcorrection, what a coincidence!

This is a tangent that doesn't seem germane.

Thy weren't killed over 5 inches of anything.

What would you like federal agents to do? Just walk away because they can't serve a bench warrant due to being shot at ?
    So, it is only white people that you consider able to colonize? I have no idea

No, they were killed by the federal government's hubris.

Maybe not have snipers pick off unarmed women....that might be a good start. At RR, once the smoke cleared, how did they get him out? They brought in a friend of his to talk him into coming out. So yeah, maybe walking away and regrouping would have been the best course of action.

Facts do not care about your opinion.

I know you will ignore this post and will not read these links because you are not having these discussions in earnest with an open mind. You are only here to parrot the misinformation you have been spoon fed for decades.

but here goes anyway:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom