All Things LGBTQ+ (5 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

• Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

Ohio Republicans have managed to use the transgender issue to enable their hobby of looking at children's genitals.

3D chess
    Is this something new to play highschool sports? Did you not ever have to 'turn your head and cough' during an athletics physical?

Are you sure it's inflated? I'm likely wrong about a lot, and it doesn't bother me, because the point is to find the truth, and I don't mind new information changing my opinion. That's science, and that's what I do.

Yes, I listen to NPR, and many other sources of news. I really don't listen to NPR that much, but at times, they have good, in depth, stories. If you're being honest, which, honestly, I doubt, for good reason, we'd be a lot alike. I don't actually consume much news. I mostly see what people bring up and I look into it. Often, I prefer more official sources, or statistics and draw my own conclusions, but I also will listen to a compelling argument and educated opinions, so long as they back it up with evidence and logic.

But, you're not pulling these phrases out of thin air or your own big brain. You're seeing them somewhere. None of us are that creative.
    You are correct, I read up on issue, so is that not likely from where I get the commonly used phrases and talking points? Is that rare for this board, enough for you to want to discuss with me? Seem a bit misleading, if being honest.

I have no doubt and you are I are more a like than different. We just have a different political view. I have lots of friends like that as well, so we would get along great in real life. I suck at relaying intent when I type, or arguably I suck at relaying my own thoughts when I type. But, as you have noticed, that doesn't stop me from trying. LOL

Last edited:
    I think the large jump can be directly linked to the further addition of genders, so much that they have run out of letters; like Q (queer, questioning) or A ( asexual, ally). The last one, ally, is not even a gender; it's just anyone who considers themselves allies of the LGBTQ+ community.
    Yeah, I think you are right. I can see confusion leading to a jump.
    It is more of a voting block than an actual community at this point. If that is a good thing or a bad thing I can't say. The original motive the LGTB community was much needed and a positive thing for our society, now, as with most things that grows in the political realm, it has gotten out of hand.

If I have to explain it: allies are straight, sorry, that may be confusing, cisgenders feel they are part of the LGBTQ+ community, they identify with it.
    If I have to explain it: I was referring to the fact that not just 'allies' but none of those terms - queer, questioning, asexual, or allies - are examples of additions of gender.

(Queer and questioning can include gender, but neither are specifically about gender and are hence clearly not additions for gender).

Also, if you have a look at, for example, this article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/02/24/gen-z-lgbt/ - you'll see that while there is a significant rise in the numbers identifying as 'transgender' and 'other' across generations, this amounts to less than 2% of adults of that generation (that is, 1.8% of adults of generation Z and 0.4% of the same identify as 'transgender' and 'other' respectively, compared to 0.2% and 0.1% of adults of generation X).

Like I said, that's significant. It is, however, dwarfed by the rise in adults identifying as bisexual, which has gone from 1.8% of generation X to 11.5% of generation Z.

Which would indicate that the 'large jump' can largely be attributed to a willingness to identify as bisexual, not to the 'addition of genders'.

If I have to explain it: I was referring to the fact that not just 'allies' but none of those terms - queer, questioning, asexual, or allies - are examples of additions of gender.

(Queer and questioning can include gender, but neither are specifically about gender and are hence clearly not additions for gender).

Also, if you have a look at, for example, this article - https://www.washingtonpost.com/dc-md-va/2021/02/24/gen-z-lgbt/ - you'll see that while there is a significant rise in the numbers identifying as 'transgender' and 'other' across generations, this amounts to less than 2% of adults of that generation (that is, 1.8% of adults of generation Z and 0.4% of the same identify as 'transgender' and 'other' respectively, compared to 0.2% and 0.1% of adults of generation X).

Like I said, that's significant. It is, however, dwarfed by the rise in adults identifying as bisexual, which has gone from 1.8% of generation X to 11.5% of generation Z.

Which would indicate that the 'large jump' can largely be attributed to a willingness to identify as bisexual, not to the 'addition of genders'.

So you mean to tell me, no genders/sexual behaviors/self identifications have been added to LGBTQ+ since the 1960's?

Is this something new to play highschool sports? Did you not ever have to 'turn your head and cough' during an athletics physical?
    Read this thread about the Ohio law and the consequences for school age children in Ohio who want to play sports, then tell me again it’s just like your exam for hernias, which is an idiotic comment. Warning: this is very detailed, but if Ohio is going to subject these kids to this, then the least we can do is read about it.

Last edited:
    There was exactly one (1) student in Ohio playing high school sports who actually fits the description of a transgender girl. One.

And if you don’t think this law will be used maliciously then you have never been involved in school age kids’ sports, and have never seen the way parents behave.

This is only Ohio, but other states are passing similar laws. It’s ridiculous and about as stupid as it can get.

Read this thread about the Ohio law and the consequences for school age children in Ohio who want to play sports, then tell me again it’s just like your exam for hernias, which is an idiotic comment. Warning: this is very detailed, but if Ohio is going to subject these kids to this, then the least we can do is read about it.

... and the harm to the females of the species grows exponentially ... geez.

Nuts.

No pun intended.

"Girls who do not look feminine enough, girls of color, girls who are “too good” are likely to be the biggest targets."

Thank goodness they got the racist dog whistle in there too. This is where you lost me. The completely and totally fabricated racial element. Yes, sports isracist and tries not to include people of color. LOL.
    It is a shame a few and those that without question support them have to ruin it for women.

"Girls who do not look feminine enough, girls of color, girls who are “too good” are likely to be the biggest targets."

Thank goodness they got the racist dog whistle in there too. This is where you lost me. The completely and totally fabricated racial element. Yes, sports isracist and tries not to include people of color. LOL.
    It is a shame a few and those that without question support them have to ruin it for women.

If this law stands, girls of color will definitely be targeted more than white girls. Your indifference won't stop that from happening.

So you read that whole horrifying thread, and this is your response? You know what, you just don’t deserve any more of my time. You really don’t.

If this law stands, girls of color will definitely be targeted more than white girls. Your indifference won't stop that from happening.
    Why? Do more black girls play sports than white girls?
    Is this like the repeal of Roe will have a horrible effect on the LTGBQ community?

So you read that whole horrifying thread, and this is your response? You know what, you just don’t deserve any more of my time. You really don’t.
    Yes, I read the part where they will have a sports physical. Just like before but now they document the girl/boy parts. Why?
    Because when a law was not needed, boy played sports against boys and girls played against girls. Now, due to the craziness of boys dominating women in sports, a law is needed.
    Create a trans league or whatever and then maybe you won't have to punish everyone else. Just a thought.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom