All Things LGBTQ+ (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

If I married a woman or a man for that matter and then my spouse decides they are not that, then how can I stay in it? How am I suppose to be sexually attracted to the other sex that I am attracted too?
    Huh. Seems this scenario has made you realise that if you married a woman and they said, "Actually, I've realised I'm a trans man," you would recognise them as a man to the point where you think you couldn't be attracted to them any more, because they would be a man.

And that man might even be able to have babies!

So now we're talking about pride month? Smh. As soon as your arguments have been shown to be ridiculous, you go on to another tangent. As if I'm singularly responsible for pride month, lol.

Trans men who haven't transitioned can get pregnant. Biological males can not get pregnant. Not really confusing or controversial at all. You constantly trying to bring this up as some "gottach" is stupid, but it's a perfect illustration of the way you think.

Yes, because many Republicans and Trump supporters are evil. But all cis gendered white men are not Republicans or Trump supporters, and you brought up cis gendered white men.
    I did bring up pride month because you just said it was Christmas for gays. Am I not allowed to comment on your comment?

No, women that dress as men can get pregnant, maybe. Probably more difficult with the testosterone. I bring it up, but it demonstrates just how far a wacky the LGBT movement has gone. But I also fully admit that many gay men and women think it has gone to far as well.

Are you attracted to a trans man that has not had any surgeries?

Huh. Seems this scenario has made you realise that if you married a woman and they said, "Actually, I've realised I'm a trans man," you would recognise them as a man to the point where you think you couldn't be attracted to them any more, because they would be a man.

And that man might even be able to have babies!
    Or, I might think my wife now tries to look like a guy and that is gross.

Are you attracted to trans women that have not had surgeries?

Or, I might think my wife now tries to look like a guy and that is gross.
    Nah. Seems like someone who thinks that would have gone with that in the first place, and not, "How am I suppose to be sexually attracted to the other sex that I am attracted too?"

And, to address the topic, you also wouldn't have to be. Attraction is individual. You're not obliged to be attracted to anyone. People change, sometimes dramatically. Some people would stay with a partner if they realised they were trans, many wouldn't. That's ok.

But suggesting that the people who would stay with their partner aren't in a real marriage is pretty close minded. You must recognise that other people can be attracted to other people in ways that don't reflect your own, right?

I did bring up pride month because you just said it was Christmas for gays. Am I not allowed to comment on your comment?
    I was responding to a post that had nothing to do with our ongoing conversation. Which at this point had gone completely off the rails because of ongoing tangents and deflections by you.

No, women that dress as men can get pregnant, maybe. Probably more difficult with the testosterone. I bring it up, but it demonstrates just how far a wacky the LGBT movement has gone. But I also fully admit that many gay men and women think it has gone to far as well.
    Okay. :rolleyes:

Are you attracted to a trans man that has not had any surgeries?

Another deflection that has nothing to do with what we were discussing, but I'll answer anyway. Not particularly, but I've seen some attractive trans men. I don't know if they've had surgeries or not. Mostly I'm attracted to cis gendered men.

Nah. Seems like someone who thinks that would have gone with that in the first place, and not, "How am I suppose to be sexually attracted to the other sex that I am attracted too?"

And, to address the topic, you also wouldn't have to be. Attraction is individual. You're not obliged to be attracted to anyone. People change, sometimes dramatically. Some people would stay with a partner if they realised they were trans, many wouldn't. That's ok.

But suggesting that the people who would stay with their partner aren't in a real marriage is pretty close minded. You must recognise that other people can be attracted to other people in ways that don't reflect your own, right?
    Are we having the same conversation?
    When did I say that if a person was to stay with a newly discovered trans spouse that it was a fake marriage?
    I said it was a betrayal and it is. If they can work through it, that does not make it any less of betrayal only that as a couple they worked through it. Just as some work through an affair and some couples cant move past it.

Are we having the same conversation?
    When did I say that if a person was to stay with a newly discovered trans spouse that it was a fake marriage?
    I said it was a betrayal and it is. If they can work through it, that does not make it any less of betrayal only that as a couple they worked through it. Just as some work through an affair and some couples cant move past it.

If you as the spouse, don't consider that betrayal, then your marriage was a sham from the very beginning.

I don't think that proves what you think it proves.

Just in case you need help:

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

fake
    /fāk/

adjective
    not genuine; counterfeit.
    "fake designer clothing"
    Similar:
    forgery
    counterfeit
    copy
    sham
    fraud
    hoax
    imitation

Dictionary
    Definitions from Oxford Languages · Learn more

sham
    /SHam/

noun
    a thing that is not what it is purported to be.
    "the proposed legislation is a farce and a sham"
    Similar:
    pretense
    fake
    act
    fiction
    simulation
    imposture
    fraud

Ohio Republicans have managed to use the transgender issue to enable their hobby of looking at children's genitals.

3D chess

I can't remember if I have ever read anything from Breitbart. That is the Glen Beck platform right? Yeah, I don't read them at all. I don't subscribe to any news service or platform.
    What exactly do I parrot that those other sites do?
    I enjoy rational thoughts and the truth.
    I think I provide great points and back mine up with logic. Like men can not get pregnant or current systemic racism/sexism is a myth of victimhood.

I do love how most of the left tend to focus on what news I consume and from where. It is as if you are under the impression someone can't look around and say "you know, these people are just fing crazy". But I also understand that it makes it easier for the left to ingest obviously incorrect ideas based on the news they consume. Based on your inflated sense of intelligence, I assume you listen to NPR, correct?
    Are you sure it's inflated? I'm likely wrong about a lot, and it doesn't bother me, because the point is to find the truth, and I don't mind new information changing my opinion. That's science, and that's what I do.

Yes, I listen to NPR, and many other sources of news. I really don't listen to NPR that much, but at times, they have good, in depth, stories. If you're being honest, which, honestly, I doubt, for good reason, we'd be a lot alike. I don't actually consume much news. I mostly see what people bring up and I look into it. Often, I prefer more official sources, or statistics and draw my own conclusions, but I also will listen to a compelling argument and educated opinions, so long as they back it up with evidence and logic.

But, you're not pulling these phrases out of thin air or your own big brain. You're seeing them somewhere. None of us are that creative.

With this large of 'jump' in the LGTBQ community, something has to be there, correct? Bill makes a good point and one that should be asked and studied.
    I think the Q is a function of age. I don't think there really is that much of a jump, and elsewhere, I posted those statistics.

Come on; let's not be like that... You know what @Farb meant; the look of the other sex. If you marry a female, that one day tells you she's a he, chops off her breasts, injects more testosterone than the law allows, grows a beard and chest hair, goes through surgery to get an penis-like appendage, and tells you "for now own I am going to fork you up the arse", would you still be attracted?

Maybe you will, I sure as hell won't.

With this large of 'jump' in the LGTBQ community, something has to be there, correct? Bill makes a good point and one that should be asked and studied.

I think the large jump can be directly linked to the further addition of genders, so much that they have run out of letters; like Q (queer, questioning) or A ( asexual, ally). The last one, ally, is not even a gender; it's just anyone who considers themselves allies of the LGBTQ+ community.

I think the large jump can be directly linked to the further addition of genders, so much that they have run out of letters; like Q (queer, questioning) or A ( asexual, ally). The last one, ally, is not even a gender; it's just anyone who considers themselves allies of the LGBTQ+ community.
    If it's not a gender, then it's not an addition of genders then, is it.

If it's not a gender, then it's not an addition of genders then, is it.
    If I have to explain it: allies are straight, sorry, that may be confusing, cisgenders feel they are part of the LGBTQ+ community, they identify with it.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom