All Things LGBTQ+ (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

Farb

Mostly Peaceful Poster
    Reaction score
    Didn't really see a place for this so I thought I would start a thread about all things LGBTQ since this is a pretty hot topic in our culture right now

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/06/17/sup...y-that-refuses-to-work-with-lgbt-couples.html

• The Supreme Court on Thursday delivered a unanimous defeat to LGBT couples in a high-profile case over whether Philadelphia could refuse to contract with a Roman Catholic adoption agency that says its religious beliefs prevent it from working with same-sex foster parents.
    • Chief Justice John Roberts wrote in an opinion for a majority of the court that Philadelphia violated the First Amendment by refusing to contract with Catholic Social Services once it learned that the organization would not certify same-sex couples for adoption.

I will admit, I was hopeful for this decision by the SCOTUS but I was surprised by the unanimous decision.

While I don't think there is anything wrong, per se, with same sex couples adopting and raising children (I actually think it is a good thing as it not an abortion) but I also did not want to see the state force a religious institution to bend to a societal norm.

While the term nonbinary is relatively new, being non-binary is not. It's existed throughout history under different names/expression. Even today how different people who identify as nonbinary, express being nonbinary is very varied. It's just a catch all term for a lot of different gender expressions that vary from traditional male to female gender roles. It doesn't change your biology to identify as non-binary.

I really don't understand why this is so scarry, offensive or stupid to some people, but ambiguity seems to be very challenging for a lot of people.
    You mean feminine males and masculine women? Yes, the Italians have been around for some time. Only kidding my Italian friends.

Seriously though, why create a new name and force it upon others? Why? Because of how it makes some minor minor minority feel bad? People always ask why it is a big deal for us to suspend reality and call someone something they prefer. If is not a big deal, then it is not a bid deal to have someone call you the wrong pronoun, since pronouns are interchangeable, right?

there is a difference between mistakenly calling someone the wrong pronoun, and purposefully refusing to call them by their preferred pronoun. It's obviously a big deal to you because you are even arguing with the friggin dictionary. You are clearly a hateful bigot who is more than happy to belittle trans people and insist they are mentally ill for being trans, despite the scientific and historical evidence to the contrary. No wonder they commit suicide at the highest rates of any group.

And you call yourself a Christian. Hate speech, judgmental, lack of grace or love for anyone.

You are a Trump republican

You mean feminine males and masculine women? Yes, the Italians have been around for some time. Only kidding my Italian friends.

Seriously though, why create a new name and force it upon others? Why? Because of how it makes some minor minor minority feel bad? People always ask why it is a big deal for us to suspend reality and call someone something they prefer. If is not a big deal, then it is not a bid deal to have someone call you the wrong pronoun, since pronouns are interchangeable, right?

I don't know. Probably because things change and people aren't hiding, embarrassed or ashamed of who they are any longer and are more honest with themselves instead of hiding in the shadows for fear of being found out. So maybe it's just people understanding who they are better and putting a word/definition to it.

I don't know. Probably because things change and people aren't hiding, embarrassed or ashamed of who they are any longer and are more honest with themselves instead of hiding in the shadows for fear of being found out. So maybe it's just people understanding who they are better and putting a word/definition to it.
    There has been a large increase lately on the number of children that are 'coming out' as part of the LGTB community. Bill Maher brought this up recently.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-challenges-lgbtq-orthodoxy-ok-ask-questions-involves-kids

"If something about the human race is changing at a previously unprecedented rate, we at least have to discuss it," Maher began his monologue. "Broken down over time, the LGBT population of America seems to be roughly doubling every generation."

"According to a recent Gallup poll, less than 1% of Americans born before 1946, that's Joe Biden's generation, identify that way, 2.6% of Boomers do, 4.2% of Gen X, 10.5% of Millennials and 20.8% of Gen Z, which means if we follow this trajectory, we will all be gay in 2054," he said to applause.

"I'm just saying that when things change this much this fast, people are allowed to ask, 'What's up with that,'" Maher added.

There has been a large increase lately on the number of children that are 'coming out' as part of the LGTB community. Bill Maher brought this up recently.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/bill-maher-challenges-lgbtq-orthodoxy-ok-ask-questions-involves-kids

"If something about the human race is changing at a previously unprecedented rate, we at least have to discuss it," Maher began his monologue. "Broken down over time, the LGBT population of America seems to be roughly doubling every generation."

"According to a recent Gallup poll, less than 1% of Americans born before 1946, that's Joe Biden's generation, identify that way, 2.6% of Boomers do, 4.2% of Gen X, 10.5% of Millennials and 20.8% of Gen Z, which means if we follow this trajectory, we will all be gay in 2054," he said to applause.

"I'm just saying that when things change this much this fast, people are allowed to ask, 'What's up with that,'" Maher added.
    Maybe people are less scared they will be murdered for being Gay than before.

I don't think it's wrong to ask the question, but I also don't think we know why. The percentages have just about doubled in every generation, but I don't think it's going to keep doing that in successive generations.

I have a baseless theory based on nothing but my random thoughts though. I wonder if it's not part of our socio/environmental/biological evolution. So like if as a species we are producing more LGBTQ children as a reaction to overpopulation/climate change/societal strife, etc. Like I said, random and baseless.

I guess the competing theory is that the normalization of LGBTQ people and culture have led people erroneously to believe that they are LGBTQ. While I can see why that might make it easier for LGBTQ people to come out, I'm not sure why it would turn anybody gay. I don't know, do you feel it turning you gay?

I don't think it's wrong to ask the question, but I also don't think we know why. The percentages have just about doubled in every generation, but I don't think it's going to keep doing that in successive generations.

I have a baseless theory based on nothing but my random thoughts though. I wonder if it's not part of our socio/environmental/biological evolution. So like if as a species we are producing more LGBTQ children as a reaction to overpopulation/climate change/societal strife, etc. Like I said, random and baseless.

I guess the competing theory is that the normalization of LGBTQ people and culture have led people erroneously to believe that they are LGBTQ. While I can see why that might make it easier for LGBTQ people to come out, I'm not sure why it would turn anybody gay. I don't know, do you feel it turning you gay?
    I love baseless theories on random thoughts. Give me a few drinks and a smoke and I will have a lot of them. I like yours. I have had the same thoughts although with a slightly different outcome. While I disagree there is an overpopulation and climate change disaster looming, I have also thought maybe it was an evolution design or something.
    Then I think it just comes down to as Maher said, children are stupid and impressionable. They want to be the cool crowd and right now, I don't think anyone can deny that the cool crowd in younger circles are those that are different. They go through phases (hence my stance against trans kids and 'affirming' medical procedures) and as a society and adults, we are not helping them explore the phase but have it based in reality.
    But there has to be something there with the rise in numbers (I also think public education is a huge part of it).
    I think everyone has wondered if they were gay as some point, just like everyone has had some thought of self harm or suicide (not that I compare the 2 acts as the same). So, no, I don't think I am turning gay, but if I do....you and me my friend. First several rounds will be on me. You will need it. I am fat and ugly.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/california-trans-child-molester-hannah-tubbs-life-sentence-murder

Hannah Tubbs, a trans convicted child molester, faces a possible life sentence for the murder of a fellow "survivalist transient group" member, Kern County's District Attorney's Office said Monday, after she was leniently charged in a sexual assault case by the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office.

Tubbs was the second-ranking leader of the group when she was charged with killing fellow member Michael Clark, who prosecutors say she repeatedly bludgeoned with a rock in April 2019.

Hannah Tubbs, 26, began identifying as female after being arrested last year in connection with a 2014 child molestation case in Los Angeles County.

Hannah Tubbs, 26, began identifying as female after being arrested last year in connection with a 2014 child molestation case in Los Angeles County. (Los Angeles County)
    On Monday, Superior Court of Kern County Judge Brian M. McNamara found prosecutors presented sufficient evidence to allow Tubbs to face a first-degree murder charge and a potential life sentence, KGET reported.

Los Angeles Sheriff Alex Villanueva took to Twitter to praise the Kern County District Attorney's office for "holding Tubbs accountable." He also slammed Los Angeles County District Attorney George Gascón for failing to do so.

This goes into Garcon and the democratic failing of 'reforming' the criminal justice system and the huge spike in crime and also the absurdity of how the criminal justice system handles trans convicts.

…..We seem to be more accepting of some baddies than others. History is littered with famous probably-gay villains, from Alexander the Great to Roy Cohn, Senator McCarthy’s chief counsel and Trump’s favourite lawyer.

But unlike LGBTQ+ heroes such as Alan Turing or Audre Lorde, they are seldom remembered or claimed as gay.

The question of why that should be the case is the starting point of Bad Gays: A Homosexual History by Huw Lemmey and Ben Miller.

The book’s central argument is that, if we are to fully understand how today’s gay identities evolved, the lives of villains – the most deceitful, criminal, manipulative and power-hungry gay people – are just as important as those of gay heroes such as Oscar Wilde.

Bad Gays is a continuation of the duo’s podcast of the same name, which profiles the “evil and complicated queers in history” – such as Ernst Röhm, the world’s first out gay politician – a Nazi – and J Edgar Hoover, the FBI director who helped harass political dissidents and gay government employees and was posthumously outed by his friend, Broadway star Ethel Merman.

“We want to address our history and how gay identity came to be,” Lemmey says. “But if we’re ever going to understand our sexual identity in a way that is based around solidarity and friendship, we need to discuss gay people who were devious and ruthless, too.”……..

…..We seem to be more accepting of some baddies than others. History is littered with famous probably-gay villains, from Alexander the Great to Roy Cohn, Senator McCarthy’s chief counsel and Trump’s favourite lawyer.

But unlike LGBTQ+ heroes such as Alan Turing or Audre Lorde, they are seldom remembered or claimed as gay.

The question of why that should be the case is the starting point of Bad Gays: A Homosexual History by Huw Lemmey and Ben Miller.

The book’s central argument is that, if we are to fully understand how today’s gay identities evolved, the lives of villains – the most deceitful, criminal, manipulative and power-hungry gay people – are just as important as those of gay heroes such as Oscar Wilde.

Bad Gays is a continuation of the duo’s podcast of the same name, which profiles the “evil and complicated queers in history” – such as Ernst Röhm, the world’s first out gay politician – a Nazi – and J Edgar Hoover, the FBI director who helped harass political dissidents and gay government employees and was posthumously outed by his friend, Broadway star Ethel Merman.

“We want to address our history and how gay identity came to be,” Lemmey says. “But if we’re ever going to understand our sexual identity in a way that is based around solidarity and friendship, we need to discuss gay people who were devious and ruthless, too.”……..

This is silly. Why does ones sexual preferences matter so much?

Genghis Khan[note 4] (born Temüjin;[note 1] c. 1162 – August 25, 1227)[note 2][3] was the founder and first Great Khan (Emperor) of the Mongol Empire. He was sexually attracted and had sex with women.

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill
    ,[a] KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, RA (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965) was a British statesman, soldier and writer who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945, during the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955. He was a heterosexual.

(CNN) - The class president at a Florida high school says he wasn't allowed to share his experience as a gay student in his graduation speech or how the state's so-called "Don't Say Gay" law will affect students like him, so he talked about something else that makes him a little different from his classmates -- his curly hair.

Zander Moricz, 18, has been active in social justice causes as a student at Pine View School in Osprey, Florida, and led a student walkout in March to protest the controversial measure that bans certain teachings about sexual orientation and gender identity in schools and goes into effect in July. He's also one of the plaintiffs in a lawsuit challenging the law.

Moricz told CNN that a few weeks before graduation, the school's principal met with him and told him he couldn't talk about that issue.
    "He'd always been very supportive of me and my identity and I was really hurt," he said……

So when it came time to speak at Sunday's ceremony, Moricz took off his mortarboard hat and pointed to his head.

"I used to hate my curls. I spend mornings and nights embarrassed of them trying desperately to straighten this part of who I am. But the daily damage of trying to fix myself became too much to do," he said in his speech. "So while having curly hair in Florida is difficult, due to the humidity, I decided to be proud of who I was and started coming to school as my authentic self."

Moricz said his teachers were some of the first people he went to for advice because he didn't have "other curly-haired people" to talk to and said the support he got at school helped him grow.

"Now I'm happy. Now I'm happy, and that is what is at stake. There are going to be so many kids with curly hair, who need a community like Pine View and they won't have one," Moricz said. "Instead, they'll try to fix themselves so that they can exist in Florida's humid climate."…….

https://www.cnn.com/2022/05/25/us/florida-curly-hair-graduation-speech/index.html

or bullied, or belittled.
    This is silly. Why does ones sexual preferences matter so much?

Genghis Khan[note 4] (born Temüjin;[note 1] c. 1162 – August 25, 1227)[note 2][3] was the founder and first Great Khan (Emperor) of the Mongol Empire. He was sexually attracted and had sex with women.

Sir Winston Leonard Spencer Churchill
    ,[a] KG, OM, CH, TD, DL, FRS, RA (30 November 1874 – 24 January 1965) was a British statesman, soldier and writer who served as Prime Minister of the United Kingdom from 1940 to 1945, during the Second World War, and again from 1951 to 1955. He was a heterosexual.
    Because of people like you Farb.

"A disproportionate number of cases in the recent monkeypox outbreak have shown up among gay and bisexual men. And as public-health authorities investigate possible links to sexual or other close physical contact at a Pride event in the Canary Islands, a sauna in Madrid, and other gay venues in Europe, government officials are trying hard not to single out a group that endured terrible stigma at the height of America’s AIDS crisis.

“Experience shows that stigmatizing rhetoric can quickly disable evidence-based response by stoking cycles of fear, driving people away from health services, impeding efforts to identify cases, and encouraging ineffective, punitive measures,” Matthew Kavanagh, the deputy executive director of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, recently said. For many years, following the outbreak of HIV, the fear of being judged or shamed has dissuaded some gay men from being tested.

But as a gay man who studies the history of infectious disease, I worry that public-health leaders are not doing enough to directly alert men who have sex with men about monkeypox. Gay men are not the only people at risk, but they do need to know that, right now, the condition appears to be spreading most actively within their community. In recent days, CDC officials have been acknowledging this forthrightly. Director Rochelle Walensky noted Thursday that, of the nine monkeypox cases identified in the United States as of midweek, most were among men who have sex with men."

"A disproportionate number of cases in the recent monkeypox outbreak have shown up among gay and bisexual men. And as public-health authorities investigate possible links to sexual or other close physical contact at a Pride event in the Canary Islands, a sauna in Madrid, and other gay venues in Europe, government officials are trying hard not to single out a group that endured terrible stigma at the height of America’s AIDS crisis.

“Experience shows that stigmatizing rhetoric can quickly disable evidence-based response by stoking cycles of fear, driving people away from health services, impeding efforts to identify cases, and encouraging ineffective, punitive measures,” Matthew Kavanagh, the deputy executive director of the Joint United Nations Programme on HIV/AIDS, recently said. For many years, following the outbreak of HIV, the fear of being judged or shamed has dissuaded some gay men from being tested.

But as a gay man who studies the history of infectious disease, I worry that public-health leaders are not doing enough to directly alert men who have sex with men about monkeypox. Gay men are not the only people at risk, but they do need to know that, right now, the condition appears to be spreading most actively within their community. In recent days, CDC officials have been acknowledging this forthrightly. Director Rochelle Walensky noted Thursday that, of the nine monkeypox cases identified in the United States as of midweek, most were among men who have sex with men."
    That is why 'monkey pox' wont be a big deal in the media any longer. At least that is my prediction.

I'm not sure I understand your reasoning?
    Same reason the government told us to we could not attend the funeral of a grandparent and you had to stay inside your home and your kids could not go to school during the 2 weeks to slow the covid virus from china, but if you wanted to gather with everyone for a BLM riot, then that was fine.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Advertisement

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Sponsored

Back
    Top Bottom