2024 GOP Presidential Race (2 Viewers)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

let me guess, they will be youtube videos with a lot of questionable information that has no evidence from people who have tons of conspriacy videos?
    Not at all.

They will be videos of FBI officials being asked how many people the FBI had working for them in the Capitol on 1/6.

Yes, in that it is intended to be a type of self satire. I'll dissect that frog if you like.
    My impression is that you support the means and goals of today’s GOP and you kind of like and argue in a passive aggressive way for Corrupt Donny, as an end justifies the means method of achieving those goals, regardless of the damage done to the Republic, but I don’t want to hijack this thread with that discussion. :)

Do you condemn the ones who didn't become violent but still stormed the Capitol? Do you condem the ones who threatend with violence but weren't physically violent?
    We know, yall just say stuff like they were just tourists and it was all a misunderstanding and blame Antifa...lol
    *kneels and repeatedly bows while speaking*

I condemn those who didn't become violent but still stormed the Capitol.

I condemn the ones who threatened with violence but weren't physically violent.

…or condem the ones happy to over throw the election just to get what they want?
    This was the true damage Trump did, IMO. He got a whole lot of R Congresspeople, both federal and state, to go along with his completely made up conspiracies about election integrity and they launched an actual coup plot to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

He got sitting Senators to go along with phony allegations, he got sitting state legislators to agree to be fake electors. It’s almost unbelievable what these spineless Rs were willing to do - throw away almost 250 years of representative democracy over the delusions of a failed real estate tycoon and minor reality tv star.

I only hope the DOJ will be following through, because there are a whole lot of people who should be charged with various things over what happened after the 2020 election.

Yes many, many people need Covid vaccines Steve. And yes, it’s still an important issue. Right now there are new variants popping up in various parts of the world, and I would think (hope) scientists are working on a new vaccine for the new variants before they become a new wave of illnesses. We have been fortunate in that Omicron was a bit less deadly, was still mitigated by the original vaccines somewhat and that doctors have a few more treatment weapons than they had at first. We have no guarantee that these new variants will also be less deadly or be mitigated at all by the vaccines we currently have. This disease isn’t going to go away it will have to be managed and periodic vaccines will be an important part of that management.
    Kennedy is now a non issue in my book due to what I just came across moments ago...

This was the true damage Trump did, IMO. He got a whole lot of R Congresspeople, both federal and state, to go along with his completely made up conspiracies about election integrity and they launched an actual coup plot to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election.

He got sitting Senators to go along with phony allegations, he got sitting state legislators to agree to be fake electors. It’s almost unbelievable what these spineless Rs were willing to do - throw away almost 250 years of representative democracy over the delusions of a failed real estate tycoon and minor reality tv star.

I only hope the DOJ will be following through, because there are a whole lot of people who should be charged with various things over what happened after the 2020 election.
    It’s ends justify means without recognizing or with rationalizing that the damage done can be fixed after ”we win”. It’s all about pure selfishness and getting what I want, without giving a damn about you and what you want.

The worst is is how these people shout about “freedom” (HaHa) when it’s really just about “getting my way” or “my freedom to make you conform to my wishes”. A prime example is their view and implementation of Christianity. Freedom of religion is not about freedom, it’s “my freedom to shove Christianity down your throat and none of this sex change nonsense allowed!“ :unsure: 🤬

Not at all.

They will be videos of FBI officials being asked how many people the FBI had working for them in the Capitol on 1/6.
    Is it unreasonable to assume because of the cerification taking place and a big stop the steal rally happeneing, there were probablty lots of FBI working the Capital?
    These officals are saying they promted the riots or somehow coerced these people do it?
    Is refusing to answer under oath an admission of guilt? If it is, boy have i got some concerning news for you when it comes to Trump's administation...

Is it unreasonable to assume because of the cerification taking place and a big stop the steal rally happeneing, there were probablty lots of FBI working the Capital?
    Not at all. So it's a fair question.
    These officals are saying they promted the riots or somehow coerced these people do it?
    I haven't heard any official say that.
    Is refusing to answer under oath an admission of guilt? If it is, boy have i got some concerning news for you when it comes to Trump's administation...
    I never said that.

I said I'll withhold judgement until the FBI comes clean about it.

…or condem the ones happy to over throw the election just to get what they want?
    Since I've already given two condemnations on request, I'll let you have the next turn.

I pick rioting by ANTIFA and BLM during 2020.

Last edited:
    Not at all. So it's a fair question.

I haven't heard any official say that.

I never said that.

I said I'll withhold judgement until the FBI comes clean about it.
    You don't seriously think the FBI is going to comment on this? If there's nothing to come clean about, why would they bother commenting on normal security measures they take during events like this?

I suspect you'll be waiting forever for that.

DeSantis and his people are total hack clowns.

Here, they poorly use copyrighted material (owned by Disney of all people) and I guess they forgot that Vader kills Obi-Wan. lol this is so stupid

DeSantis and his people are total hack clowns.

Here, they poorly use copyrighted material (owned by Disney of all people) and I guess they forgot that Vader kills Obi-Wan. lol this is so stupid

Moments before that scene, Vader betrayed the government he swore to protect. And...Vader is a BABY KILLER!!!

It's a lose/lose choice for America.

You don't seriously think the FBI is going to comment on this? If there's nothing to come clean about, why would they bother commenting on normal security measures they take during events like this?

I suspect you'll be waiting forever for that.
    I don't that they will ever comment if there is something that they don't want us to know. If there were no FBI agents or informants pushing the mob into violence, I would think they would either proclaim it from the rooftops as soon as there was any hint of that, or they would leak that no FBI agents or informants were pushing the mob into violence.

I agree that I will be waiting forever. Is there any logical objection to my not making a judgement with incomplete information?

Not at all, as I stated:

Last question Cruz asked was did federal agents actively encourage violent or criminal conduct. Response: "Not to my knowledge." There you have it.

Much of that video deals with Epps. They're not going to answer questions about specific people or cases that haven't been litigated. There's not anything in there the FBI was going to answer. Shouldn't be surprising tho.

I don't that they will ever comment if there is something that they don't want us to know. If there were no FBI agents or informants pushing the mob into violence, I would think they would either proclaim it from the rooftops as soon as there was any hint of that, or they would leak that no FBI agents or informants were pushing the mob into violence.
    They've already stated no federal agents actively encouraged violence or criminal conduct, at least "not to their knowledge."
    I agree that I will be waiting forever. Is there any logical objection to my not making a judgement with incomplete information?
    There's plenty enough other information you can rely on that has nothing to do with the FBI.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom