2024 GOP Presidential Race (1 Viewer)

Users who are viewing this thread

SteveSBrickNJ

Reaction score
    Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?

For decades, the ambitions of Florida’s Republican governors were stymied by the liberal-leaning state Supreme Court.

That is, until Ron DeSantis was elected.

The court let him erase a congressional district with a large Black population. It opened the door to a law making it easier to impose the death penalty. Now, it’s poised to rule on the governor’s plan to outlaw most abortions in the third-most-populous state.

The hard-right turn was by design. DeSantis seized on the unusual retirement of three liberal justices at once to quickly remake the court. He did so with the help of a secretive panel led by Leonard Leo — the key architect of the U.S. Supreme Court’s conservative majority — that quietly vetted judicial nominees in an Orlando conference room three weeks before the governor’s inauguration.

“So what I do is I convene a group of people that I trust — some people in Florida, some people outside of the state who you would know, who I’m not going to say, because you know, it’s private,” DeSantis later said on a conservative podcast. “Then they put these candidates through the wringer.”

After taking office in January 2019, DeSantis appointed three new justices in two weeks, flipping the court from what he described as a 4-3 liberal majority to a 6-1 conservative advantage.
More recently, two justices appointed by past Republicans stepped down and took more lucrative jobs with allies of the governor, allowing DeSantis to handpick his own stalwarts.

The governor’s efforts have yielded one of the most conservative state Supreme Courts in the country, reflecting Florida’s shift from a politically competitive state to a testing ground for culture war legislation over immigration, race and sex education that is now at the heart of DeSantis’s presidential bid.

He repeatedly points to his overhaul of the state court as a sign of how he would approach the judiciary if elected. He has called Justice Clarence Thomas “our greatest living justice” and pledged to move the U.S. Supreme Court even further to the right than President Donald Trump did.

In Florida, the governor’s confidential vetting process for the high court was one of the earliest examples of what would become a signature tactic of his administration — testing the boundaries of executive authority, while defying protocols aimed at transparency and accountability.

It also foreshadowed the governor’s allegiance to the Federalist Society, the organization led by Leo that worked behind the scenes at the national level to build the conservative Supreme Court supermajority that overturned the right to abortion…….

Court-packing. I thought Rs were outraged by it?

This is a video of an interview by Fox's Brett Baier in which he was very tough on Trump.
    Definitely putting Trump on the defensive.
    This is just an example of the Fox Hard News that is in contrast to the Sean Hannity style talking heads.

This is a video of an interview by Fox's Brett Baier in which he was very tough on Trump.
    This is just an example of the Fox Hard News that is in contrast to the Sean Hannity style talking heads.

Baier is probably the only guy at FNC I have any amount of respect for. He's always been a straight shooter.

Trump trashes FNC on the regular now.

He cost them $775 billion. So far.

I am sure their time switch with him is just a coincidence

I liked Smith better, when he was there. It’s a low bar, lol.

Baier is probably the only guy at FNC I have any amount of respect for. He's always been a straight shooter.
    I think Shannon Bream and Harris Faulkner are also worthy of your respect.
    Btw, I created a thread based on a story I came across today about Senator Joe Manchin

Many of Trump's endorsed candidates did not do well on Nov. 8th.
    Gov. Ron DeSantis DID do well.
    He won convincingly.
    Yet in this OP's opinion, Donald Trump is an egomaniac who is seemingly incapable of putting "Party over Self"
    Trump has ZERO chance of being elected our next president.
    In my opinion, if Trump would just shut up and go away (fat chance of that)...but "if" Trump did that, Gov. Ron DeSantis would have a CHANCE to be a formidable candidate for President in 2024.
    Here is an interesting article on this topic...
    What do any of you think re. Trump vs DeSantis?
    I believe that if Trump went away, DeSantis would not only have a better chance at winning the White House, but from the standpoint of the issues important to Trump supporters, would likely do a better job of following through and getting things done.

So . . . it seems that Trump dropping out would be the ideal solution, if only we could convince him to do so, right?

Wrong.

There is one big fly in that bowl of Happy Soup. If Trump drops out, that means that the seven year effort largely started and pressed in its infancy by Peter Strzok and his cheerleader, Lisa Page, will have finally been a success. Operation Get Trump would have finally paid off.

So . . . what prevents the same type bad actors from targeting DeSantis next? Or warning DeSantis that if he doesn't act under their rules, he will be next? Why will every president not get similar treatment, unless they play ball?

The question now goes well beyond Trump. The question is do we want to be the kind of democracy in which the voters choose the candidates, and then chuse the electors that select the president in accordance with the expressed wishes of those voters?

Or do we want to be some other kind of "democracy?"

I believe that if Trump went away, DeSantis would not only have a better chance at winning the White House, but from the standpoint of the issues important to Trump supporters, would likely do a better job of following through and getting things done.

So . . . it seems that Trump dropping out would be the ideal solution, if only we could convince him to do so, right?

Wrong.

There is one big fly in that bowl of Happy Soup. If Trump drops out, that means that the seven year effort largely started and pressed in its infancy by Peter Strzok and his cheerleader, Lisa Page, will have finally been a success. Operation Get Trump would have finally paid off.

So . . . what prevents the same type bad actors from targeting DeSantis next? Or warning DeSantis that if he doesn't act under their rules, he will be next? Why will every president not get similar treatment, unless they play ball?

The question now goes well beyond Trump. The question is do we want to be the kind of democracy in which the voters choose the candidates, and then chuse the electors that select the president in accordance with the expressed wishes of those voters?

Thank you for your post. I have been enjoying your posts the last 2 weeks or so. I do not care about the 7 year effort you make reference to. Trump should never be President again. Period. It does not need to be Desantis. I am open to others. I wish you would be too.

Thank you for your post. I have been enjoying your posts the last 2 weeks or so. I do not care about the 7 year effort you make reference to. Trump should never be President again. Period. It does not need to be Desantis. I am open to others. I wish you would be too.
    I'm glad that you've enjoyed my posts.

As to being open to others, I'm sure I'll support the next popular president or candidate that the weaponized DOJ goes after, regardless of political party. I've never seen much difference in the two, and the idea that Trump might be different is what made me pause on stubbornly voting Libertarian and vote for a Republican.

I have to put any ideas of the U.S. being a libertarian republic on long-term hold, and do what little I can to help it stay a republic at all.

I think Baier is trying to repair his reputation as a journalist after the Dominion lawsuit revealed that he was right there at the front of the line on election night wanting to shut up the Fox reporter that fact checked things in a way not favorable to Trump and complaining about Fox calling Arizona for Biden.

Baier's reputation took a big hit within the world of journalism. Of course he'll be hard on Trump now as a "see I'm an unbiased journalist with integrity." He's just another in a long list of high profile people that occasionally do or say the right things when the get something out of it.

Robert F Kennedy Jr, the conspiracy theorist and vaccine skeptic challenging Joe Biden for the Democratic presidential nomination, told an interviewer he had “conversations with dead people” every day.

Kennedy’s uncle, John F Kennedy, the 35th US president, was assassinated in Dallas in 1963. His father, Robert F Kennedy, the US attorney general and New York senator, was killed in Los Angeles five years later.

In an interview with the Free Press, Kennedy was asked how he thought his father and uncle would tackle challenges facing America today.

“I do meditations every day,” Kennedy said. “That’s kind of the nature of my meditations. I have a lot of conversations with dead people.”

“In a follow-up text,” the Free Press said, Kennedy clarified: “They are one-way prayers for strength and wisdom. I get no strategic advice from the dead.”

The Free Press said its interviewer was greeted at Kennedy’s Los Angeles home by a guard “with an earpiece and a nondisclosure agreement”. After the interviewer refused to sign the document, Kennedy “came out, shrugged, and led me inside”.

Describing Kennedy’s gilded but tragic family story, the Free Press noted that he thinks his father was probably killed by the CIA, and his uncle definitely.

The site also detailed Kennedy’s transformation from environmental campaigner to vaccine skeptic and conspiracy theorist, a process accelerated by the Covid pandemic.

Kennedy’s sister, the human rights campaigner Kerry Kennedy, has said: “I love Bobby. I think he’s just completely wrong on [Covid vaccines] and very dangerous.”…….

Wrong.

Clearly Trump supporters want the other kind of "democracy".

See: 1/6/21

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

General News Feed

Fact Checkers News Feed

Back
    Top Bottom